Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Agma Is Broken
Why Agma Is Broken

1. The game is death. The speed of new developments is extremly slow.

2. Virus Fast Farming disables virusing for other players than the farmer(s), completely or at least partially (I almost only play on AGF SOLO so I don't know if the problem is as worse - as it is there - on other servers)
-
3. There is no way to help as it's closed source and commerical

4.  Even players that pay every month (gold membership) are being torturted with stuff like a respawn break and ads / punishment for using an ad blocker

5. The code quality (at least partially) is bad

6. The support is extremly bad since support often needs months

7. The most needed feature, ingame moderation, is missing, since a  long time (see 2.)

8. Servers often lag or crash or wathever

9. Proving new skins needs too long (not always but often)

10. The identity of the owner of Agma is unknown, which probably isn't legal (European law, missing imprint/impressum on a commercial website)

11. Teamers on solo servers are completely ignored (see 7.)

12. The game has no bot protection at all (or its so weak that I have never seen it), bots exist and could easily be spread if someone wanted to (but people seem to prefer to use them secretly so no action against them is taken - I am not sure if that is better or worse)

13. The Agma Discord needs to be improved

14. Many things are outdated (rewards) or annoucned since like forever (for instance searching for players in the ranking)

15. The forum is spammed by bots on a daily basis

16. The forum often is down

17. No punishment for people that behave bad ingame, or at least I have never seen any, no matter what they do (see 7.)

18. Racism is also tolerated (see 7.)

19. The mobile version is ... well there are no mobile servers so ur fighting against PC players with mice.  It's rather pointless. 

20. The game (on most servers) is pay to win -> powerups. I have more than 5.000 powerups since I invested some real money. I can spam powers like there's no tommorow. That's awful.

21. Giving feedback seems to be pointless. (Why am I writing this thread? No idea.)

That's it for now. I am sure I missed dozens of other problems, especially from other servers and from the Discord server.
(03-19-2020, 11:47 PM)samira Wrote: Why Agma Is Broken

1. The game is death. The speed of new developments is extremly slow.

2. Virus Fast Farming disables virusing for other palyers than the farmer(s), completely or at least partially (I almost only play on AGF SOLO so I don't know if the problem is as worse as it is there on other servers)

3. There is no way to help as it's closed soruce and commerical

4.  Even players that pay every month (gold membership) are being torturted with stuff like a respawn break and ads / punishment for using an ad blocker

5. The code quality (at least partially) is bad

6. The support is extremly bad

7. The most needed feature, ingame moderation, is missing, since a  long time (see 2.)

8. Servers often lag or crash or wathever

9. Proving new skins needs too long (not always but often)

10. The identity of the owner of Agma is unknown, which probably isn't legal (European law, no imprint/impressum on a commercial website)

11. Teamers solo servers are completely ignored (see 7.)

12. The game has no bot protection at all (or its so weak that I have never seen it), bots exist and could easily be spread if someone wanted to (but people seem to prefer to use them secretly so no action against them is taken - I am not sure if that is better or worse)

13. The Agma Discord needs to be improved

14. Many things are outdated

15. The forum is spammed by bots on a daily basis

16. The forum often is down

17. No punishment for people that behave bad ingame, or at least I have never seen any, no matter what they do (see 7.)

18. Racism is also tolerated (see 7.)

19. The mobile version is ... well there are no mobile servers so ur fighting against PC players with mice.  It's rather pointless. 

20. The game (on most servers) is pay to win -> powerups. I have more than 5.000 powerups since I invested some real money. I can spam powers like there's no tommorow. That's awful.

21. Giving feedbakc seems to be pointless. (Why am I writing this thread? No idea.)

That's it for now. I am sure I missed dozens of other problems, especially from other servers and from the Discord server.

Sigh... I can understand your frustration. But did you really think that posting this was going to HELP in any possible way??

I would like to be counted as your friend, and here are my responses.... hopefully none too harsh.

1. Yes, everyone dies. It builds patience. You could definitely use some more of that! Wink And you ARE a coder! You should know that two people doing this beyond their own regular lives is going to be difficult, but you decide to rant on them anyways??

2. You're referring to the number of viruses active in a game?? As you kill more viruses quicker, the game starts populating more viruses, again at a faster speed. Perhaps if 2 players are already using this strategy, then yes, you will find fewer viruses. Either change your strategy, or switch to another server.

3. And that is Sora's right. He is a private person. You, of all people, should understand that, since you are almost as private as he is! This was not the way to try to offer help -- getting angry. Sad

4. If you have video ads option off, you get very few ads. I'm not sure if that is a bug or not.

5. We have no idea what training the developers have, but they are trying to bring us a game. My having played almost 2500 hrs now is a testament that they have done exactly that. If some of it was 'quick and dirty', I am sure that YOU TOO have had to do some code that way, wanting to get something done, and being short on time.

6. Support like this message to you?? I will try to take no offense.

7. Do you have a time machine that Sora can borrow, so as to give himself more time than he has available?

8. You know why that is happening. Sadly, each person gets to choose whether they are nice or an ass.

9. Are you saying wait times for skin approval is too long? Our volunteers are giving as much time as they can. You could have offered to help in that regard as well, but you Sad chose a different path.

10. This is not being run by a CORPORATION, but by a CITIZEN! According to the rules, he is entitled to his privacy, just as you also would be, if you tried making a game. He needs to be able to protect himself from people who become unreasonably angry at him over a game they can choose to play, or leave.

11. Again, your time machine (see my #7) would help with this.

12. I have never written this sort of game, and I'm not sure how you would even go about that. But this rant isn't going to help...

13. Sora leaves the Discord to us. We volunteers do what we can. Make suggestions. Consider if you'd be willing to help.

14. This is natural for a complex piece of cooding where the devs don't have enough time. (See #7 again)

15. I delete the spam as often as I can. We use old software, and Sora wants people to have no restrictions in posting. The spam is the unfortunate side effect of that. I will try harder.

16. This old software must have a bug in it that allows it to crash from time to time. Sora tries to look for this, and restart it as often as he can.

17. Do you have a solution for people who play the game using a VPN that still allows everyone an opportunity to play? If you have a better solution, I'm sure Sora would love to hear it.

18. Someone has to code the in-game moderation first (see my #7..again). This would be assuaged by a solution to #17 partly as well.

19. The game itself needs development; there simply is no developers to throw at a mobile version. Don't play on a mobile. Being addicted to a game is not good for you either. Sora has at no point suggested that people should play on their cells.

20. With as many young children playing as there are, P2W is the best model that allows them to play and be your hapless victims, and still get the necessary cash to pay for the resources needed.

And now I'm going to work, late, because I wanted to answer this.
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
1. Patience? How much? Ingame moderation, how long are we waiting for it? 1 year? 2? It's essential and it's missing. Its easy to built-in, at least in a basic version. I don't see why I do not have enough patience. Also because I am a coder and did (inofficially) code for Agma I know what I am talking about, and I am not just making assumptions. However, I totally get that they are only two developers and might haver other priorities. Doesn't change the fact though.

PS: It is helping. Prevents me from doing something, such as yelling at people ingame.

2. No, I don't think we are talking about the same thing. There is a limit for the number of viruses that can exists at the same time on a server. If someone uses virus fast farming they "use" all viruses and others can't shoot viruses any more, which is utterly annoying and disturbing the game flow. Shooting viruses is the most sophisticated way to fight and then you can't do it... pretty much a show blocker.

3. I understand that, however, it's obvious that it implies that no one can help the developers (in the current state). I can code but I can't help them. I can't offer help, it's there is no way to help. Not directly. Indirectly? I tried that, but that had no effect. I added everything to the game I could with my script. Result? None. Even the most simple additions ( "/fps" and "/ping" commands ) have not been added. That's a thing of 10 minutes to add them...

4. I don't know whow you define "few" (ads) but I get ads with that option off. Well I don't see them because I use an ad blocker but they would be there. I pay every month for this game and bought thousands of powerups, this should be enough of a payment to get spared. (That's not so much a personal issue for me since I don't see this ads but the game also tries to convinve me to turn off the ad blocker which is unthinkable for me.)

5. Do it quick and dirty and then leave it that way, huh? And then bother others to fix that problems. Oh yeah, apparently it's my task to clean up the mess. Certain things have to be done server side and there is no point to tell me to fix them client side. Well I'm out of that, not going to clean up someone else's mess any more. I mean it's not my problem that there are (external) bots in the game, and many glitches and probably the performance issues of t he game are also result of bad coding....

6. I edited that. The response time is too long. For me, for anyone. People waited months to get help. That's not acceptable. It's nice that you help but you are not an admin, you can't offer certain type of support. Come on, you know people had to wait way too long to get their passwords changed, and it needed way to long to implement that essential and basic feature. What are we even debating about...?

7. @Squirrel ,I'd built that in within a week. At least a very first version. This is desperatly needed and it's missing since DAY 0 OF THIS GAME!!! It doesn't matter if they have much time or if they don't, what do you think , how much time did they invest so far in 2020 to code for Agma? A couple of hours, not more. This way it's not going to work. They are letting the game die. If they do not have time, they should publish Agma on GitHub. People could contribute and help them. Sure they could also steal code but does it matter? if they have not time to develop ANYTHING, then the game is dead anyways!

8. No I don't... People talk about DDoS but I don't think that's a satisfying explanation.

a) I have helped the game in a couple of different ways. Helping people in game in the chat. Helping them here in the forums. Making a script. Honestly, don't u think that's enough? Don't blame someone who actually DID help while probaly 100,000+ players didn't help at all. And as I can code there is no point to go for the skin approving task. I used my time to code, well, make the skin aprovers code helpful or fun thigns for the game. Wink
b) I have tought about that, approving skins could be integrated into the game. Everyone with an account could participate. It would rewarded with like 5,000 coins per skin review. If 10 people reviewed the same skin and the majority aproveed it the skin would automatically be aproved. Of course this is just a draft. Probably only people with a certain account level could do the review, so people cant create a couple of accounts to aprove their own skins. A similar system exists in League of Legends (there it is a tribunal for players reporting other players for bad behavior). Anyways, that's never going to happen as it requires coding work.
c) Skin reviewers could be rewarded with coins. or are they? if so, there could be advertisement for taht becausee I have never heard of that.

10. No @Squirrel that's of course incorrect! I am not a lawyer but I have no doubt that it's not legal to run a business that way in Europe and whether u call it a business or not: He is making money. It's not allowed to do that in Europe with a website without revealing your name and address. If I would run Agma I had to reveal my name or I would CERTAINLY be sued!!!! I already had trouble with German authorties because I did not do that on an NON-COMMERCIAL website I run (and they forced me to reveal that information on the website). They would go CRAZY if I would do that on a commercial website like Agma.io!

11. So basically giving up is the answer?

12. Because I made such a bot. It's not in use, never caused any harm and no one else but me has the code but what I say is a fact and is proven. And because there are other bots of other people.

13. I made suggestions in a different thread: http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=65250 @Squirrel my time besides doing way more coding work for this game than the official developers do (sic!) is also limited and I have no time to join a team, be the lowest in the hierarchy and getting my proposals ignored. I had that already in a different Discord server. Such change can't come from the bottom, it must come from the top. If the head doesn't want to walk, the feet won't walk. Anyways, this is not one of my personal concerns as I am no longer active in the Agma Discord. @Squirrel I am good at coding. I don't have a special talent in running a Discord server. I try to do what I am good in and make the most of it. I see your point but obviously I can't save the Agma Discord. Again, that doesn't mean it's an invalid point (issue).

14. Yeah and I don't blame for that, just tried to make a complete list.

15. Stop it, that's the wrong way to deal with it! That's the old "teach a man how to fish rather than giving him fish" principle! Sora has to deal with it, not you. Most of the bots could be handled automatically but - once again - that would require some code to write.

16. COME ON! Remind's me of Albert Einstein's "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over" (and expecting different results)

17. Ban their accounts?! People that should be banned are happily using their accounts... There is not punishment AT ALL from what I know, so "but they could use VPN" isn't really a good reason.

18. The point is, it's utterly simple to do that.And it's not happening. Why??????????????? If you say "no time" then I had to say "then the game is dead, absolutely dead".

19. True and even if there was a decent mobile version I wouldn't play it, I barely play games on my phone. But someone had time to make mobile optimizations rather than coding ingame moderation... you see the problem there?

20. I'm not sure it that is sarcasm?
It is too emotionally difficult for me to reply to your individual points, and obviously, we are not going to agree on much here, so to hell with the points, and let me sum up what is on my mind instead.

When I stumble upon a game that someone has made, I remember foremost my own experience, and I respect the person who's realm I have stumbled across. I really enjoyed taking a game, making it better, and largely affecting a community of people who came to share my enjoyment of playing. I was a player of the game first, and a hobbyist programmer second.

This is Sora's realm, and I value him greatly -- almost 2500 hours spent playing his game now!

This isn't some offshoot of Bethesda or Electronic Arts... it's really one-mans foray into gaming, his own way.

Quite likely he did a bunch of growing within that experience, and he is no longer the same guy he was when he started.

For whatever reason, he has been reticent to share much (any?) of his personal life. We don't know what challenges he has, or anything at all. So who are we to sit in judgement?!

I understand what you're saying... You see the game, and as a seasoned programmer with talent, you see the more that it could be, and it vexes you that that does not seem to be progressing!  But it is his realm and his journey we are joining, not our own!

I am saddened that you choose to express this deep-seated frustration in a negative way, attacking what another has accomplished. I choose instead to count my enjoyment, trust that he understands how he wants this realm of his to run, and just help out in whatever way he lets me.

For example, these Forums. There was someone who had the idea to use new software, and for a time ran a parallel 'Forums' on that software. It was better software in many ways, yet it failed, because Sora wanted his own, and the players of his game largely stuck with him, and were wary of venturing into someone else's extension of it.

It is not for us to judge his effort, or his ability. This is not some top gaming companies foray into simpler .io games. Then I would agree with you!

If you were to have some kind of epiphany, and decide that you wanted to create some manner of game, I could easily see myself asking what assistance I could be to your efforts!

I cannot understand why things are the way they are, because I am not privy to the backstory -- how this all came to be.

And since you are the same way, unwilling to really share in the essence of your being, I would have thought you could understand this more.

Nevertheless, I understand your frustration.

PS: Punishment, I can address.  What is the use in banning an account, when they can get a new account, and when really, each account is the same as the others??  We advance in levels but we all know that does not translate to skill. We can get new skins, but big deal -- the game remains the same.  So you ban an account, the idiot makes another. You know this happens, so I don't understand why you berate him for something that, with what he wants to provide (free gaming for all), collides with the ugliness of idiots who are not nice people, and will NEVER be nice people.  Between making new accounts at will, and changing between IPs at will via VPN, I posit that there is no reasonable current possible solution!! And that if your mind can think of one, I am sure he would love to hear that.

I'm disappointed..........
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
Lol, this thread is a train wreck. Just face it, the problems of Agma won't be solved anytime soon
People have said the problems time and time again. It ain't happening mate. The game will carry on in its own way. If it dies it dies, if not, best of luck to it
#1 Noob in Agma
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apix 's post:
  • samira
I am not going to start an argument, but Samira has some pretty good points, and I as an regular Agma player (and many others) find this as an issue too
My discord is alexx#7900
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 1 user Likes xRENDEx's post:
  • samira