Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Friendlist "Contact Names"
Many people's usernames are drastically different from their in-game names. Because of this, I do not recognize the majority of the people in my friendlist. My idea is that players could create custom "contact names" for their friends to help them remember who they are. The contact name would default to the name they were using at the time when they added you. If you still do not recognize the name, it could show that player's skin next to the name (like a profile picture).

For example, if I send you a friend request, it would show up as "DoctorFinkle (Finky)". Since more people know me as Finky, they would know it is me. If they want to change their contact name for me, they could change it to "Mr. Fink" so that I would show up as "DoctorFinkle (Mr. Fink)".
[-] The following 4 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Démone, Squirrel , xRENDEx
(02-14-2020, 08:56 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: Many people's usernames are drastically different from their in-game names. Because of this, I do not recognize the majority of the people in my friendlist. My idea is that players could create custom "contact names" for their friends to help them remember who they are. The contact name would default to the name they were using at the time when they added you. If you still do not recognize the name, it could show that player's skin next to the name (like a profile picture).

For example, if I send you a friend request, it would show up as "DoctorFinkle (Finky)". Since more people know me as Finky, they would know it is me. If they want to change their contact name for me, they could change it to "Mr. Fink" so that I would show up as "DoctorFinkle (Mr. Fink)".

Brilliant idea, it has happened to me multiple times and I know exactly how you feel. I really like this idea and this is something @Sora should look into for sure!
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
(02-14-2020, 08:56 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: Many people's usernames are drastically different from their in-game names. Because of this, I do not recognize the majority of the people in my friendlist. My idea is that players could create custom "contact names" for their friends to help them remember who they are. The contact name would default to the name they were using at the time when they added you. If you still do not recognize the name, it could show that player's skin next to the name (like a profile picture).

I concur with xRENDEx!

I have a hard time reading the chat when playing, so my eyes kind of tune it out... but when I get around to looking at who has tried friending me, I usually give up, because I don't know who the names are.

I just wonder what the people who don't really know you will put there. If they pretend to be someone else, you could have a hard time knowing for sue, that they are who they say they are!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
That would be good, I had made a similar suggestion on the agma discord server a year ago to have a note field beside the agma id in the friend list so we could put the name of the person as we know them but they deleted that channel.
[Image: Lightsig.png]
(02-15-2020, 08:44 PM)Light* Wrote: That would be good, I had made a similar suggestion on the agma discord server a year ago to have a note field beside the agma id in the friend list so we could put the name of the person as we know them but they deleted that channel.

Yes, your ideas are always better made here! In Discord it's pretty hard to find anything, and impossible to find, when you're not quite sure what you're even looking for!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Absolutely, I need to start working my noggin and coming up with some better ideas again smh.

But... maybe not yet... sora's a tad busy or so i've heard.

Kind regards,
Artemis/Shade
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]