Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: Other planets?
Should we, humans, colonize/settle other planets?
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 1 user Likes ℱIRE 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
"Tectonic Plates"

You're welcome.
[Image: YEET.png]
The short answer is...yes. Now, can/should we without becoming something other than human is another question.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-21-2016, 09:07 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: Should we, humans, colonize/settle other planets?

It depends- why would we want to leave Earth in the first place?- Probably to explore the wonder of the cosmos, but we should fix the problems we have on Earth before or instead of abandoning it......
*Chrome*
no way, ive seen too much star wars videos

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
(09-21-2016, 09:07 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: Should we, humans, colonize/settle other planets?

No. We don't yet have the necessary technology, and it's too cost-prohibitive to send people into space.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
And then there is the political discussion about everyone who wants to claim 'their' part of said planet.....

My opinion... Yes we should settle other planets. Why not?  We " are"  fixing our own planet and we can still at the same time settle other planets. Our populations are growing. Even if we fix our own planet, eventually we will run out of rocks to stand on.
Lessons we have learned here about our destructive ways  can be  applied on other planets. We have a chance to do things differently.  Maybe there is no different way. So maybe planet hopping is vital for survival of our species. We don't know.  Look around out there. Zillions of planets and rocks . Pick one and check it out. Who know. Maybe we are already there? We started with sticks and stone tools and it's been a  battle to get here. Look at us now. We deserve another rock.

Besides. There might be a planet around, that doesn't have winter  Big Grin
Bullies have personal issues.
yeah bro.

(10-02-2016, 11:07 PM)TM Soloist Wrote: My opinion... Yes we should settle other planets. Why not?  We " are"  fixing our own planet and we can still at the same time settle other planets. Our populations are growing. Even if we fix our own planet, eventually we will run out of rocks to stand on.
Lessons we have learned here about our destructive ways  can be  applied on other planets. We have a chance to do things differently.  Maybe there is no different way. So maybe planet hopping is vital for survival of our species. We don't know.  Look around out there. Zillions of planets and rocks . Pick one and check it out. Who know. Maybe we are already there? We started with sticks and stone tools and it's been a  battle to get here. Look at us now. We deserve another rock.

Besides. There might be a planet around, that doesn't have winter  Big Grin

It's called Mercury, bro. Google it.
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.

Yes of course we should. If there are there reasons why we shouldn't' I would like to know what they are.
(11-16-2016, 01:10 PM)TM Soloist Wrote:

Yes of course we should. If there are there reasons why we shouldn't' I would like to know what they are.

Well, the Earth is one big mess, thanks to us humans, and therefore I don't think we should 'pollute' another planet.

(11-16-2016, 04:17 PM)ℱIRE Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 01:10 PM)TM Soloist Wrote:

Well, the Earth is one big mess, thanks to us humans, and therefore I don't think we should 'pollute' another planet.

You definitely have a point there. I tried to find a different way to look at it.  Yes we have made mistakes along the way. We learn from our mistakes ( although very slowly and intermittently) .  Maybe we wouldn't repeat the same mistake if we had a chance to start over on a new planet?  I think we deserve a chance to try again.
What if we discovered new things on new planets that could help us here on earth?
(09-21-2016, 11:24 PM)Relax Wrote:

I think we should fix our own instead of trashing the galaxy.

Damn, you really put a firm stop to Fire's hopes lol
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

All very interesting points, but I absolutely think that colonising other planets is a good way to go, but we will definitely need the equipment to survive, and as soon as the first people land on mars, I think they should build greenhouses, with heaps of plants (to help supply extra oxygen).

What do you guys think?
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.