Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
introducing
Like most places ( buses,restaurants) I´m usually the oldest person in the room. Not always the most mature but I digress. I retired 4 years ago and have had lots of time to sharpen my agario skills. Have 3 kids, one left in the nest and 7 grandkids. Currently I´m in Medellin choking on the smog. The internet cafe´s are so slow here. I miss my off the grid home already. The air was so clean my wife said I stopped snoring. I can drink the water right out of the stream and no traffic sounds cause the road is a kilometer from my house. Won´t tell you my age but I´m probably older them you.
(03-10-2020, 01:23 PM)Jupiter Wrote: Like most places ( buses,restaurants) I´m usually the oldest person in the room. Not always the most mature but I digress. I retired 4 years ago and have had lots of time to sharpen my agario skills. Have 3 kids, one left in the nest and 7 grandkids. Currently I´m in Medellin choking on the smog. The internet cafe´s are so slow here. I miss my off the grid home already. The air was so clean my wife said I stopped snoring. I can drink the water right out of the stream and no traffic sounds cause the road is a kilometer from my house. Won´t tell you my age but I´m probably older them you.

I have no problem telling you mine... 57. (lol)  And I am happy to no longer have the title of oldest suser on the Forums!  hehehehe!

I have 4 kids of my own, but my oldest is 10, and we'll have to see if I croak before I have any grandchildren of my own!  (lol!)

I live in Toronto, Canada... We're not known for a 'smog' problem. but I can remember going to the Canadian Rockies for 2 weeks... and when I got off the plane coming back, my very first thought was:

What is that terrible smell?!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Jupiter
(03-10-2020, 07:15 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 01:23 PM)Jupiter Wrote: Like most places ( buses,restaurants) I´m usually the oldest person in the room. Not always the most mature but I digress. I retired 4 years ago and have had lots of time to sharpen my agario skills. Have 3 kids, one left in the nest and 7 grandkids. Currently I´m in Medellin choking on the smog. The internet cafe´s are so slow here. I miss my off the grid home already. The air was so clean my wife said I stopped snoring. I can drink the water right out of the stream and no traffic sounds cause the road is a kilometer from my house. Won´t tell you my age but I´m probably older them you.

I have no problem telling you mine... 57. (lol)  And I am happy to no longer have the title of oldest suser on the Forums!  hehehehe!

I have 4 kids of my own, but my oldest is 10, and we'll have to see if I croak before I have any grandchildren of my own!  (lol!)

I live in Toronto, Canada... We're not known for a 'smog' problem. but I can remember going to the Canadian Rockies for 2 weeks... and when I got off the plane coming back, my very first thought was:

What is that terrible smell?!
 I agree Toronto is pretty smoggy especially in the summer time. It is also extremely humid. Here in Medellin it is situated in a valley surrounded by mountains; so the temperature inversion gets pretty extreme. Top that with their ineffecient smog producing buses and a population similar to Toronto. Its so bad right now they have odd and even days for the last number on your license plates for the rush hours. That is why we chose to live about a 3 hour bus ride away. Your oldest is 10, so you had your children in your late 40´s. I gather you are not retired? How do you find the time to play with so manny young ones. I like Toronto Leafs, Bluejays and the championship Raptors. We are practically neighbors as I live in Whitby. I only beat you by one year. I am 58. excellent to know someone who lives in the same area and arround the same age. Do you play ffa like me? and if you do, what name do you usually go by?

Lots of spelling mistakes but you should see the keyboard in this internet café. Most of the letters are worn off. Playing Agario is even more difficult. The computer crashes a lot.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Squirrel
(03-10-2020, 09:01 PM)Jupiter Wrote:  I agree Toronto is pretty smoggy especially in the summer time. It is also extremely humid. Here in Medellin it is situated in a valley surrounded by mountains; so the temperature inversion gets pretty extreme. Top that with their ineffecient smog producing buses and a population similar to Toronto. Its so bad right now they have odd and even days for the last number on your license plates for the rush hours. That is why we chose to live about a 3 hour bus ride away. Your oldest is 10, so you had your children in your late 40´s. I gather you are not retired? How do you find the time to play with so manny young ones. I like Toronto Leafs, Bluejays and the championship Raptors. We are practically neighbors as I live in Whitby. I only beat you by one year. I am 58. excellent to know someone who lives in the same area and arround the same age. Do you play ffa like me? and if you do, what name do you usually go by?

Lots of spelling mistakes but you should see the keyboard in this internet café. Most of the letters are worn off. Playing Agario is even more difficult. The computer crashes a lot.

LOL.. never mind the late 40's my youngest is 3... I'm still in the diaper-zone! He was born when I was 54. But I didn't get to play with them as much before, because for the last 7-10 years I've been working all night shifts, after this other guys body couldn't hack switching between days & nights anymore. And we had an 8-day week, working 4x12 hr shifts, then getting 4 days off. This meant that I work 4 weekends in a row, further reducing play time.

A year ago, it got worse, as my wife asked for a separation. (Good for me, I'm happy to be away from her, but not so good for the kids.)

I doubt that I can ever retire... but in s macabre way, given my history, I do not expect to still be around at 70, so to hell with it, I plan to go out living!

What do you do that has you gallivanting around the world so much? Something in the mining/prospecting realm, maybe???

I have not set foot in agar.io in over 2 years now... I mostly played in agar.io's "Teams" mode, which I enjoyted for the many different roles you could play as a cell for a team, regardless of being big or small. And which role was most effective for your side could change so quickly, it made the game a lot of fun. All of which was spoiled by the onset of 'cross-team teamers'. Two guys would go in, make sure they were on different teams (otherwise they couldn't shoot & kill each other), and then wipe out everything.. totally killed the game.

I have been playing Agma ever since I gave up on that.

I rarely ever set foot in FFA... 90% of the times I was in FFA, I went in by accident. Although towards the end, that happened a bit more frequently. I always used this name, 'Squirrel'.

It's a pleasure to meet you! Yes, you are very close... but I will always live in Toronto (unless the economy/rent pushes me out...). My eyes have been too poor for me to get a license, so I love Toronto for its 24x7 public transit... When you get back, if the idea of a cold beer sounds good to you, let me know! (lol) It's been over 2 decades since I went to a 'meet' of on-line people! (I don't know of any others though, and here/ in agma/agar they are mostly under the legal age for drinking anyways... lol. So maybe 2 doesn't count as a 'meet'.)

When I thought of 'Medellin' my brain was giving me 'danger' signals... but in reading some stuff off Google, if I can believe this, since the Medellin cartel days are over, things are supposedly quitw good there now? I just wonder how stable the country is politically??

If you've already chosen it as a 'retirement home', perhaps your days of regularly being in Canada are done anyways. I would love to hear what's factoring into your decision!

(03-10-2020, 10:48 PM)samira Wrote: ?
Oh nice I just read  the message you wrote me and to sum it up: essentially it’s nothing but an insult.

Not sure what’s the idea behind that... insulting  people that are friendly to you and that you don’t know.

@Squirrel be careful this person is full of hate... He sent me a very long message which contained many insults... apparently people that play agar the way I do are pathetic, kids, unemployed, fat, ugly inside and outside... just to name a few of his insults.

I’d think he knows me from the game but I didn’t play often in NA servers so that’s unlikely.

Ohhhh... I am disappointed.

Perhaps he is just quite stubborn, and is a true solo type player, who sees all that embrace teaming in the game he loved to be evil. He may not realize that you were the same as he, but in your case, competition was a bit more important than your game morals and standards (staying a strictly solo player), and you just "went with the flow" so you could rise back up to your winning ways.

For a guy like him, I could see you getting a double-share of disdain because it's hard enough for a solo player to beat an average 'team' let alone one with a top-notch player on board.

Maybe we can get him to change his mind about you, abase himself, and maybe you can forgive him later?

I hope that's the way it works out!
Fight the Good Fight
(03-11-2020, 10:07 AM)samira Wrote: I had too many debates about teamers in Agar FFA. I don’t see a reason to start another one with someone who has a very distinctive  opinion about that topic.

Didn't mean to offend you. Will choose my words more carefully in the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
O.K. I was over the top when I wrote that I imagine her as fat ugly Turkish women. I have nothing against Turks, I just know that they love this game(they have their own arena and have played on it). I do have a problem with his or her style of play. Really; rolling around as to laugh at you after he or she has taken half your mass or more is a gesture of a poor sport. Rubbing salt in the wound. She deserves my wrath. Enough said!
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(03-11-2020, 10:07 AM)samira Wrote: I had too many debates about teamers in Agar FFA. I don’t see a reason to start another one with someone who has a very distinctive  opinion about that topic.

Why do we have to have a debate about it?

This is about the people involved, more so than the game...

And I'll admit... his reply to you didn't sound a whole lot like an apology. Sad
Fight the Good Fight
Here I am in front of my computer all alone looking out the window enjoying a hot chocolate because I'm cold. The first thing I usually do when I sit in front of my computer after returning from the south is play agario. Not today because I'm sad ☹. I meet two wonderful people on the internet and in the space of a couple weeks I manage to insult and disappoint them and that is not even a record for me. I can really be a ?'es ass sometimes. I just didn't get it. I was more concerned about my opinions being misinterpreted than the people I was hurting with my rants. For this I'm sorry Samira. You've explained that you don't even play in the same arenas as I do and yet I managed to insult you because of your style of play. That is more specifically why I'm so wrong. Squirrel, you were the voice of reason in all this. You tried to smooth things over between Samira and I. After Samira di her part, I just gave a half ass won't do it again didn't mean to hurt you explanation, not an apology at all. You called me on that. Good for you. ???????

(03-02-2020, 10:21 PM)Apix Wrote: You both are rad lads
Is that an old S10 or Gmc Somona in your picture?
Not sad anymore ? Just played agario ffa North America and was not so rusty. I think because my computer is so much better than The Colombian internet Cafe's. Some things are better at home. Not really digging this weather though. Met with the two Doge's. One uses capital letters, the other uses short letters. They have distinct personalities. They are expert maulers. By this I mean they can really irritated you when you are in pieces. They will relentlessly chase you picking up the small pieces on working on the larger pieces. Used to drive me crazy ?. Used to be one of my top enemies til I learned to virus others and let them tear apart the poor victim. It's actually fun to watch. Today I used the cell name Wasn't MeWas and an emoji of a dog. I think they appreciated it. Just wanted to let them know I am back.
Playing the last 2 days. Yesterday remained unnamed. This morning couldn't play on Nrth.Amercn. server for too long, Asians had total control of the top 10. So I played the European server as Mr.Obnoxious. Don't want to partner when I give myself such a name. Took some, lost some.
  • Squirrel
With the coronavirus confining a lot of people, I've plenty of time to play. Mornings I avoid Nrth. Amrca. Cause it's so full of Asians your lucky to get a mass of 200 before they gang up on you. Now tell me that slow teaming doesn't ruin the game. The Asians are not being challenged cause they eat everything that's not asian. They smash through viruses when you try to virus them and then corner you and squash you. Wow what a challenge. Think about that the next time you slow team of how fair that is and how much fun it is for everyone. Maybe that's why you stopped playing agario. Couldn't take always being eaten so I'll play somewhere else and emulate their style. Seems hippocritical to me. I know I won't make too many friends with these statements. I've checked about 100 profiles and found only 1 person such as myself. everyone who has unusually high scores like 25000 or more is a sign that they participated in slow teaming. I guess the argument that everyone slow teams rings true except for the one person out of 100 and myself.
  • @Deletedacc21075026
Their are exceptions to my claim that you can attain a high score without resorting to slow teaming. If I have been playing this game since 2015 and the highest score I've attained is around 16000 without slow teaming then for most people with inordinately high scores have probably slow teamed to receive such a high score. Not you obviously. The fact remains that a lot of ffa agario players slow team. That's O.K., I will never slow team. I might win over a slow team once out of a thousand tries but my victory will be well earned unlike those who choose to go the other route. For them it is a shallow victory.
(03-26-2020, 10:24 AM)samira Wrote: ~some content snipped~
and so slow teaming was invented and people started to use it more and more. I remember how shocked i was when it started... 16x gigantic players would try to eat me and viruses had no effects! That really was a shock for me. And then it got more and more popular... people „invited“ me to team with them. They would give me like 15000 mass to do the slow teaming thing... it’s Hard to resist to such a giftBlush and I hated it to get eaten by the slow teamers again and again without a chance to defend. So I became a slow teamer on my own.

Here are some reasons why people do it:
- it’s easier once your are big enough
- it’s a „Safe“ way to keep being big... with like 20000 mass u need to consume as lot of food to stay big because you lose a lot of mass each second!
- u can be on the leaderboard for a long time
- ur getting all the fame, people see u, remember ur name, many want to team with u
- ofc it’s nice to play in a team
- other teamers will respect u
- It is very effective to level up quickly
- I guess it’s also effective to get good potions

Did they ever go ahead and add a rudimentary chat?

Otherwise, I still don't see how one can really make any friends there.

But I agree with something you said before... A good game is nice. But it is the people I meet that make me want to stay...
Fight the Good Fight
(03-26-2020, 10:24 AM)samira Wrote: AsQ I see. Yeah you are right... with classical solo you couldn’t get 25000 mass. I never had that back in the old days. When u had 10000 u would be the king/queen and consider yourself extremely big. When I play solo nowadays I am glad when I make it to 7000... well it’s possible to get bigger by eating slow teamers but that’s not what I do, i usually try to keep away from them while some of course try to eat them. But that’s not my style.

You know... for me always the social aspect in this game was essential. When I played solo I always tried to play „fair“. If people send me w I wouldn’t eat them. And Never be a traitor to such an agreement.
When teaming started I was very interested... cooperating with others in a team, yes of course I wanted to do that. But people used to be traitors or bad players, they would trigger anti teaming and waste the teams  mass, and agar was so full of people it was hard to make friends because u wouldn’t meet anyone again. And also i was a bad team player. You know... there wasn’t a way to prevent teaming... anti teaming penalty only stopped split running and so slow teaming was invented and people started to use it more and more. I remember how shocked i was when it started... 16x gigantic players would try to eat me and viruses had no effects! That really was a shock for me. And then it got more and more popular... people „invited“ me to team with them. They would give me like 15000 mass to do the slow teaming thing... it’s Hard to resist to such a giftBlush and I hated it to get eaten by the slow teamers again and again without a chance to defend. So I became a slow teamer on my own.

- it’s a „Safe“ way to keep being big... with like 20000 mass u need to consume as lot of food to stay big because you lose a lot of mass each second!
- ur getting all the fame, people see u, remember ur name, many want to team with u

And well another list because why not - this time: the most lame teamint techniques:
- when 16 split virusing smaller opponents - they can’t virus us, they can’t eat u because they are too small, but u virus them. That’s so lame...
- reconnecting: when in a duo team and one has a lot of anti team penalty (losing mass very fast), reconnecting to the server (reloading agar). Different  to when just respawning the anti team penalty will be gone! You then go back to your teammate who has the teams mass and then the teaming can go on
- super big teams: teams with up to 5 players - they can easily avoid anti team penalty and ofcourse they can shoot a lot of viruses on their opponents
- „clustered“ teams: when a large group splits into two or more teams that operate on their own but sometimes fight a mutual enemy. This is mean because the enemy probably doesn’t know they are working together and suddenly is attacked from two sides or from one sees but after they joined forces. Clans often do that.
- friends with all: that’s the most extreme form... if ur Friends with „all“ ... well not with all but with most of the players in the server. I have been on servers where all slow teamers were friends. If someone beats  one team another one would come and beat them and then give mass back to their friends... oh and such „friends with all“ people often complain that it’s too easy because they don’t have serious opponents... crazy!
- Skype / Discord: talking (Voice) which of course is the best way to coordinate a team and makes it more effective
    Wow, it's like your reading my mind and living my experiences. When person writes. Weren't very good and writes almost every experience I've had in this game must be a fierce warrior now. I respect that! To me the. betrayers are on my special list. I'm careful who I put on the list because I've eaten my own partner by accident. Sometimes they forgive other times you'll never know if you're in their list. I can forgive poor partners(the ones that miss more than they hit) to. I've had those times also.
    As for now I keep playing agario Europe in the morning and N.A. afternoon. Need a lot more practice. Been away for awhile. ISufferSoMuch is my name for now Making my new list Exclamation
(03-27-2020, 04:46 PM)Jupiter Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 10:24 AM)samira Wrote: AsQ I see. Yeah you are right... with classical solo you couldn’t get 25000 mass. I never had that back in the old days. When u had 10000 u would be the king/queen and consider yourself extremely big. When I play solo nowadays I am glad when I make it to 7000... well it’s possible to get bigger by eating slow teamers but that’s not what I do, i usually try to keep away from them while some of course try to eat them. But that’s not my style.

You know... for me always the social aspect in this game was essential. When I played solo I always tried to play „fair“. If people send me w I wouldn’t eat them. And Never be a traitor to such an agreement.
When teaming started I was very interested... cooperating with others in a team, yes of course I wanted to do that. But people used to be traitors or bad players, they would trigger anti teaming and waste the teams  mass, and agar was so full of people it was hard to make friends because u wouldn’t meet anyone again. And also i was a bad team player. You know... there wasn’t a way to prevent teaming... anti teaming penalty only stopped split running and so slow teaming was invented and people started to use it more and more. I remember how shocked i was when it started... 16x gigantic players would try to eat me and viruses had no effects! That really was a shock for me. And then it got more and more popular... people „invited“ me to team with them. They would give me like 15000 mass to do the slow teaming thing... it’s Hard to resist to such a giftBlush and I hated it to get eaten by the slow teamers again and again without a chance to defend. So I became a slow teamer on my own.

And well another list because why not - this time: the most lame teamint techniques:
- when 16 split virusing smaller opponents - they can’t virus us, they can’t eat u because they are too small, but u virus them. That’s so lame...
- reconnecting: when in a duo team and one has a lot of anti team penalty (losing mass very fast), reconnecting to the server (reloading agar). Different  to when just respawning the anti team penalty will be gone! You then go back to your teammate who has the teams mass and then the teaming can go on
- super big teams: teams with up to 5 players - they can easily avoid anti team penalty and ofcourse they can shoot a lot of viruses on their opponents
- „clustered“ teams: when a large group splits into two or more teams that operate on their own but sometimes fight a mutual enemy. This is mean because the enemy probably doesn’t know they are working together and suddenly is attacked from two sides or from one sees but after they joined forces. Clans often do that.
- friends with all: that’s the most extreme form... if ur Friends with „all“ ... well not with all but with most of the players in the server. I have been on servers where all slow teamers were friends. If someone beats  one team another one would come and beat them and then give mass back to their friends... oh and such „friends with all“ people often complain that it’s too easy because they don’t have serious opponents... crazy!
- Skype / Discord: talking (Voice) which of course is the best way to coordinate a team and makes it more effective
    Wow, it's like your reading my mind and living my experiences. When person writes. Weren't very good and writes almost every experience I've had in this game must be a fierce warrior now. I respect that! To me the. betrayers are on my special list. I'm careful who I put on the list because I've eaten my own partner by accident. Sometimes they forgive other times you'll never know if you're in their list. I can forgive poor partners(the ones that miss more than they hit) to. I've had those times also.
    As for now I keep playing agario Europe in the morning and N.A. afternoon. Need a lot more practice. Been away for awhile. ISufferSoMuch is my name for now Making my new list Exclamation
   Been stuck at home because of the coronavirus. Speaking of viruses I love virusing people in the game, especially those that have wronged me. Revenge is a weakness of mine. I try to avoid following someone who I think deserves a good virusing cause it makes the act of revenge that much harder when one knows they are being followed. Can't help it sometimes. More times than not I will get eaten by someone else because I'm too focused on revenge and not my preservation. Worse is when I go to virus that special someone, I've built up my mass to about 150 ( just enough to virus someone) and miss one of my shots and end up one w short of virusing him. Worse than that I end up missing him altogether cause the window of opportunity is very small when setting up someone to virus if they are aware you are trying to virus them. Even worse than that is when they counter attack while your shooting W's in the virus and with their one shot they virus you. The absolute worse is when you don't time your virus launch right and run into the virus yourself ( how humiliating) .Even after virusing someone he can virus you back because the virus is more than half loaded for another shot. Many things can go wrong when you seek out vengeance, but it is so sweet when you carry out your objective especially when he tries to virus you back and he keeps missing or exposes himself for an easy capture. For me launching viruses is a big part of the game. If you want respect from people who won't give you respect, eat them and hit them with viruses enough times and they will start to treat you differently. Takes a lot of practice to be accurate at virus launching, you will need to work the angles out when you are divided in two or more and launching viruses ( you launch viruses a lot quicker when you are divided in two or more). And watch out for the slow teams,avoid launching viruses at 16x monstrosities ( when huge masses are going towards a virus without looking worried it is probably one of those16x monstrosities) don't launch a virus at it. We all know what happens.
  • @Deletedacc21075026