Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Join
Hey guys 
 I just noticed that people are online on Agariofourms that much, but why? People use to be online soo much!
[-] The following 2 users Like Lazaro's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, yukichan
(09-17-2019, 09:57 PM)Lazaro Wrote: Hey guys 
 I just noticed that people are online on Agariofourms that much, but why? People use to be online soo much!

People naturally start talking on the Discord server, and then seem to forget about the Forums, because there's so many more people there, at any given time, than here.

But what people forget, is that Discord is a very poor way to disseminate information, or discuss anything, because most of the banter is..... fun, but non-useful. So the stuff that is useful, gets buried there... and although it's there... less than 5% of the people ever see it, or ever knew it was posted.

So for someone like me, I find myself repeating myself time and time and time again.

However, you cannot deny the #1 reason for going to any social media platform -- it's the people!

So really, it's best for players to do both -- socialize on Discord, where there's more people at any given time, but post information here, where it's so much easier to know that it was posted, and read it!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • yukichan
(09-18-2019, 02:13 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:57 PM)Lazaro Wrote: Hey guys 

People naturally start talking on the Discord server, and then seem to forget about the Forums, because there's so many more people there, at any given time, than here.

But what people forget, is that Discord is a very poor way to disseminate information, or discuss anything, because most of the banter is..... fun, but non-useful. So the stuff that is useful, gets buried there... and although it's there... less than 5% of the people ever see it, or ever knew it was posted.

So for someone like me, I find myself repeating myself time and time and time again.

However, you cannot deny the #1 reason for going to any social media platform -- it's the people!

So really, it's best for players to do both -- socialize on Discord, where there's more people at any given time, but post information here, where it's so much easier to know that it was posted, and read it!
I dont know about you but i like the forums better Tongue
[Image: cebfaff72909ff0f894534bd405c8455.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shade1453's post:
  • Lazaro
(09-19-2019, 12:43 PM)Shade1453 Wrote: I dont know about you but i like the forums better Tongue

They serve different purposes, really. The Discord is better for socializing, making friends...

The Forums is a better place to document something, discuss something that will continue to be of interest, and that people will want to look up again, detail new releases, discuss possible ideas, and keep track of the other games out there.

Plus, you can get in some socializing here too. Smile

And besides... the Forums came first, and is wholly owned by Sora!

I wouldn't trust my friendships to Discord alone. Smile
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Lazaro