Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AGF.io Server Rules
Hello,

someone told me they sent a proposal for a set of rules for the NA Agf.io Solo server  to @Sora.

I think this is the wrong way.

If there is a proposal of rules I think they should not be a secret and secretly sent to Sora and especially not made in a way to be in favor of a small number of persons.

Therefore I created this thread, for transparency and fairness and to start an actual, positive debate that aims to create the best rules as possible for all players.

Proposal  for Additional Rules (AGF.io Solo)

These additinal rules are meant to help to decide what is teaming and what is not.

1. Sending "w" (ejecting mass) purposely near to a player, ony with the intention that the mass is being consumed by that player, is teaming. This is especially also true for sending just a little bit mass to players that just have spawned.

Reason: Feeding friends to help them is known as teaming. There cannot be an exception that feeding them when they are small is not teaming.  Teaming always is teaming.

2. Splitting into a friend to give all mass to them is teaming. This is often done when a person wants to leave a server.

Reason: This one is a bit tricky. The point is, that intentionally giving mass to a friend gives that person an unfair advantage against true solo players. Suddenly they have more mass, only because a friend of them decided so.  It cannot be said that it does not count as teaming because if the person is leaving the server -  the effect is the same as teaming and also in that moment of transfering the mass to the friend it is teaming - becuase that is a commonly known form of teaming, giving mass to the team mate.

3. Friends that in general do not attack each other when close to each other but instead intentionally decide to target the same opponent are teamig.

Reason: Teaming is not only about sharing mass but also about cooperating against a mutual opponent. Not attacking each other might not be seen as teaming, but if both then choose to target the same opponent it has the same effect as if they were teaming. It is not fair for the solo player.
[-] The following 4 users Like samira's post:
  • FilipCro125, plymouth, Squirrel , Supergirl
I am glad you are taking my idea and running with it… I made a suggestion to Sora that may be a set of rules would solve some problems but did not send to Sora a list of what those rules might be. Instead, I initiated the conversation with you regarding this and gave you my ideas about those which you listed up in your post. If you, your friends and everybody in the server follow those rules it would be great. As to feeding a new spawn, I was actually being lenient because I know that some people always do these things so I was trying to meet you in the middle by saying giving a bit of mass to a new spawn so they are big enough to go virus farming can be acceptable but I am so glad that even that you find not acceptable since I don’t either. Somebody did that to me once and it felt weird. As to the mass when leaving, most of the time now days when leaving I give it to the bot so the one that kills the bots gets the prize!!!! Lol
[Image: Lightsig.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Light*'s post:
  • samira
There are NO rules ...

- servers are designed differently

... so that players just can PLAY, without having to think about any "rules"  Exclamation

Just a fact ... I am very sure @Sora can confirm this  Exclamation

Wink
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
(09-01-2019, 11:40 AM)samira Wrote: Hello,

someone told me they sent a proposal for a set of rules for the NA Agf.io Solo server  to @Sora.

I think this is the wrong way.

If there is a proposal of rules I think they should not be a secret and secretly sent to Sora and especially not made in a way to be in favor of a small number of persons.

Therefore I created this thread, for transparency and fairness and to start an actual, positive debate that aims to create the best rules as possible for all players.

Proposal  for Additional Rules (AGF.io Solo)

These additinal rules are meant to help to decide what is teaming and what is not.

1. Sending "w" (ejecting mass) purposely near to a player, ony with the intention that the mass is being consumed by that player, is teaming. This is especially also true for sending just a little bit mass to players that just have spawned.

Reason: Feeding friends to help them is known as teaming. There cannot be an exception that feeding them when they are small is not teaming.  Teaming always is teaming.

2. Splitting into a friend to give all mass to them is teaming. This is often done when a person wants to leave a server.

Reason: This one is a bit tricky. The point is, that intentionally giving mass to a friend gives that person an unfair advantage against true solo players. Suddenly they have more mass, only because a friend of them decided so.  It cannot be said that it does not count as teaming because if the person is leaving the server -  the effect is the same as teaming and also in that moment of transfering the mass to the friend it is teaming - becuase that is a commonly known form of teaming, giving mass to the team mate.

3. Friends that in general do not attack each other when close to each other but instead intentionally decide to target the same opponent are teamig.

Reason: Teaming is not only about sharing mass but also about cooperating against a mutual opponent. Not attacking each other might not be seen as teaming, but if both then choose to target the same opponent it has the same effect as if they were teaming. It is not fair for the solo player.

It's a good initiative, but the only problem is that everyone has access to the solo agf.io server, and only few of these will be aware of the exact points you mention. Most players understand the meaning of "SOLO" and that the server is no-teaming. But any other specifics will not be possible to communicate to random new players. The anti-team algorithm makes it less efficient for someone to team. Other than that, I think it's just about playing honourably and for the sake of fun. Most players will not team as they respect the "SOLO" tag on the server, but it's not possible to completely eliminate teaming at all times, so don't hope for that. Of course someone teaming on the server will get some backlash, and may even result in termination from the server. But try to focus on your own gameplay more and if you do see someone teaming, I personally always see it as a bigger and more fun challenge to combat them. The consequences for teamers can come later, and you don't have to deal with that.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 4 users Like Sora's post:
  • Démone, samira, Squirrel , Supergirl
@Sora
We are not trying to solve ramdom teamers problems with these rules (Please see DM on discord). Some regulars do not care to play honourably and thus do not care for solo rules as you saw in Supergirl’s post so it’s not really a solo server and old or new players coming in are disappointed.
[-] The following 2 users Like Light*'s post:
  • Démone, samira
(09-02-2019, 12:01 AM)Light* Wrote: @Sora
as you saw in Supergirl’s post

Why you accuse me of something ?

Also what "you saw" in my post - explain please  Exclamation

I said ...

(09-01-2019, 09:09 PM)Supergirl Wrote: There are NO rules ...

- servers are designed differently

... so that players just can PLAY, without having to think about any "rules"  Exclamation

Just a fact ... I am very sure @Sora can confirm this  Exclamation

Wink

... which @Sora even confirmed with his post  Exclamation

Wink

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
It's a solo server there are rules: no teaming
[-] The following 2 users Like Light*'s post:
  • Démone, Nuke
No, not one server has rules ...

- the agma servers are designed in the different way, that "force" / allow players to play different "styles"  Exclamation

Wink

(09-01-2019, 09:21 PM)Sora Wrote: The anti-team algorithm makes it less efficient for someone to team.

If there would be rules ...
(09-01-2019, 09:21 PM)Sora Wrote: ... but the only problem is that everyone has access to the solo agf.io server, and only few of these will be aware of the exact points you mention.
... not every player has a forum account, nor all players use the forum  Exclamation
Thats why the servers are made this way, that the players just need to play and the server-algorithms "tell" them what can be done and what not  Exclamation

(09-01-2019, 09:21 PM)Sora Wrote: But any other specifics will not be possible to communicate to random new players.

(09-01-2019, 09:21 PM)Sora Wrote: Other than that, I think it's just about playing honourably and for the sake of fun.

Absolutly correct @Sora, many take games way to serious ... its a game to have F U N  Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Heart

Wink

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supergirl 's post:
  • samira
As Sora said honour comes into play since mecanics does not stop teaming, so this is not saying that you can play in any way you want and the way the server is designed will stop you. It means that you do need to play the style that the name of the server is suggesting. As one person said to me Sora should probably add no teaming after the name so it would reinforce the fact that it is a solo server since it's not clear enough for some people.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Light*'s post:
  • samira
There is a place where everyone of us can find the answer. It’s a special place for each one us, unique and so important and as close to us as it could be: it’s our heart. Heart
If we listen to it, then it will help to decide what is wrong and what is right!
But we have to listen!!

I have done this, and well it told me I have made a couple of mistakes.

I want the fight to stop.

The solo server is the solo server and everyone should respect that.
No teaming should happen in that server. “Classical” teaming (splitrunning) usually does not happen in it, but there are more, subtle variants of teaming that also can frustrate those who try to play solo.
That’s why I made the proposal with these rules. I called them rules but that might not be the best wording. Actually they are guidelines. Especially meant for the players that regulary play on the server.

Also the insulting and arguing on the server should stop. It will be a huge challenge to stop since a lot of persons - including me - tend to argue a lot. But it finally must stop, the fight is going on for whay too long, three months now?! It’s insane! We got the new server and we should use this chance to calm down and at least reduce the big fight down to a small fight without insulting.
[-] The following 3 users Like samira's post:
  • Démone, Light*, Squirrel