Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Create Your Own Server
There should be feature in agma.io to create your own server! You could change speed, join time, max cells, virus mechanics, mass of pellets, w-cells, viruses, etc. and invite friends to play! There could even be a vote and the winner's server could be featured for a week. I think this would be a fun way to experiment with different physics in Agma and combine different elements from other servers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(12-14-2019, 09:21 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: There should be feature in agma.io to create your own server! You could change speed, join time, max cells, virus mechanics, mass of pellets, w-cells, viruses, etc. and invite friends to play! There could even be a vote and the winner's server could be featured for a week. I think this would be a fun way to experiment with different physics in Agma and combine different elements from other servers.

I think this idea is doable, but I would suspect that this option would come with requirements as well -- ie: that someone has to pay for the virtual server resources that it uses. I would suggest that such an idea would be a pay-only server, and that the person who creates it must foot a set fee for it's setup/initiation, and then all players in it be required to pay x Coins per hour to stay there. (A number to be determined by Sora so he can be reasonably sure that the server at least 'breaks even'.)

Without that, everyone will create their own server, then sit in there farming, playing by themselves... and that hardly sounds like a fun game anymore.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, Sora
(12-15-2019, 03:27 AM)samira Wrote: It would be funny but probably is not realistic. Confused

What do you mean?

(12-15-2019, 04:21 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 09:21 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: There should be feature in agma.io to create your own server! You could change speed, join time, max cells, virus mechanics, mass of pellets, w-cells, viruses, etc. and invite friends to play! There could even be a vote and the winner's server could be featured for a week. I think this would be a fun way to experiment with different physics in Agma and combine different elements from other servers.

I think this idea is doable, but I would suspect that this option would come with requirements as well -- ie: that someone has to pay for the virtual server resources that it uses. I would suggest that such an idea would be a pay-only server, and that the person who creates it must foot a set fee for it's setup/initiation, and then all players in it be required to pay x Coins per hour to stay there. (A number to be determined by Sora so he can be reasonably sure that the server at least 'breaks even'.)

Without that, everyone will create their own server, then sit in there farming, playing by themselves... and that hardly sounds like a fun game anymore.

This is a good point I never thought about that. sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(12-15-2019, 09:33 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 03:27 AM)samira Wrote: It would be funny but probably is not realistic. Confused

What do you mean?

(12-15-2019, 04:21 AM)Squirrel Wrote:

This is a good point I never thought about that. sad

There are a number of people who enjoy Agma to the point of spending a considerable amount of money on it, and I have no doubt that some of them would indeed be willing to set up a personal arena for a challenge of theirs, or perhaps a clan war, and so on. Lots of ideas are possible.

Some pay-to-win people might use one to get ahead in the leaderboard, farming with only themselves and a few freiends... who knows.

But as long as the server is paying for the resources it uses, I see no reason for it to not be implemented, and it would allow people a huge amount of new options of how or why to play. If it does well, I bet that Sora could also allow the creator of a pay server to also create their own favourite style of server, by possibly giving them access to the types of mechanics, and variables so they could create an environment that would foster the idea they have for that server.

Perhaps, to give people more of a chance to play in such servers, even if they themselves don't have the coins to, they could be 'sponsored' to play by another player... and that player would pay for their coins-per-usage. Where there is a great idea, there are always ways to make them happen!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
(12-16-2019, 05:19 AM)Squirrel Wrote: There are a number of people who enjoy Agma to the point of spending a considerable amount of money on it, and I have no doubt that some of them would indeed be willing to set up a personal arena for a challenge of theirs, or perhaps a clan war, and so on. Lots of ideas are possible.

Some pay-to-win people might use one to get ahead in the leaderboard, farming with only themselves and a few freiends... who knows.

But as long as the server is paying for the resources it uses, I see no reason for it to not be implemented, and it would allow people a huge amount of new options of how or why to play. If it does well, I bet that Sora could also allow the creator of a pay server to also create their own favourite style of server, by possibly giving them access to the types of mechanics, and variables so they could create an environment that would foster the idea they have for that server.

Perhaps, to give people more of a chance to play in such servers, even if they themselves don't have the coins to, they could be 'sponsored' to play by another player... and that player would pay for their coins-per-usage. Where there is a great idea, there are always ways to make them happen!

Squirrel, I like the way you think!  Wink Idea
Exclamation 

Yes... but its much work and is kinda gonna kill agma online servers... bc if everyone is gonna create a private server by means there wil be no one on the public servers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trigon's post:
  • Supergirl
Alot of people would buy these servers, some for clan wars but some would also use these to find possible glitches and like Trigon said, it would make the public servers more empty
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 2 users Like xRENDEx's post:
  • Squirrel , Supergirl
(12-17-2019, 05:51 PM)xRENDEx Wrote: Alot of people would buy these servers, some for clan wars but some would also use these to find possible glitches and like Trigon said, it would make the public servers more empty

So long as people are willing to pay for these private servers, so that Sora doesn't lose all of his shirts paying for them himself, I see no reason for him to object!

As you said, I think that clan leaders, and our seasoned veterans could come up with all kinds of cool and fun "challenges", or tournament-style servers that would add heaps of fun.

I'm just wondering how many people would be on-board once they see what they need to pay for one, so that the players are happy, and not screaming about lag, and Sora's costs are covered.

Maybe we should see if @Sora could give us a ballpark figure on how much it would take to "make this happen", and then he can gauge the amount of positive interest from people willing to do it??
Fight the Good Fight
(12-17-2019, 05:13 PM)Trigon Wrote:

Yes... but its much work and is kinda gonna kill agma online servers... bc if everyone is gonna create a private server by means there wil be no one on the public servers.

I have also thought about this. I don't really know how popular it would be but it can't be too popular.

(12-19-2019, 02:45 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 05:51 PM)xRENDEx Wrote: Alot of people would buy these servers, some for clan wars but some would also use these to find possible glitches and like Trigon said, it would make the public servers more empty

So long as people are willing to pay for these private servers, so that Sora doesn't lose all of his shirts paying for them himself, I see no reason for him to object!

As you said, I think that clan leaders, and our seasoned veterans could come up with all kinds of cool and fun "challenges", or tournament-style servers that would add heaps of fun.

I'm just wondering how many people would be on-board once they see what they need to pay for one, so that the players are happy, and not screaming about lag, and Sora's costs are covered.

Maybe we should see if @Sora could give us a ballpark figure on how much it would take to "make this happen", and then he can gauge the amount of positive interest from people willing to do it??
What I am thinking is that people could design their servers on an offline editor. When they want to test it, they could test it alone offline (I do not imagine this using resources, I could be wrong). When they are ready to test it in action, they could invite ONE other player to test it. If they think it is good enough, they could book a playing time. There would be a maximum number of active servers each with a maximum capacity. Depending on how popular this gets, @Sora could increase these limits.
[-] The following 2 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, xRENDEx
(12-19-2019, 09:45 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: What I am thinking is that people could design their servers on an offline editor. When they want to test it, they could test it alone offline (I do not imagine this using resources, I could be wrong). When they are ready to test it in action, they could invite ONE other player to test it. If they think it is good enough, they could book a playing time. There would be a maximum number of active servers each with a maximum capacity. Depending on how popular this gets, @Sora could increase these limits.

I doubt that we would see that. It sounds like too much extra work for Sora. The person who initiates a new server would have to quickly test it themselves -- it would already be a private virtual server, complete with specific link that allows players access to it.

You would likely give the initator/'owner' of the private server an additional command '/reset' to reset the server back to defaults, and perhaps also '/redesign' where the initator would go through the variable choices again, so they could correct anything that they didn't like about their creted world.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • DoctorFinkle