Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IDEA] Weekly high scores
It's great to dominate, but it would be very exciting to see how other players are doing in the game.

Not sure how you want to decide who can see which high scores, but I'll leave that up to your imagination - perhaps you should have both global and regional high scores.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mino's post:
  • Breakfast , Final, Squirrel , ™ Chronic
Hm, interesting idea. Since the Server has NA and EU it would be nice it see global scores. I do believe though that you can see the scores from the two different regions.
(09-16-2016, 09:05 AM)Mino Wrote: It's great to dominate, but it would be very exciting to see how other players are doing in the game.

Not sure how you want to decide who can see which high scores, but I'll leave that up to your imagination - perhaps you should have both global and regional high scores.

It's a good idea, but it might be harder to do than it sounds, if somewhere on the inside, the 'regional' games are on different servers.

It'll be interesting to see what @Sora says about that. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Even if the top ten list was per-server, that would still be awesome. Obviously a regional system would be tougher, but more awesome. Right now, the game forgets about you as soon as you leave, but sometimes when I hit enormous mass (a newb like me only gets up to about 28k in the best case) then you want people to know Smile
The only problem with the leaderboard (it already exists) is that it causes people to use every dirty trick in the book to get on it. The very existence of the leaderboard encourages people to camp, multi-tab, 4 man team, and virus lock. When all people care about is getting on the board they end up doing things that make the game less fun for everyone, and discourages fair gameplay and soloing (or even basic teaming for that matter). I've been advocating getting rid of the thing since it came out...but it was a real influence in making clans like AD and NoLife big cuz they worked so hard to dominate the list. (full disclosure: I've been on 4 man teams for both of those clans getting funny names on the board, so I'm part of the problem)

[Image: 578148d919c544fba28366b1d96ae0be.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
(11-12-2016, 07:21 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: The only problem with the leaderboard (it already exists) is that it causes people to use every dirty trick in the book to get on it. The very existence of the leaderboard encourages people to camp, multi-tab, 4 man team, and virus lock. When all people care about is getting on the board they end up doing things that make the game less fun for everyone, and discourages fair gameplay and soloing (or even basic teaming for that matter). I've been advocating getting rid of the thing since it came out...but it was a real influence in making clans like AD and NoLife big cuz they worked so hard to dominate the list.

boy i ain't in no clan and all ma scores up there are legit solos HazRSavage

@run SPOT run 101 > AD

plus the leader board encourages competition

btw i'm #1, #8, 15,#16 the last 2 where like random solos so i didn't get that high..
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • run SPOT run
(11-12-2016, 07:24 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 07:21 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: The only problem with the leaderboard (it already exists) is that it causes people to use every dirty trick in the book to get on it. The very existence of the leaderboard encourages people to camp, multi-tab, 4 man team, and virus lock. When all people care about is getting on the board they end up doing things that make the game less fun for everyone, and discourages fair gameplay and soloing (or even basic teaming for that matter). I've been advocating getting rid of the thing since it came out...but it was a real influence in making clans like AD and NoLife big cuz they worked so hard to dominate the list.

boy i ain't in no clan and all ma scores up there are legit solos HazRSavage

@run SPOT run 101 > AD

plus the leader board encourages competition

btw i'm #1, #8, 15,#16 the last 2 where like random solos so i didn't get that high..

I was 35k #1 on the board, hard fight to get there but doing well.  I was in 3 pieces and  was about to consume a significant broken mass Thinking maybe I can break my own record today. The next second I was GONE! totally replaced by some camper who decided finally to teleport into the game. Nice!  I hope he made a record solo,  and the high score can be posted in the  weekly high score list.  Huh   Then we can all feel ripped off together. Big Grin
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 2 users Like ™ Chronic 's post:
  • run SPOT run , ✨101✨
@✨101✨  (one of the best ever)....We have had our fun and done plenty of cheatin...but I aint callin you out, there's an honest reason you an @Relax are all up in there....it's all about history for me lol....A couple of my fav AGF dudes.

maybe a leaderboard that showed time in first instead of total mass....hahaha
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • ✨101✨
(11-13-2016, 04:38 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: @✨101✨  (one of the best ever)....We have had our fun and done plenty of cheatin...but I aint callin you out, there's an honest reason you an @Relax are all up in there....it's all about history for me lol....A couple of my fav AGF dudes.

maybe a leaderboard that showed time in first instead of total mass....hahaha

yeah lol there has been times when i acquired more than 80K+ solo and lost it in less than a minute xD
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
It wouldn't bother me to see the leader board  or the teamers and cheaters all gone. You might loose a few players of one kind but might gain a different kind of player and probably a larger crowd of them. There are some awesome Quantum players that never bother for the leader board.  Just so the Teamers know, that when they're tooting their  horns about how awesome they are, some of the players  they're bragging about beating are 6 years old. Ya WoW! eh?  There are  solo gods too who I know cheat and some others who I have suspicions about. 
I also think  the leader board contributes greatly to  cheating  or teaming  to  the top.  Take away their thunder. 

Why not two game boards. One with leader board and one with out and see what happens. 

Just a ganja influenced creative thought that makes sense to me right now Big Grin
(11-14-2016, 12:34 AM)Relax Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 12:23 AM)TM Soloist Wrote: It wouldn't bother me to see the leader board  or the teamers and cheaters all gone. You might loose a few players of one kind but might gain a different kind of player and probably a larger crowd of them. There are some awesome Quantum players that never bother for the leader board.  Just so the Teamers know, that when they're tooting their  horns about how awesome they are, some of the players  they're bragging about beating are 6 years old. Ya WoW! eh?  There are  solo gods too who I know cheat and some others who I have suspicions about. 
I also think  the leader board contributes greatly to  cheating  or teaming  to  the top.  Take away their thunder. 

Why not two game boards. One with leader board and one with out and see what happens. 

Just a ganja influenced creative thought that makes sense to me right now Big Grin

The trouble with a leaderboard is there's no separate one for campers and teamers. ANYONE can say their solo is legitimate, and then fail to respond when challenged on their claims; or they say it was an outlier. As of right now, I think the leaderboard is doing more harm than good. I'm honestly surprised people will go so far for scores. I guess I used to as well, but it's just a number, that has many factors influencing it. People use it to make bogus claims nowadays, time and time again. I suppose calling them out won't do anything, we need a mechanics fix. People will keep farming and camping as long as it's an option. I personally am more proud of legitimacy rather than the number, and hope the rest of AGF will turn out the same. Smile

Just a question because I don't know about coding and w/e.  How hard would it be to count the "secret room" mass seperate from the main game mass, subtract  one from the other and the remainder is the first place score? it could be done with coding right?

That would take care of one big problem.