Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona time.
Being stuck at home retired during this covid 19 pandemic all this inactivity and over eating, also playing agario for long periods of time and my age(58) . I have twisted something in my back. Was kind of painful, couldn't sleep visited the hospital at 2:00 am. Last night. Was good to see that although lots of things have changed at the hospital, they did get to me and fixed my problem with an injection and prescription. Although not100%. I am much better now and was able to sleep when I arrived home. My wife wasn't allowed to stay in the waiting room with me or even be in the hospital. She had to drive home and pick me up later. ( Totally understandable) . I live in Ontario and we often hear how expensive and inefficient our health care system . I've got nothing but good things to say about how I was treated last night. All the staff ( security, nurses custodian and doctor ) treated me with respect and did so with manners and a smile. I know our healthcare system is far from perfect but last night I was in appreciation of our health care system especially in these unusual times when the hospitals are under so much pressure.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, Light*, Squirrel
(04-15-2020, 05:42 PM)samira Wrote: Oh dear, that doesn’t sound too good - going to the ambulance in the middle of the night! Confused
I am glad to hear they could help you. They even could help you immediately- although that corona crisis.

About 2 years ago I had an emergency as well, okay, actually even two, and had to go to the hospital. And i was thinking the same... Healy care definitely is very expensive. But when you have an emergency, when you really need help, and suddenly a lot of people take care of you: then you are glad your society has that expensive health care system!!

I believe every country should have  a system that when a human needs medical help, they get that help no matter if they can afford it or not. It may be expensive to have a social health are system but it’s the right thing.
 I thank you for your input and agree that everyone in the world should have access to medical care. Unfortunately that is not the case ( especially in third world countries where health Care is only affordable to the well off) I had a similar problem in Colombia Was my leg this time and I could see a private doctor for approximately $15 dollars.  The majority of Colombians could not afford a private doctor and would have to wait in a long line at the hospital. So I never complain about about the long waiting times at the hospitals in Ontario. It's nothing compared to the working class poor in Colombia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(04-15-2020, 05:42 PM)samira Wrote: Oh dear, that doesn’t sound too good - going to the ambulance in the middle of the night! Confused
I am glad to hear they could help you. They even could help you immediately- although that corona crisis.

About 2 years ago I had an emergency as well, okay, actually even two, and had to go to the hospital. And i was thinking the same... Healy care definitely is very expensive. But when you have an emergency, when you really need help, and suddenly a lot of people take care of you: then you are glad your society has that expensive health care system!!

I believe every country should have  a system that when a human needs medical help, they get that help no matter if they can afford it or not. It may be expensive to have a social health are system but it’s the right thing.

I agree with you, and @Jupiter, and since I also live in Ontario, I completely agree with Jupiter's assessment!

I think I now have more friends who live in the USA, than anywhere else in the world, (including Canada itself), and their health care system troubles me the most, with too many people not covered by a reasonably comprehensive "company" plan of insurance benefits to top up what their government does for free. With so many people in the USA either there illegally, and part of the "underground economy" instead, plus those who depend on the "Obamacare", and now Trump's modified version of that, I know that Americans, while able to earn more, are also far more likely to one day face debilitating medical costs, even to the point where "treatable" things, just cannot be treated, because their family simply can't gather the money for them.

It makes me bow my head in shame a bit, because Canada gains so much from America's military might, but contributes nothing to their health costs for being a safer country, simply because it is next to the USA.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, Jupiter
(04-15-2020, 07:55 PM)Squirrel Wrote:

I agree with you, and @Jupiter, and since I also live in Ontario, I completely agree with Jupiter's assessment!

I think I now have more friends who live in the USA, than anywhere else in the world, (including Canada itself), and their health care system troubles me the most, with too many people not covered by a reasonably comprehensive "company" plan of insurance benefits to top up what their government does for free. With so many people in the USA either there illegally, and part of the "underground economy" instead, plus those who depend on the "Obamacare", and now Trump's modified version of that, I know that Americans, while able to earn more, are also far more likely to one day face debilitating medical costs, even to the point where "treatable" things, just cannot be treated, because their family simply can't gather the money for them.

It makes me bow my head in shame a bit, because Canada gains so much from America's military might, but contributes nothing to their health costs for being a safer country, simply because it is next to the USA.
   U.S.A.' s health care system is a conundrum. What I know about their system is very little. But I hear stories of people with good jobs and adequate insurance can still have medical debts because health insurance in the states have limits so expensive procedures such as cancer treatments and heart surgeries can go over the insurance  limit leaving patient and their families having to make up what the insurance won't pay leaving them to remortgage their homes or finding a drastic way of raising the rest of the money. This shouldn't be happening to a family in their time of need. Medical costs are so inflated in the U.S. that people with little or no health care insurance can't afford medicines or medical devices We have it a little better in Canada but without adequate insurance you still have to pay medicines and equipment out of pocket. My son is a contractor and recently had to shell Shell out over $100 out of pocket for her daughter's pills. He is independent ( works for himself) so he has no company insurance plan and he 3 kids and a hefty mortgage.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Squirrel
(04-15-2020, 08:30 PM)Jupiter Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 07:55 PM)Squirrel Wrote:

U.S.A.' s health care system is a conundrum. What I know about their system is very little. But I hear stories of people with good jobs and adequate insurance can still have medical debts because health insurance in the states have limits so expensive procedures such as cancer treatments and heart surgeries can go over the insurance  limit leaving patient and their families having to make up what the insurance won't pay leaving them to remortgage their homes or finding a drastic way of raising the rest of the money. This shouldn't be happening to a family in their time of need. Medical costs are so inflated in the U.S. that people with little or no health care insurance can't afford medicines or medical devices We have it a little better in Canada but without adequate insurance you still have to pay medicines and equipment out of pocket. My son is a contractor and recently had to shell Shell out over $100 out of pocket for her daughter's pills. He is independent ( works for himself) so he has no company insurance plan and he 3 kids and a hefty mortgage.
Unfortunately my pain didn't go away, forced to return to the hospital last night around 10pm. Last thing I wanted to do was return to the hospital with covid-19 the center of attention. I think last night they had the b team on call. First the nurse at triage condescendingly  asked me why I didn't take tylenol with my medication. I answered I was not aware or the doctor never suggested I take Tylenol with my medication. Read the instruction the pharmacist gave me nowhere did it say I could take Tylenol with my other pain killers. I don't know why they assume this is common knowledge. After 2 hours in the waiting room, I get called to go to the final waiting room.a large security guard approached me angry wanting to take me away. I don't know what he thought I did to warrant such an attitude but believe me when I say I was in too much pain to cause any trouble ( as if I would).So after the nurse argued with the security and he finally walked away she told me don't look at him like that he just made a mistake.( I'm the victim here) . I'll look at him however I feel. Then after a debate with the doctor who didn't even look at my back. He finally prescribes morphine. In any other time I would probably be given an ultrasound. Ultrasounds and x-rays are only ordered if it is a life or death situation these days. Any way I have to work through the pain. Hopefully now I have enough medication so I can lie down and perhaps get some sleep. I really don't want to go back for a third night.