Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bringing back Original AGF Petition
(10-20-2019, 08:06 AM)Squirrel Wrote: The original AGF was a stand-alone server that likely had more resources than what we were aware of, and likely it was that, that made AGF a spectacular crowd-pleaser.

But Sora wasn't happy with just that -- he must have had a vision of Agma even then, with people gravitating towards separate variants of the same game, each person finding their own variant that they appreciated the most!

I do recall cries of the AGF Beta testers even then, to maintain something closer to the original, and I'll remind you that thus was born the  'agarioforums.io' variant, which... yes, was not exactly the same, but everyone agreed that it was the closest of the variants to AGF, and is also later why Sora changed it's name to 'AGF'.

I think we have to respect Sora's decisions, for he has to deal with countless issues from the programming and operations side of things, that we know nothing about. He provided us with this game, and no-one is more qualified than him to understand the inner workings of things.

For me, I am happy to have the game to play at all, and happy that there is still the 'AGF' server to play in, to remind me of the days that Karla cajoled me into essentially watching her destroy a bunch of boys. (I must say, I enjoyed it. lol)

If I were wealthy, and one of those storied first AGF Beta testers, I might be telling him to set it up, to not worry about it, and that I would eat the costs. Of course, I don't have a fairy-book life though, and likely none of the Beta testers have that sort of life either.

Let's be thankful for what we have, and have fun. Smile

There IS a part of that, that Sora was not responsible for. The community as a whole, the sum of all those individual characters, each with their own positive qualities, their quirks and flaws -- that was us. WE did it!  We made a community together!

We need to be thankful to Sora, for without him, it couldn't have happened.

And likewise, I'm sure that Sora is thankful for us, because without us, Agma would not have become the success that it is.

Great post Squirrel!!

I would like to see this Karla so i could sauce her up like i do to everyone else too.

If Sora could beat me in agf, i would be more likely to agree with you that "he" knows the game better than anyone else.  But that is not the case.  I am Extremely thankful that Sora is an excellent programmer.  I also agree that Sora knows the definitions of the game better than anyone.  However he/she is the creator of the game and does not PLAY to the extent some of us do.  The players are the ones who really know and have tested the dynamics of the definitions Sora has made.

In this case, i stand by my word that Sora is making a huge mistake deleting agf.  It was the heart of agma and Sora ripped it out.

We all know I preffer the mechanics of agf.  I also know Demone and Munchie prefer agf.  I am fairly sure Coffee Time and Light both prefer the mechanics of agf.  I am positive ioioioio prefers the mechanics of agf.  Friend is on the fence... but if you gave friend the opportunitiy to play and be reminded of the beauty agf was..  I am POSITIVE he would also say he prefers agf.  

Agf was like the lamborghini or ferrari of agar.io type games.  While agf solo is like some used, discount compact car you got on sale, with questionable stains in the back seat.  

Can we PLEASE, PLEASE test the success of a power free, mirror copy of agf ?!?

How about a 1 month trial period?  To see how it does.  My interest is to make the greatest game possible!
Please do not talk for me or other people if you did not ask them what they prefer and I know for a fact that you did not ask me...
[Image: Lightsig.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Light*'s post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Démone
(10-20-2019, 04:37 PM)Mindless Wrote: If Sora could beat me in agf, i would be more likely to agree with you that "he" knows the game better than anyone else.  But that is not the case.  I am Extremely thankful that Sora is an excellent programmer.  I also agree that Sora knows the definitions of the game better than anyone.  However he/she is the creator of the game and does not PLAY to the extent some of us do.  The players are the ones who really know and have tested the dynamics of the definitions Sora has made.

In this case, i stand by my word that Sora is making a huge mistake deleting agf.  It was the heart of agma and Sora ripped it out.

We all know I preffer the mechanics of agf.  I also know Demone and Munchie prefer agf.  I am fairly sure Coffee Time and Light both prefer the mechanics of agf.  I am positive ioioioio prefers the mechanics of agf.  Friend is on the fence... but if you gave friend the opportunitiy to play and be reminded of the beauty agf was..  I am POSITIVE he would also say he prefers agf.  

Agf was like the lamborghini or ferrari of agar.io type games.  While agf solo is like some used, discount compact car you got on sale, with questionable stains in the back seat.  

How about a 1 month trial period?  To see how it does.  My interest is to make the greatest game possible!

The mechanics of the game matter mostly to the players. In that regard, Sora doesn't have to have the most experience in playing, so much as he needs a trusted core of testers, whom he knows play the game capably, and he can compare opinions of players with different styles, and then still make the best choices for his game.

A part of my post was intended to say that I think it is a sense of loyalty that is empowering the remains of those who support the true AGF mechanics. Most players now, never even experienced it! I prefer to have a loyalty to the game, and thr group in charge of leading the game, and directing it. But then... for me, playing the game is much just a different activity, and a way of passing time. I much prefer talking to the people of the community, and in that regard, the more people (players), the better.

I think the mechanics of AGF appealed more to the game-purist -- the person who enjoyed the game more than what came along with it. When they created the 'agarioforums.io' variant, I'm pretty sure they tried to as closely match the mechanics, without giving up the need (and ergo making a less popular type more expensive to operate) to add additional resources.

I respect your wanting to win back the old game that you miss, but in light of recent messages here, I think that you may be the wrong ambassador for your own petition! (lol)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Démone, Light*, Sora
(10-21-2019, 02:23 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 04:37 PM)Mindless Wrote: If Sora could beat me in agf, i would be more likely to agree with you that "he" knows the game better than anyone else.  But that is not the case.  I am Extremely thankful that Sora is an excellent programmer.  I also agree that Sora knows the definitions of the game better than anyone.  However he/she is the creator of the game and does not PLAY to the extent some of us do.  The players are the ones who really know and have tested the dynamics of the definitions Sora has made.

The mechanics of the game matter mostly to the players. In that regard, Sora doesn't have to have the most experience in playing, so much as he needs a trusted core of testers, whom he knows play the game capably, and he can compare opinions of players with different styles, and then still make the best choices for his game.

A part of my post was intended to say that I think it is a sense of loyalty that is empowering the remains of those who support the true AGF mechanics. Most players now, never even experienced it! I prefer to have a loyalty to the game, and thr group in charge of leading the game, and directing it. But then... for me, playing the game is much just a different activity, and a way of passing time. I much prefer talking to the people of the community, and in that regard, the more people (players), the better.

I think the mechanics of AGF appealed more to the game-purist -- the person who enjoyed the game more than what came along with it. When they created the 'agarioforums.io' variant, I'm pretty sure they tried to as closely match the mechanics, without giving up the need (and ergo making a less popular type more expensive to operate) to add additional resources.

I respect your wanting to win back the old game that you miss, but in light of recent messages here, I think that you may be the wrong ambassador for your own petition! (lol)

Squirrel,

You pretty much nailed it.  A lot of players were treating the agf room as a "community pool" and would just hang out there and chat...  i found that acceptable at times, but was absolutely disgusted by it when i am seeking competition and they are "not teaming, but just not eating each other".  It was a big problem when you would bring a fight near TB Members, and they would just be like a wall in the middle of the room.  (when there were many TB members online, it was like they were blockades, blocking the flow of battle)

Also, i think @Sora is taking the opinion of players who are seeking this "Community Pool" and yes as a game purest i think that is a huge msitake.  I think Sora should be listeing to people who play the game looking for the best and most fair competition.

As agma stands, i could not seriously reccomend the game to ANY of my gaming friends.  Most of the servers are over run by power abusers or too slow to keep a highly skilled gamers attention, and agf solo is just not competitive enough.

Agf was closer to infinity, and that aspect gave the game magic.
(10-30-2019, 10:12 PM)Mindless Wrote: You pretty much nailed it.  A lot of players were treating the agf room as a "community pool" and would just hang out there and chat...  i found that acceptable at times, but was absolutely disgusted by it when i am seeking competition and they are "not teaming, but just not eating each other".  It was a big problem when you would bring a fight near TB Members, and they would just be like a wall in the middle of the room.  (when there were many TB members online, it was like they were blockades, blocking the flow of battle)

Also, i think @Sora is taking the opinion of players who are seeking this "Community Pool" and yes as a game purest i think that is a huge msitake.  I think Sora should be listeing to people who play the game looking for the best and most fair competition.

As agma stands, i could not seriously reccomend the game to ANY of my gaming friends.  Most of the servers are over run by power abusers or too slow to keep a highly skilled gamers attention, and agf solo is just not competitive enough.

Agf was closer to infinity, and that aspect gave the game magic.

But you seem to have ignored my last part, which referred to your recent actions, which is a succinctly WRONG way to try to bring about that which you want.

Sora cannot pander to the whims of a few -- the game has to pay for itself. And thus were born my offers to pay for the variant, if I ever got-rich-quick, and so on.

I don't think there is a way to please everyone on this, so... the side with more numbers, I suspect, will "win".
Fight the Good Fight
(10-31-2019, 06:17 AM)Squirrel Wrote: But you seem to have ignored my last part, which referred to your recent actions, which is a succinctly WRONG way to try to bring about that which you want.

Sora cannot pander to the whims of a few -- the game has to pay for itself. And thus were born my offers to pay for the variant, if I ever got-rich-quick, and so on.

I don't think there is a way to please everyone on this, so... the side with more numbers, I suspect, will "win".

I am not entirely sure more people like agf solo.. i think its more that they just dont care enough or maybe too tired from work to bother.  And then others are holding back their truth because they are bitter with their emotions.  Its a true shame, and a huge loss to world.  (even though many are unaware of it).  Agf was a divine space and im sad its currently lost in time at the moment.

Ps.  There are better ways to monetize this game.  And it should be a goal to attract more players with good game play.
I don’t see why you are talking about TB since it no longer exist but I will answer your comments anyway. TB was made up of very good solo players with the same goal of being able to eat the dominant teams  They loved that challenge which is common to many solos players because it spices things up.  It is wrong to say that: TB members were not eating each other because they did and they liked battling between themselves.  You had to be completely blind if you never saw 2 TB members fighting each other ... "Technically" TB is nothing but 2 letters and has nothing to do with the fraternity that EXISTED and STILL EXISTS between the players ... TB was not a clan .. TB meant to me a person who likes and able to eat the teams!

I like playing the game but above all I like the friendship that comes with it and like to know how my friends are doing, new things in their lives and listen to them when needed (mother hen’s side).  When I took a break, the most that I missed was not talking to my friends so I really like the human side of the game as well as playing it. The respectful interaction with people is important and it is why I like better agma instead of agar (with no chat).  Unfortunately this feature also comes with a negative side when people use it as you and Supergirl did…. I stopped counting all the “insults” and even worst things than that after 5 months!!!!!

If you really wish to keep the magic of the AGF server …you really failed by making this server unplayable (which you admitted doing in the chat) by teaming and by your teammate power abuse. This '' most fair competition '' was not existing when you teamed on that server and even in the present solo server. All your behavior and insults towards me for a game and in the AIM of getting THE ideal server YOU want ???? .  You did not use in my opinion the right approach to get it.  You are talking about shame… yes,  it is shameful what you do ... You are talking about emotions ... let me talk about mine when it comes to the way you treated me .. I think I have real emotions that you don’t seem to be able to experience ... you said we were friends ... friends don’t act like you are acting ... in short unless you find again your '' mind '' ', mindless is far behind me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Démone's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Squirrel
(11-01-2019, 11:28 AM)samira Wrote: And yes the chat can be abused. I abuse it to insult the teamers. But I won’t hide that I do it. The solo server is not a solo server at all. Do you remember when we had a discussion about whether the new server will make teaming possible or not? I said it will be possible... and I was right, unfortunately. And while Sora was talking about consequences if teamers find a way to bypass the anti teaming penalties, nothing is happening. And I guess back in the old days it was the same, you were left alone with all the teamers, so you decided to create a civilian defense called Team Busters and no one can blame you for doing so. Just stop it mindless.

I agree with most of what you said, but I only have something to add to this small section of your post.

The envisioned way to make teamers pay for teaming in a Solo server, is through the use of in-game moderators, who will be able to kick the players that are teaming out of the server.

Nothing is happening right now, because those features remain unimplemented.

I hope that they will be here soon, though!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Démone
Samira, I will always remember when we first met, it was... lets just say... memorable ??? hahahah Wink But we got to know each other ... I accepted your apology a while ago Samira ... you do not need to apologize anymore for that ... it was a sincere apology ( and thanks Wink ) and it proves that you are as human as I am, and I know that you are able to recognize your wrongs, the error is human! I also have mine and I am able to accept them, I am not and I have never claimed to be a 'God'.

I appreciate you Samira ! But I admit that I sometimes find you '' ouff '' with the teamers on the chat too lol, I may have a little the same thoughts but simply not saying it ... Wink I find powers up worst than teaming ... Teams are a challenge !

I find that we have some similarities in aspects of our personality ;p ;p ;p ♥
[-] The following 1 user Likes Démone's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(11-01-2019, 03:27 AM)Démone Wrote: I don’t see why you are talking about TB since it no longer exist but I will answer your comments anyway. TB was made up of very good solo players with the same goal of being able to eat the dominant teams  They loved that challenge which is common to many solos players because it spices things up.  It is wrong to say that: TB members were not eating each other because they did and they liked battling between themselves.  You had to be completely blind if you never saw 2 TB members fighting each other ... "Technically" TB is nothing but 2 letters and has nothing to do with the fraternity that EXISTED and STILL EXISTS between the players ... TB was not a clan .. TB meant to me a person who likes and able to eat the teams!

I like playing the game but above all I like the friendship that comes with it and like to know how my friends are doing, new things in their lives and listen to them when needed (mother hen’s side).  When I took a break, the most that I missed was not talking to my friends so I really like the human side of the game as well as playing it. The respectful interaction with people is important and it is why I like better agma instead of agar (with no chat).  Unfortunately this feature also comes with a negative side when people use it as you and Supergirl did…. I stopped counting all the “insults” and even worst things than that after 5 months!!!!!

If you really wish to keep the magic of the AGF server …you really failed by making this server unplayable (which you admitted doing in the chat) by teaming and by your teammate power abuse. This '' most fair competition '' was not existing when you teamed on that server and even in the present solo server. All your behavior and insults towards me for a game and in the AIM of getting THE ideal server YOU want ???? .  You did not use in my opinion the right approach to get it.  You are talking about shame… yes,  it is shameful what you do ... You are talking about emotions ... let me talk about mine when it comes to the way you treated me .. I think I have real emotions that you don’t seem to be able to experience ... you said we were friends ... friends don’t act like you are acting ... in short unless you find again your '' mind '' ', mindless is far behind me.

Lol you dont have to explain what TB is to me, you should know i was pretty much a team buster myself before i started teaming in agf.  And besides, I teamed with you more than i teamed with anyone else, i teamed with you even more than i teamed with Supergirl.

And yes i thought we were friends.  We had friendly private chats (even when i was teaming against TB) all the way up until you didnt support this peition.  That was very confusing to me considering this petition states exactly what we would talk about in private.  We both raved about how much better the mechanics of agf were compared to agf solo.  We both said agf was the "perfect" mechanics for agma.

So honestly i think you didnt support because you saw Supergirl and Samira support first and that made you too bitter.  It's so sad considering you were my teamate in agf up until the day i started teaming with Supergirl.

And yes, you told me in a private chat that if the teaming persisted in agf we would get a power free, mirror copy of agf.  AND that the original agf would remain untouched and preserved because there would be TWO servers.  You knew i was really excited for a power free agf.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mindless's post:
  • Supergirl
I already said what needed to be said to the people involved and you are not part of it .... What makes me bitter is the amount of lies out of your mouth in comparison to the amount of truth. All the false things that you have spread on me is quite pitiful in the name of a game! I can tell you that all your blackmail threats do no have any effects on me anymore, neither does your manipulations, lies and insults. I am able to assume my actions, will you assume yours ??? I doubt very much that you will. There is a limit to my patience and people know that I have lots of it!

As for the 2 identical AGFs, Sora decided to create the server with a slightly different mechanic for the solo server in order to reduce the probability of teaming since there are no mod option at the moment to monitor that. These options are not in place yet since that involves lots of work and I respect that. I have hope that one day the moderators will have the powers necessary to enforce some rules. As I said many times, Sora makes the final decision and I don’t have any power over that. If you are so impatient to have your “dream” server… buy it yourself and invite all the friends that you do not want to invite here.

Samira or Supergirl does not have any influence into me supporting your petition and I would appreciate if you would reduce the “mindless” conclusions because these have no basis in facts.
[-] The following 4 users Like Démone's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Light*, Squirrel , SurakAtticus
Commenting to RE FOCUS this thread so it is ABOUT THE GAME.  

As a musician, i always called agf "My secret weapon".

I called it that because i knew of no other place that had the placticity, flexability, and liquidity to support how my brain could flow to a nice beat. The fluid motions and free flow agf had was unmatched.  It felt like one could almost see the sound dancing.  @Sora
(11-11-2019, 02:51 AM)Mindless Wrote: I called it that because i knew of no other place that had the placticity, flexability, and liquidity to support how my brain could flow to a nice beat. The fluid motions and free flow agf had was unmatched.  It felt like one could almost see the sound dancing.  @Sora

Wouldn't your metronome do the same thing?
Fight the Good Fight
(11-11-2019, 02:55 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:51 AM)Mindless Wrote: I called it that because i knew of no other place that had the placticity, flexability, and liquidity to support how my brain could flow to a nice beat. The fluid motions and free flow agf had was unmatched.  It felt like one could almost see the sound dancing.  @Sora

Wouldn't your metronome do the same thing?

i mean like flow dancing type things.  Like hula hooping, dancing, Poi, etc. 

Agf was my best option because i like music that is faster then i could dance to.  And it would be also hard on the joints to try to actually dance as much as i listen to music.
Agf was by far the most playful server, while agf solo punishes playful behavior
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mindless's post:
  • Supergirl