Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern Christmas Tree
There are a few web stores that offer original ~snipped URL~ Christmas Tree Candles and traditional Christmas Tree Candle Holders from Germany. Find the web store you want to use and order early to avoid a last-minute rush. I know from experience that some people go empty-handed because they wait too long to place their order and the stock sells out.

~snipped URL~
(12-07-2019, 10:25 AM)Modernpro32 Wrote: There are a few web stores that offer original ~snipped URL~ Christmas Tree Candles and traditional Christmas Tree Candle Holders from Germany. Find the web store you want to use and order early to avoid a last-minute rush. I know from experience that some people go empty-handed because they wait too long to place their order and the stock sells out.

~snipped URL~

Hah, you foolish bot!  

I found this message funny, and an excuse to poke fun at Germans... (@Samira Dis means you! lolol[/i))

[i]Are the Germans finally trying to reduce the # of fires that they set, using their own Christmas trees?!

Maybe it shows that Germans like to be 'purists', remembering their past, and how things were done.

Obviously, before there were lightbulbs, the way to get a lit Christmas tree was, indeed, to use candles!

But how many German homes have been destroyed by Christmas tree accidents?!

It's funny, because the first Christmas my mom spent here in Canada, her parents sent her a present.... It was a 6 to 8 inch high fake Christmas tree! And sure enough, it had real candles all over it!!  I still have it, although it's trapped in my old home, and eventually I'll have to get rid of it.

So seeing the title, "Modern Christmas Tree" I had a new funny image pop into my head, thanks to North American madness using TV channels. (Or maybe this is everywhere??)

My mind jumped to the "fireplace channel(s)" that Cable TV services have, that provide you with an endless loop of a fireplace with wood burning in it, complete with the crackling noises...

So now you can guess the image in my mind:

The Modern Christmas Tree, a picture of a Christmas tree, completely decked out with candles, each one with a flickering flame... ever-so-slowly burning the wicks down...

And if it were me, I would have something like a window with curtains behind it, and eventually have it set the house on fire, burning drapes, maybe add a few humans screaming, and the last thing you see is a fireman and his hose...

Big Grin LOL

Okay, I'm done teasing the Germans now![/i]
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Sora
(12-07-2019, 07:51 PM)samira Wrote: Lol. Well nowaday we Germans don't use real candles any more so I don't think your teazing was effectinve. Tongue

So do you already have the 'Modern Christmas Tree' TV channel?? Wink Smile Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(12-08-2019, 01:26 PM)samira Wrote: Not yet, that's a great business idea for you to realize though.

I once tried the chimney fire from netflix. It's just a burning chimney fire Big Grin With the typical sounds. But not making the TV producing more heat than usual. That was not that convincing.
Here, I think this it is: https://www.netflix.com/de/title/80092835

( By the way, have I told you that I hopefully will move to a(nother) apartment soon (soon-ish)? And it will have a real chimney Big Grin Big Grin )

That sounds awesome! But it begs another important question. Have you ever been described as a pyromaniac?!

Hopefully not! Big Grin

I'm guessing that the new one, you won't be sharing with anyone?

As for the Christmas Tree channel being a business opportunity... maybe.  There are so many people who feel lonely around Christmas time because their own families are in tatters, or their current family consists of exactly one -- themselves.

So maybe hire some "reality TV" stars, and make a 24x7 channel with a fake fill-in family for viewers... And you could make it into an international model, so you could do different things as per the Christmas customs in certain countries!

Alas, "Christmas" is just one day, plus the lead-in to it, and you can't make a viable business from that.

No, instead, I think I will wait and see if I can create an interdimensional "hole" that the earth can then dump excess carbon into, and we could start to make real headway into this "climate change" problem. I could charge a pretty fee for dumping the carbon, and it could be a get-rich-quick scheme for me!

(What do you think?? lol)
Fight the Good Fight