Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "Setting" for power-up/ability keys to be disabled.
Hello to all!

This idea was presented in the #general chat of our Discord server the other day by @ZKULLX (Chillyday), and he wanted me to post it here:

ChillyDay Wrote:ChillyToday at 10:33 PM
i would like to see option in agma where you can disable power even tho if you have it,..
Basically if i have 30 packs when i click on the a button it disables it so even tho i
press the keys for powers ups like if i am using rec with the Key K when i disable it,
and press on the key it has no respond!

I think that this is a great idea, since I am always clicking on things I didn't want to, sometimes trying to type something in chat, but my cursor isn't in the chat box, and I end up using powerups that I didn't want to, as well as abilities.

It would be an easy matter to have this as an option in the game 'settings'. And you could have the purchasing of a power-up pack to automatically turn off the flag. Butter-finger players like myself can easily remember to toggle it, if that's what we want.

Hey @Samira, is that an option you could add to your script? I'm not sure about that, whether an extension could "validate" all keyboard data, before it is passed through and processed by the game itself.

I would suggest the normal default for this value would be 'off', since most people probably don't misclick that much, and want to be able to use their powerups.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, xRENDEx
This is a brilliant idea! It has happened to me soooo many times
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 1 user Likes xRENDEx's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
Agreed @samira is this something you could do? if not know anyone willing to give a helping hand with it?
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shade1453's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
This is a great idea! I don't like using powers very much and only use them on special occasions (when defending myself against power abusers). The W, E, and S keys are too close to each other and I had to change recombine to P because it just became too unbearable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(01-31-2020, 01:49 AM)samira Wrote: @Shade1453 @Squirrel I can do it if I can hook in before Agma processes the “key pressed” events for the powerups! It is more likely than unlikely. I will test it tomorrow (hopefully).

Give it a try and I'd be more than willing to test it out once it's done Smile
(01-31-2020, 01:49 AM)samira Wrote: @Shade1453 @Squirrel I can do it if I can hook in before Agma processes the “key pressed” events for the powerups! It is more likely than unlikely. I will test it tomorrow (hopefully).

What if you have it turned off but then you suddenly want it back on? Would there be a convenient way to do this? Blush
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(01-31-2020, 04:55 PM)samira Wrote: Idea 1: hotkey to turn it on and off
Idea 2: press the powerup key in combination with another key such as shift, control, or alt to override the lock

You could even employ both of these ideas!

I think they're both great!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(01-31-2020, 07:11 PM)samira Wrote: True. Smile Maybe I will!

Can't wait till this is finished
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
let's be honest here, you can just set it to a key you'll never use but there's a small chance that your finger can slip to, well i dunno. the home button? so this would be better as it would completely negate any chances of powers being used.
DADADADADADADADADADA-
(01-31-2020, 09:04 PM)resand. Wrote: let's be honest here, you can just set it to a key you'll never use but there's a small chance that your finger can slip to, well i dunno. the home button? so this would be better as it would completely negate any chances of powers being used.

That's true, but it can be difficult to adjust to a new key. For most people, the default E and S keys are muscle memory and they would have to completely relearn the keys.
  • @Deletedacc21075026
Wonderful!

As i have next to no idea how you pull any of this off let me know when it's done so i could trial it Tongue

Kind regards,
Artemis/Shade
I've actually had this idea saved up for a while now, but I'm glad that another person thinks alike. I don't understand why if you remove and keybind from a powerup it still is activated even if there is no key set. The only way currently to make this idea somewhat work is to like someone else said is to assign it to an unused button.

I think using multifeed as an example, clicking v activates it. We should have a key to turn powers on or off. If you accidently use a powerup while powers are turned off then there should be a message like "powers are turned off" or something.