Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Option to remove shouts.
As we all know, there's something in Agma.io known as shouts. They are messages that cost 24,000 coins and send a message in the top right corner of someones screen. Sometimes these get annoying to me as I have to move my mouse to click on them to hide them, to me this disrupts my gameplay and experience as I could be in a fight and have to move my cursor to hide the shout. I have (I don't know the name, I think its ADHD which I have but whatever the name is, it's an attention disorder.) and I bet more players in Agma.io also have (whatever it's called) and I would appriciate like an option to hide shouts so me (and maybe other players) can play and not get slightly annoyed.

Thanks, Abolo.

(I'm using Abolo because that's my username and I can't change it on the forums AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH)
GOTTA POST POST POST
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beaver's post:
  • Squirrel
I don't think they can implement this as the 24,000 is so that everyone sees it people have to get what they pay for.
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shade1453's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-16-2019, 08:16 PM)Beaver Wrote: As we all know, there's something in Agma.io known as shouts. They are messages that cost 24,000 coins and send a message in the top right corner of someones screen. Sometimes these get annoying to me as I have to move my mouse to click on them to hide them, to me this disrupts my gameplay and experience as I could be in a fight and have to move my cursor to hide the shout. I have (I don't know the name, I think its ADHD which I have but whatever the name is, it's an attention disorder.) and I bet more players in Agma.io also have (whatever it's called) and I would appriciate like an option to hide shouts so me (and maybe other players) can play and not get slightly annoyed.

Thanks, Abolo.

(I'm using Abolo because that's my username and I can't change it on the forums AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH)

I think your idea is reasnable, but Shade is also correct. If that option exists, I dare say that a lot of people will turn it on, and pretty soon, people will realize that it's pointless to buy a 'shout' since most players would have the option off, and not see it.

Now, the developers could try a work-around, and, for example, have all the shout-outs you missed appear on screen the next time you die, before it lets you watch a featured video....

But really, all you have to do is train your eye to ignore them, if you think it disturbs you that much. They do not really encroach on the game window, it just covers much of the leaderboard for a short time.

Rather than spend time and resources on that, if it were me, I would just leave it as it is now, and tell you "mind over matter!"
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sora
Okay, thanks.
GOTTA POST POST POST
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beaver's post:
  • Pajoli
(08-17-2019, 06:19 AM)Squirrel Wrote: I think your idea is reasnable, but Shade is also correct. If that option exists, I dare say that a lot of people will turn it on, and pretty soon, people will realize that it's pointless to buy a 'shout' since most players would have the option off, and not see it.
If this is the case, shoutouts should just be removed altogether as they only serve as an annoyance. Shoutouts are already a waste of coins because no one really cares.
(11-13-2019, 07:46 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: If this is the case, shoutouts should just be removed altogether as they only serve as an annoyance. Shoutouts are already a waste of coins because no one really cares.

It may be your perception that no-one really cares, but the people who have built a clan around regular shouts might disagree with you. The YouTuber's who announce their latest video, and get 500 views in a frighteningly short period of time might also disagree with you. (lol)

I like my solution the best -- I have trained my eyes to not care what's in the top-right corner of the screen. lol
Fight the Good Fight
(11-13-2019, 09:00 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 07:46 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: If this is the case, shoutouts should just be removed altogether as they only serve as an annoyance. Shoutouts are already a waste of coins because no one really cares.

It may be your perception that no-one really cares, but the people who have built a clan around regular shouts might disagree with you. The YouTuber's who announce their latest video, and get 500 views in a frighteningly short period of time might also disagree with you. (lol)

I like my solution the best -- I have trained my eyes to not care what's in the top-right corner of the screen. lol

Either way, those who care will read it and those who don't won't. Hiding shoutouts will not make them more or less a waste of coins because those who hide it did not care in the first place.
(11-13-2019, 09:25 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: Either way, those who care will read it and those who don't won't. Hiding shoutouts will not make them more or less a waste of coins because those who hide it did not care in the first place.

Now that is a valid point!

But I guess it kind of cuts out the ability for the author of a shout to "sell" their objective.

Who knows... maybe Sora would give us your option?? If he does, I would use it -- one less rule my eyes wouldn't have to follow while sending stuff to my brain! lol
Fight the Good Fight