Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Daily Quiz!
Fun little game where you could learn something or potentially learn something about your friends/peers!

Question (1): In The Event Of A Hotel Fire That Is Blocking All Exits, How Do YOU Get Out? (And Why Is That The Best Way?)
Question (2): Without Fire Or Electricity You Are Forced To Boil Water, How Would You Overcome This Challenge?
Question (3): If You Could Add One Feature To Agma.io What Would It Be?
Question (4): If You Could Have Any Activity As A Job What Would That Activity Be?
Question (5): What Is The Most Useful Number? (And Why?)
Question (6): New Zealand Recently Introduced A Ban On Energy Drinks For 16 And Under, Do You Agree With This? (Doesn't Matter Where You're From)
Question (8): What Super Power Would You Have And Why?

(8)
Question: What Is The Most Helpful Animal On Earth And Why?

Hey fella's I could really do with some questions to post im trying to come up with things but I ain't that good at it .-.

When Replying Type the question number e.g (1) Then your answer.

If You Have Any Suggestions for the next daily quiz question email: [email protected]
Or Feel Free To Forum Pm Me Here! 
You are also able to contact me on either of these for help/information on this thread, as more questions are asked the FAQ will be added to this Thread.
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like Shade1453's post:
  • fisa, hinyerman, nachochesse, PleaseSlowDrively, Sora, Squirrel
I hope that this'll be a new fun little game that we can all play where we all give our own answers to some interesting questions! Shade has volunteered some of his time to make this happen so,

Thanks Shade!

And I guess we'll wait for him to ask the first question?

The way we have done other games in the past, the "Full instructions" for the game go in the threads very first post, and may be updated from time to time, so it makes a lot of sense to keep all that in the first post, so you can refer back to it.

I'm thinking that he may well announce a way for you to ask your own questions too, without this going crazy where 5 or 6 different questions are all getting answered at the same time.

Actually, Shade, if you NUMBER the questions, everyone could answer the questions even quite old ones and a new player could join in the game as if they'd played from the very beginning?

Have everyone always Reply to a question, so each post contains both the question asked and your own answer to it.

Just another idea. Thanks again for volunteering your time for this!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(09-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Shade1453 Wrote: Fun little game where you could learn something or potentially learn something about your friends/peers!

Question (1)
Question: In The Event Of A Hotel Fire That Is Blocking All Exits, How Do YOU Get Out? (And Why Is That The Best Way?

When Replying Type the question number e.g (1) then your question. 

If You Have Any Suggestions for the next daily quiz question email: [email protected]
Or Feel Free To Forum Pm Me Here! 
You are also able to contact me on either of these for help/information on this thread, as more questions are asked the FAQ will be added to this Thread.

(1.) I think you mean, “ then your answer”. 

• As far as the question goes, the way id get out of a hotel in the event of a fire would be, me solely relying on the firewalls and sprinklers. Most hotels are required to have them, they have saved thousands of lives. Nevertheless less I’d also try to find the nearest hotel escape routes as well as a fire extinguisher Smile
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
Hola Aqui realizaremos ua serie de preguntas sobre Agma.io para ver cuanto sabes sobre el Aver como se llama la tienda??

Quiero saver si te gusta Agma.io like si te gusta
why is Agma down
?
(09-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Shade1453 Wrote: Question (1)
Question: In The Event Of A Hotel Fire That Is Blocking All Exits, How Do YOU Get Out? (And Why Is That The Best Way?)

You know.... I have "no fear" here on earth. When I have nothing left to do on this rock, I will be snuffed out, when it is my time.

Faced with being in a hotel, all exits blocked, everything ablaze, I'm just going to see if I can grab a piece of wood or metal as I charge towards where I know there is a window.... If I have something in my hands when I get there, I just break the window with it, try to whack out any jagged parts left, then go through the window.

If it's... quite a long ways down, I'd probably stop and see just how likely chances of rescue are. If it's not too many floors just jump... aim for some bushes and hope they aren't roses. (lol)

And whatever happens, happens.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Jupiter
Updated: 
. Question 2 Added!
. Edit Made From "Then your question" to "Then your Answer"
(09-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Shade1453 Wrote: (2)
Question: Without Fire Or Electricity You Are Forced To Boil Water, How Would You Overcome This Challenge?

Hey, this got real at only Question #2? (lol)

I know that you can concentrate sunlight using a magnifying glass, but there's no chance you could do any more than boil several drops of water that way... you can just barely make a piece of paper smoulder... If you use paper to start something, I think you've just created fire, which the question asks you not to.

My next try would be to find a place in the world with an active volcano that has a lava flow... pretty sure you could get a pot of water to boil if you hold it in the lava flow long enough! (But then what happens when the bright chap in the audience asks, "OK, where's there an active lava flow?!" Because I don't think that there is one!)
Fight the Good Fight
  • Jupiter
Updated: 
Question 3 was added!
(09-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Shade1453 Wrote: (3)
Question: If You Could Add One Feature To Agma.io What Would It Be? Wink

I would like to add a moderators function, "/pulverize (user)"

This little red monkey forms behind the player, and starts throwing red bananas at your cells, and each one that hits turns the cell into these weeeee bite-sized little shards, meanwhile the monkey makes noises and jumps up and down gleefully!

This continues until all the players bigger cells have been vapourized!

Waddaya think?!??!
Fight the Good Fight
  • YaGirlBantrr
(09-26-2019, 12:15 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Shade1453 Wrote: (3)
Question: If You Could Add One Feature To Agma.io What Would It Be? Wink

I would like to add a moderators function, "/pulverize (user)"

This little red monkey forms behind the player, and starts throwing red bananas at your cells, and each one that hits turns the cell into these weeeee bite-sized little shards, meanwhile the monkey makes noises and jumps up and down gleefully!

This continues until all the players bigger cells have been vapourized!

Waddaya think?!??!
I think it could be cool with appropriate usage if ya know what I mean .-. Tongue
Updated:
. Question 4 added
Updated:
.Question 5 added

(sorry for the long wait on the new question, i broke my leg smh)
Question (4): If You Could Have Any Activity As A Job What Would That Activity Be?

I almost missed this question! And it's almost perfect for me! (LOL!)

I work for an Internet Provider in their datacentre, and work the night shift exclusively, tasked with fixing whatever goes wrong (of ours), or waking up the person who can, if I can't. And I get carrots for not waking people up. (lol)

I am also here to help our own customers, of course, which covers such a broad spectrum... everything from colocation (companies that leave their bare-metal equipment in our facility), to people and businesses who when I ask them what service they have with us, they think a few seconds, and can come up with only, "Uhnnn... Internet service????"

But for the most part, our stuff just keeps on working, and our customers are mostly asleep, so I have quite a bit of spare time on my hands.

Enough to sit on the Agma Discord server, and gab with whomever, and to post messages here... but alas, where I used to be able to play Agar/agma from work, I'm now forbidden from playing games.

And doesn't that sound pretty close to a dream job for you?

Except, you have to know so much to do the job. Whether one of the huge air conditioners dies (leaving you with just minutes before the datacentre reaches 90F, and machines start detecting the extreme heat, and shutting themselves off to try to avoid digital-suicide....   to when the power fails, making sure that the generator has started automagically, and everyone's servers (including our own) are still up and running, or when one of our major upstream providers has a link that starts to flap (this is one of the worst problems -- the bad link is going up and down, causing the routing BGP tables to constantly change, eating all the router's CPU time, and leaving almost everyone wondering what the ^&%#$ is going on, even though the other links are fine. I manually have to tell it the bad link is down, and to not worry about it, then magically the routers all recover, and I can go back to chatting, lol).... or the odd time when one of our customers who doesn't know UNIX as well as they thought they did lock themselves out of their own network, and reboot to save the changes, only to realize what they did, start cussing, and call me... (lol)

Anyways. For the most part, I am just waiting for something to go wrong. And since my anxiety is a real problem, I make myself happy by playing loud music, and talking to the likes of you guys!

Doesn't that sound like a fantastic job?!

And yes, they pay me to do it, and have been for the past 17 years!

************* N E X T - Q U E S T I O N *************

(5) Question: What Is The Most Useful Number? (And Why?)

Wow, this is a really tough question.

I would like to say: pi, that magical mathematical constant (3.14159...etc, etc) that never changes, and the decimal digits of which, never repeat (that anyone has discovered -- I don't think anyone can prove that they wouldn't repeat at some point).

Why?  That's where this question gets harder, but I will do my best. (I forget almost all of the higher level math I ever knew, sadly.) You first find out that it is a magical # that allows us to make formulas that find out how to quantify, and differentiate everything circular, or spherical, plus derivatives thereof (ie: an ellipse, which is just a circle that has been stretched in one or more axis).

But this is just the beginning: It also opens up the whole often-hated topic "trigonometry", which can be used for simple things, like determining the interior angles of triangles, to super-hard things like the derivative of some crazy function, or the opposite, iyt's integral, both of which you get hit with hard in University.

One of those marvellous qualities allows us to use 3 wires to carry electricity, and essentially use three times the power that you create, all because of all the most improbable things, where using a number like "pi" that cannot be accurately written out using just numbers, but this simple formula is also true:

sin(x) + cos(x) + cot(x) = 1

ONE!  EXACTLY one!

I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around how one value could be so constant yet we can't write it out exactly, without referring to the magical term "pi", but also as critically important, even so far as to deliver electricity to every civilized home and business.
Fight the Good Fight
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(10-07-2019, 10:05 PM)Shade1453 Wrote: Updated:
.Question 5 added

(sorry for the long wait on the new question, i broke my leg smh)

Did u really break your leg???

(09-23-2019, 04:48 AM)Shade1453 Wrote: Fun little game where you could learn something or potentially learn something about your friends/peers!

Question (1): In The Event Of A Hotel Fire That Is Blocking All Exits, How Do YOU Get Out? (And Why Is That The Best Way?)

-- the closest window no matter its position cuz either way you are still a dead duck!

Question (2): Without Fire Or Electricity You Are Forced To Boil Water, How Would You Overcome This Challenge?

-- with any chemical that heats up when mixed with water and providing you don't have to drink the eater. 

Question (3): If You Could Add One Feature To Agma.io What Would It Be?

-- excellent customer service + killer portal

Question (4): If You Could Have Any Activity As A Job What Would That Activity Be?

-- feeding the hungry and stamping out evil people

Question (4): What is the most useful number? (and why?)
-- one because its the start of something gooooodddd!
[-] The following 1 user Likes kl_batgirl's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026