Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Your Definition Of Toxicity?
No like actually. I want no jokes, proper definitions. So I can avoid toxic behavior and be able to call out people for being toxic.

I also have a screenshot and I want to know if this is toxic.

uh wait how do i send images

someone actually tell me

i want to know oh my god
[-] The following 1 user Likes pestilence's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
bruh can someone respond im seeking valuable information
(04-23-2020, 04:24 PM)pestilence Wrote: bruh can someone respond im seeking valuable information

LOL!

Hi Pestilence!  I really hope you're a stand-up comic kinda guy, rather than a guy waiting to give each of us our own measured dose of toxicity, using what we ourselves said against us!

(Sadly, I could see that working a bunch of the times... hehehe)

You cannot upload pictures here, but have to find a place to host them on the Internet, and then reference them in your post.
So a place like gyazo.com works, imgur, or any other similar site... note the URL you want to use, and when you "Insert Image" into your post, just tell it where your pic lives.

Looking forward to getting to know you! (So long as you're not as bad as your name implies, and you're not seriously contagious! lolol)

My definition of Toxicity:
   If your name is '[color=#33ffff]Poison
', then you are toxic by definition! Everything you say, can and will be used against you for ridicule, teasing, and whatever other dumb &#$# you left yourself open to. (@Poison, are you getting this? Cause I just rekt you again!! hahaha!)[/colorz
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • pestilence
(04-23-2020, 05:29 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:24 PM)pestilence Wrote: bruh can someone respond im seeking valuable information

LOL!

Hi Pestilence!  I really hope you're a stand-up comic kinda guy, rather than a guy waiting to give each of us our own measured dose of toxicity, using what we ourselves said against us!

(Sadly, I could see that working a bunch of the times... hehehe)

You cannot upload pictures here, but have to find a place to host them on the Internet, and then reference them in your post.
So a place like gyabo.com works, imgur, or any other similar site... note the URL you want to use, and when you "Insert Image" into your post, just tell it where your pic lives.

Looking forward to getting to know you! (So long as you're not as bad as your name implies, and you're not seriously contagious! lolol)

My definition of Toxicity:
   If your name is 'Poison', then you are toxic by definition! Everything you say, can and will be used against you for ridicule, teasing, and whatever other dumb &#$# you left yourself open to. (@Poison, are you getting this? Cause I just rekt you again!! hahaha!)

funny
no but seriously i am asking for honestly
possibly a list?
also thanks for the information with the pictures.

the image was taken with snipping tool and i deleted it for a reason i cant remember
my memory is bad sometimes
other times it just has THE WORST possible timing
"oh u just touched a tissue box made from cardboard? covid-19 can live on that for 24 hours, have fun mate."
I believe that there are different levels of toxicity.

Saying something like "lol" or "noob" after winning a battle can be toxic, depending on who says it. If you are friends with the player, it is usually just teasing. If the other player is an enemy, it is usually meant to be toxic. Even then, this is only slightly toxic.

The highest level of toxicity is completely separate from gameplay and is at a much more personal level. This is constantly harassing and spreading lies only to degrade another player's reputation. A toxic player butts into your conversations and takes every word you say and finds a way to use it against you. A toxic player is online all day every day only waiting to strike. No matter how much you ignore this other person, he/she will relentlessly mock you and try to break you down (but all the while they only make themselves look bad LOL). THIS is true toxicity.
[-] The following 3 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • Jupiter, pestilence, Squirrel
(04-23-2020, 09:42 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: I believe that there are different levels of toxicity.

Saying something like "lol" or "noob" after winning a battle can be toxic, depending on who says it. If you are friends with the player, it is usually just teasing. If the other player is an enemy, it is usually meant to be toxic. Even then, this is only slightly toxic.

The highest level of toxicity is completely separate from gameplay and is at a much more personal level. This is constantly harassing and spreading lies only to degrade another player's reputation. A toxic player butts into your conversations and takes every word you say and finds a way to use it against you. A toxic player is online all day every day only waiting to strike. No matter how much you ignore this other person, he/she will relentlessly mock you and try to break you down (but all the while they only make themselves look bad LOL). THIS is true toxicity.

Thank you, that's what I want

(04-24-2020, 12:11 AM)samira Wrote: @pestilence I suggest you post some examples... then we can talk about them.

I am too lazy to think about a definition but if I see examples I could tell if I think it’s toxic or not. Idea

Some examples

I win a battle, someone else was there. It was a 1v1v1. Person I killed calls me a teamer, despite it being a 1v1v1 and not a 2v1.

Someone constantly uses caps and rude language, no swearing.

Usage of bypasses to swear.

Cleverly constructed sentences with little to no insults.
(04-24-2020, 12:18 PM)pestilence Wrote: Some examples

I win a battle, someone else was there. It was a 1v1v1. Person I killed calls me a teamer, despite it being a 1v1v1 and not a 2v1.

I can see your point. "Toxic" is an old word with a new meaning, as given to it by young people describing others as "bothering them".

These days, young people seem to prefer purposely vague descriptions/meanings, so they can roll it out whenever they really want to.

And that is how you make a word mean, really, nothing at all, because when someone hears it, they still don't have any details.

I would just try not to use the word at all to describe situations that happened.

And when someone else uses it, you have to ask them what it means, because the word is simply used too broadly.
Fight the Good Fight
  • DoctorFinkle
(04-24-2020, 03:05 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 12:18 PM)pestilence Wrote: Some examples

I can see your point. "Toxic" is an old word with a new meaning, as given to it by young people describing others as "bothering them".

These days, young people seem to prefer purposely vague descriptions/meanings, so they can roll it out whenever they really want to.

And that is how you make a word mean, really, nothing at all, because when someone hears it, they still don't have any details.

I would just try not to use the word at all to describe situations that happened.

And when someone else uses it, you have to ask them what it means, because the word is simply used too broadly.

i see
WOW! I am never toxic! Not in Agma or Discord, I'm just plain STUPID! Big Grin
Sleepy Life is good for you, because somebody out there has it worse. Sleepy
|
|
|
 But life is short, so enjoy what you have and don't worry about what you don't have 
(05-05-2020, 04:59 PM)Poison Wrote: WOW! I am never toxic! Not in Agma or Discord, I'm just plain STUPID! Big Grin

m-w.com Wrote:Definition of poison (noun):
1a: a substance that through its chemical action usually kills, injures, or impairs an organism
b(1): something destructive or harmful
(2): an object of aversion or abhorrence
2: a substance that inhibits the activity of another substance or the course of a reaction or process
a catalyst poison

Synonyms: Noun
bane, toxic, toxin, venom

'Nuff said, right?!
Fight the Good Fight
Being toxic is and can be quite bad, but reading a few of the responses here are only relating to being 'toxic on agma'. DO you mean abot being toxic as in general?

being toxic can be in different ways, such as being offensive in a sarcastic tone. Also they could brag alot about themselves or what they own, talking about you behind your back, maipulative/controling, blaming their feelings on others etc.

its hard to grasp the concept without an image or messages. you can add an image by uploading to Imgur, then uploading the link

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
(05-06-2020, 09:26 AM)Breakfast Wrote: Being toxic is and can be quite bad, but reading a few of the responses here are only relating to being 'toxic on agma'. DO you mean abot being toxic as in general?

being toxic can be in different ways, such as being offensive in a sarcastic tone. Also they could brag alot about themselves or what they own, talking about you behind your back, maipulative/controling, blaming their feelings on others etc.

its hard to grasp the concept without an image or messages. you can add an image by uploading to Imgur, then uploading the link

See what I mean about young people expanding and making definitions more vague?!

Sarcasm, I can agree with as being slightly down the road of emotional abuse. But bragging?! That is all about ego, why call it 'toxic'?! Talking about someone behind their back, I again agree with as slightly adversive. But Being manipulative or controlling takes planning, and is usually meant to be done so subtly that the victim doesn't even realize it. I suggest that it's only possibly 'toxic' if they do a lousy job of obscuring what they're trying to do!

And then you capped it off, using "etcetra"!
Fight the Good Fight
  • Breakfast