Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reduce Use of Mouse When Chatting
Chatting during gameplay can be quite difficult, especially when it involves using your mouse. Below are some ideas that may eliminate unnecessary amounts of agony:

1. Switching Between Chats

I have been in several parties and private chats recently, and quickly replying to everyone can be a pain. I have to wait until I am in a safe area on the map so I do not feed myself to other players when switching to a different chat. Because of this, people start to feel ignored. I think this problem could be solved with hotkeys. Press 1 for public, 2 for party, and 3+ for private chats. Also, if you want to reply to a chat without switching, you could type /1, /2, etc. before your message. That way, you can make a quick reply to someone and still stay in the public chat. I know you can type /pm followed by a username to send a private message to a specific user, but this would save a lot more time.

2. Emojis

We have all been in that situation where we need to find that perfect emoji, so we risk our mass frantically trying to hunt it down in the emojis list. Your only other option is to type out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: manually, and no one wants to do that! ? I think a good solution would be having the option to rearrange the emojis list as well as the option to rename emojis. That way, instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the emojis list to find :rofl:, it is right there on the top for you, and instead of having to type out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, you can just rename it to :silly:.

3. Right-Click Menu

I know this does not exactly qualify as chatting, but I still wanted to say this because it involves using the mouse. Nothing is worse than accidentally killing yourself countless times trying to invite someone to a party, just to find that they are already in one! Of course, the use of the mouse in this case cannot be eliminated completely, but it could still be greatly reduced. The only mouse work that should be involved is right-clicking the player, but then the options in the menu should be able to be selected with hotkeys. Press 1 to invite player to party, 2 to add as friend, etc. Also, colored borders around cells that are already in a party would save a lot of time.

4. Accept/Decline Party Invites

Once again, this is not really related to chatting, but I feel like this last bit should be said. Nothing is more annoying than that one player who relentless invites you to their party, especially when trying to join someone else's party. We all get sick of constantly clicking decline as it distracts you from gameplay, so having hotkeys to accept/decline party invites would be much appreciated!!

Thank you for reading my post! I would love to hear your input! :P
[-] The following 3 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Sora, Squirrel
(01-03-2020, 10:21 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: Chatting during gameplay can be quite difficult, especially when it involves using your mouse. Below are some ideas that may eliminate unnecessary amounts of agony:

1. Switching Between Chats

I have been in several parties and private chats recently, and quickly replying to everyone can be a pain. I have to wait until I am in a safe area on the map so I do not feed myself to other players when switching to a different chat. Because of this, people start to feel ignored. I think this problem could be solved with hotkeys. Press 1 for public, 2 for party, and 3+ for private chats. Also, if you want to reply to a chat without switching, you could type /1, /2, etc. before your message. That way, you can make a quick reply to someone and still stay in the public chat. I know you can type /pm followed by a username to send a private message to a specific user, but this would save a lot more time.

2. Emojis

We have all been in that situation where we need to find that perfect emoji, so we risk our mass frantically trying to hunt it down in the emojis list. Your only other option is to type out Confusedtuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: manually, and no one wants to do that! ? I think a good solution would be having the option to rearrange the emojis list as well as the option to rename emojis. That way, instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the emojis list to find :rofl:, it is right there on the top for you, and instead of having to type out Confusedtuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, you can just rename it to Confusedilly:.

3. Right-Click Menu

I know this does not exactly qualify as chatting, but I still wanted to say this because it involves using the mouse. Nothing is worse than accidentally killing yourself countless times trying to invite someone to a party, just to find that they are already in one! Of course, the use of the mouse in this case cannot be eliminated completely, but it could still be greatly reduced. The only mouse work that should be involved is right-clicking the player, but then the options in the menu should be able to be selected with hotkeys. Press 1 to invite player to party, 2 to add as friend, etc. Also, colored borders around cells that are already in a party would save a lot of time.

4. Accept/Decline Party Invites

Once again, this is not really related to chatting, but I feel like this last bit should be said. Nothing is more annoying than that one player who relentless invites you to their party, especially when trying to join someone else's party. We all get sick of constantly clicking decline as it distracts you from gameplay, so having hotkeys to accept/decline party invites would be much appreciated!!

Thank you for reading my post! I would love to hear your input! Tongue

You have some quality ideas in here, and I think that some of them might be appropriate for a certain person's browser extension she's been doing!

( @samira, maybe you'll look these over?)

Big Grin

If Sora wants to incorporate them into the game itself, obviously that's even better... but he always has some pressing stuff to be working on!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
I agree, for gold member's we can generally press "f" and then type but i think for non gold's that's slightly harder. there is ofc the "c" button though that can work the same.
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shade1453's post:
  • Supergirl