Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new game mode
I have a idea where there is a gamemode by yourself so basicly its a private agario server so like there is a button it says private server when you click it you get put in a lobby by yourself
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flamingskull's post:
  • Squirrel
? would there be added challenges? smart bots? or just a room to take screenshots of yourself all big?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Wouldn't this require a lot of extra servers that would have to be online 24/7 ready to be used? Servers a'int free...
[Image: YEET.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like YEET's post:
  • Relax , run SPOT run , Squirrel , Voakie , ℱIRE
there is one where you can play solo (bots optional) called agarserv where you can invite ppl if you want

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
(09-18-2016, 11:10 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: ? would there be added challenges? smart bots? or just a room to take screenshots of yourself all big?

yes it would basically be a room to yourself
(09-18-2016, 11:07 PM)Flamingskull Wrote: I have a idea where there is a gamemode by yourself so basicly its a private agario server so like there is a button it says private server when you click it you get put in a lobby by yourself

I actually really like that idea... with one more important addition -- a process whereby you create a "link" to your server, and then can invite specific people to your game.

This way, you could play amongst your peers and friends... and likely have a lot more fun, than you would playing against random people.

It would be the gateway to contests, challenges, and so on... all with nothing but people whom you like!

(09-19-2016, 12:16 AM)YEET Wrote: Wouldn't this require a lot of extra servers that would have to be online 24/7 ready to be used? Servers a'int free...

Ostensibly, servers pay for themselves by the ad spots that they show between games. But I think you might be required to pay a small sum to start.

All this does, is spawn a new 'server' -- it wwould likely not be an entire different server, but just a different game, running the same application as all the others, and probably in it's own 'container' for security/protection purposes.

You wouldn't need to spawn a new game, until someone paid for ity/. It would actually.. (lol) ... be more of a challenge to make sure that it all got cleaned up! So perhaps, the person who paid for the game to begin needs to stay playing, and when that person poofs, cleanup is engaged, and the remaining players are unceremoniously turfed. :|

I think it could work!

(And this sort of thing, is perfectly suited to cloud hosting, which I think, is what they're already using anyhow.)

(09-19-2016, 01:02 PM)Breakfast Wrote: there is one where you can play solo (bots optional) called agarserv where you can invite ppl if you want

I would think that bots would not be permitted. Bots do not watch ads. So... if you wanted bots, you would have to opt to pay-per-resource, rather than just a small charge to spawn the server.

(You would quickly learn that bots add a lot of work for the server, eat up resources, and make your game expensive... and quickly tire of the novelty, before it left you penniless. lol)

(09-18-2016, 11:10 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: ? would there be added challenges? smart bots? or just a room to take screenshots of yourself all big?

Arr, arr, you da funny boi!

Nuke the bots. But challenges sounds interesting...

Hmm.

What about a 'capture the flag' variant of the game?? that sounds like fun. (Probably a lot of work, too. lol)

I'm sure others could come up with some challenges as well. Those would have to be pre-programmed, and could be selected by the creator of the game (since they are the one paying).
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Breakfast
I just wrote out a long post about capture the flag and how you could have opposing "secret rooms" to spawn in for the teams, and it got lost somehow, so this is all you get. Nice.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel