Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Improve Party System
1. Chat-Only Parties
Some players have party invitations disabled because they do not want a bunch of randoms begging to team with them. I would do the same, but I keep it on in case someone wants to have a private conversation with me and is not on my friendlist. There have been occasions where I wanted to have a private conversation with someone but that player had invitations disabled. Depending on the situation, it can be awkward to publicly ask them to enable invitations. This would be a nice option for those who want to be able to have private conversations on command without worrying about random beggars.

2. Disable Party Mini-Map in SOLO Agf.io
Parties in the SOLO Agf.io server should ONLY be chat-only. Features like party chat and party animations can still exist without being able to see each other on the mini-map.

3. Disable Party Invitations From Certain Players
It does not matter if you a solo player or a teamer, random beggars are annoying as hell! This would be a nice option for teamers who want to team in parties without having to worry about random players relentlessly inviting.

4. Party Leaders
We have all been in that situation where you invite one player to a party and soon half the server is in your party. It gets way too confusing with random people joining and leaving and having to keep track of who is on your team. Whoever starts a party should be able to set a limit to the number of players that party can hold. A player receiving a party invitation would be able to see this number so they would know before accepting. This number could be preset in the settings so that it is ready when you invite someone.

[Image: 2.png]

The leader could change this number while in the party as he/she pleases. I do not think something like this would be controversial but this next one might be. I am still unsure about this, but party leaders could maybe even be able to choose who is allowed to invite (and maybe even kick?) other players. I know this may cause a lot of unnecessary drama, so that is why I am still unsure. Finally, the leader would also choose a backup leader in case he/she leaves the party.

5. Invite Players From Other Parties/Merge Parties
It can be frustrating when you and your friend are in different parties and you have to explain to everyone in your party to leave if they want to join the combined party, especially since a lot of players do not look at the chat. I do not really see any harm in being able to invite players that are already in another party, but I am sure Sora has a reason for this, please tell me if so. I think the option to invite an entire party to your party to merge parties in one click would also be nice.

6. Custom Party Mini-Map Icons
With larger parties, as players join and leave the party, the players' numbers are constantly changing on the mini-map. I think a good solution would be an option to create a custom symbol for your icon so that everyone in the party always knows who is who.

[Image: Screenshot-2020-04-06-at-2-1.png]

If a player does not have a custom symbol or if someone in the party already has the same symbol as a newly added player, then it could be randomized.

7. Leaderboard
In Agar.io, you can your teammates' ranks even if they are not in the top 10. It is always helpful to know how big you are in relation to your other teammates.

8. SOS Key
While in a tight situation, it is not always easy to go to the party chat to ask for help. It would be nice if there was a hotkey that would automatically send a custom SOS message in the party chat such as "help" or "come" (and don't forget to include "plz"!)

Thank you for reading my thread. I have planned on writing this for over a week, so there may be some ideas I forgot to mention. I will update this thread as new ideas pop in my head. Feel free to offer your ideas or even argue against mine!

v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v
[-] The following 3 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, flyingblue, Squirrel
(04-06-2020, 09:01 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: 1. Chat-Only Parties
Some players have party invitations disabled because they do not want a bunch of randoms begging to team with them. I would do the same, but I keep it on in case someone wants to have a private conversation with me and is not on my friendlist. There have been occasions where I wanted to have a private conversation with someone but that player had invitations disabled. Depending on the situation, it can be awkward to publicly ask them to enable invitations. This would be a nice option for those who want to be able to have private conversations on command without worrying about random beggars.

2. Disable Party Mini-Map in SOLO Agf.io
Parties in the SOLO Agf.io server should ONLY be chat-only. Features like party chat and party animations can still exist without being able to see each other on the mini-map.

3. Disable Party Invitations From Certain Players
It does not matter if you a solo player or a teamer, random beggars are annoying as hell! This would be a nice option for teamers who want to team in parties without having to worry about random players relentlessly inviting.

4. Party Leaders
We have all been in that situation where you invite one player to a party and soon half the server is in your party. It gets way too confusing with random people joining and leaving and having to keep track of who is on your team. Whoever starts a party should be able to set a limit to the number of players that party can hold. A player receiving a party invitation would be able to see this number so they would know before accepting. This number could be preset in the settings so that it is ready when you invite someone.

[Image: 2.png]

The leader could change this number while in the party as he/she pleases. I do not think something like this would be controversial but this next one might be. I am still unsure about this, but party leaders could maybe even be able to choose who is allowed to invite (and maybe even kick?) other players. I know this may cause a lot of unnecessary drama, so that is why I am still unsure. Finally, the leader would also choose a backup leader in case he/she leaves the party.

5. Invite Players From Other Parties/Merge Parties
It can be frustrating when you and your friend are in different parties and you have to explain to everyone in your party to leave if they want to join the combined party, especially since a lot of players do not look at the chat. I do not really see any harm in being able to invite players that are already in another party, but I am sure Sora has a reason for this, please tell me if so. I think the option to invite an entire party to your party to merge parties in one click would also be nice.

6. Custom Party Mini-Map Icons
With larger parties, as players join and leave the party, the players' numbers are constantly changing on the mini-map. I think a good solution would be an option to create a custom symbol for your icon so that everyone in the party always knows who is who.

[Image: Screenshot-2020-04-06-at-2-1.png]

If a player does not have a custom symbol or if someone in the party already has the same symbol as a newly added player, then it could be randomized.

7. Leaderboard
In Agar.io, you can your teammates' ranks even if they are not in the top 10. It is always helpful to know how big you are in relation to your other teammates.

8. SOS Key
While in a tight situation, it is not always easy to go to the party chat to ask for help. It would be nice if there was a hotkey that would automatically send a custom SOS message in the party chat such as "help" or "come" (and don't forget to include "plz"!)

Thank you for reading my thread. I have planned on writing this for over a week, so there may be some ideas I forgot to mention. I will update this thread as new ideas pop in my head. Feel free to offer your ideas or even argue against mine!

v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

You put quite a bit of work into this, and I wish I had more feedback, but as a consequience of my challenges, I don't use the Party system at all. People who private message me generally find they aren't answered. In the game, I only have enough eyeball power to concentrate on the game... (lol)

As a result, I have Party Invitations off... and really, I could turn the chat off altogether but if I'm not moving, then I might read what people are saying. And then if I have a conversation, chances are it's from Spectater mode. (lol)

I hope someone else has some feedback whether your ideas would be helpful or not, but a few of them certainly sound like they would be!

For #5, I think probably everyone can only be in one party, because there is a simple single variable involved, rather than a heap, which would allow people to have more than one entry. This just makes the programming easier.

Also #3 I think, would be the most popular of your mentioned features. Some people do not take hints well, and then at the end just purposely to bother you with their invitations. Just as there are friends made in the game, there are also enemies, and chances are you would never ever team up with them.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-07-2020, 09:02 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Also #3 I think, would be the most popular of your mentioned features. Some people do not take hints well, and then at the end just purposely to bother you with their invitations.
Sometimes if someone does not take the hint, I just temporarily disable invitations, usually only for about 10 seconds...I never see any invitations after that! XD
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • Squirrel
Someone posted spam in the Ideas forum, I'm just bumping this back to the top lol.
(04-08-2020, 11:27 AM)samira Wrote: The spam will be removed. Idea

oh...lol
I eat spammers for breakfast
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apix 's post:
  • Sunny_Official
(04-09-2020, 06:57 AM)samira Wrote: Oh someone just said he wants to delete the spam threads?

Angel

Haha, thanks friend! Maybe TailPipe wants to volunteer for that job!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-06-2020, 09:01 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: 3. Disable Party Invitations From Certain Players

I really like that idea..
But I have a change proposal, there should be something like a configurable whitelist instead of disabling party invs of certain players.

well writen amigo!
[-] The following 3 users Like Sunny_Official's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, Squirrel
(04-09-2020, 06:10 PM)Sunny_Official Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 09:01 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: 3. Disable Party Invitations From Certain Players

But I have a change proposal, there should be something like a configurable whitelist instead of disabling party invs of certain players.

well writen amigo!

Great idea, we should be able to turn off invites from certain players and it shouldnt be that hard to implement(?), Often when I play in servers where everyone knows me, I type for my friend to invite me but I always get spammed by people and I keep rejecting
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 3 users Like xRENDEx's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, Squirrel
(04-09-2020, 06:10 PM)Sunny_Official Wrote:

well writen amigo!

Great idea! However, I think "as well as" would be a better phrase than "instead of". There are some players (like me) who would be willing to team with anyone, with the exception of a few annoying players, while others only team with a few select players. Depending on the player's preference, he/she could have a whitelist and a blacklist.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • Squirrel