Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spamming
so everyone, this week there has been loads of spam. Usually its around 7 am gmt and its happened every day this week.

What can we do to stop it?

@Sora

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
Some problems your better off dealing with. When the solution is a grenade instead of a scalpel, it's often better to leave it alone and just delete all threads from a poster. If there was an easy way to do it without discouraging new (or current) members, it would already be implemented. So, be patient, hope for the best, and keep bringing the problem up to @Sora.
[Image: giphy.gif]
We must spam back. It's the only way.
[Image: YEET.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like YEET's post:
  • Apix , Relax , run SPOT run , Sora, Voakie , ℱIRE
Sora just needs to implement that captcha, then bot Accounts couldn't Register anymore. And I highly doubt those are real people Spamming. So pls more transparency from your side @Sora... When will you implement the captcha, did you already try, are there ven better Solutions...
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Breakfast , run SPOT run , Squirrel
We've got ReCaptcha but the spambots manage to get past it
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sora's post:
  • Breakfast
(09-16-2016, 11:53 AM)Sora Wrote: We've got ReCaptcha but the spambots manage to get past it

what can we do to stop it, add an antispam eg cooldown every 10 mins when creating a thread?

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
(09-16-2016, 05:10 AM)YEET Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 04:54 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: it's often better to leave it alone and just delete all threads from a poster.
We must spam back. It's the only way.

All the recent spamming is being done by bots. Since they can create an account successfully, with the rights to post, they need nothing else. and cannot be stopped with things as they are right now.

As Voakie said, adding Captchas would likely get rid of all but the hardiest of the bots.

So... I'm with Run... have patience, and let Sora figure it out.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
they are spamming again

@Sora https://mods.mybb.com/view-resource/prev...-spam-bots

Can't we let the people that joins AGF now, have a bigger cool down then the Green named people and the Blue named people?
Because it'll most likely slow down the bots/spammers. (Sorry if this is a stupid idea e.e)
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

[Image: bb4e29b1658af6553f2df77facf12568.png]
or a 15 min cool down and then verified members have to do 5 or 10 posts min to make threads

I just looked up one of the sites that they're spamming and according to what i'm seeing, this is happening on a lot of other forums.

[Image: 1965105fc08c85464a4d540b674d74b1.png]
[Image: YEET.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes YEET's post:
  • Voakie
(09-16-2016, 11:05 PM)YEET Wrote:
I just looked up one of the sites that they're spamming and according to what i'm seeing, this is happening on a lot of other forums.

~snips Asian spam~

That would make sense... bots are written to target a specific software package. All these sites will be run by MyBB.

I thought that accounts could just sign up and post... but I'll bet the bot can also wait for a confirmation e-mail, so likely Verified accounts can post, and bots can still do that. (They likely use WebMail, so the bot can continue to be deployed in a single browser window.)

And then I saw Sora's message about them being able to get past even some Captchas.

Sometimes... progress is not good, eh?
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Voakie
(09-16-2016, 04:38 PM)Squirrel Wrote: [...]

So... I'm with Run... have patience, and let Sora figure it out.

As long as the staff spend their time banning bots ay Tongue

That being me and sora lol: [Image: 5df033e1424e4644b75f3e1a626d2345.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Sora, Squirrel
Uh, must have a verified email plus ReCaptcha to prevent bots from spamming?
Since you log in, already verified and can post.
Your suicidal hypocritical friendo,
~Falysidia

[Image: 7NDzTFM.gif]
[Image: b2a073bb68b342c399e633f4cc30104c.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Falysidia's post:
  • Voakie
(09-17-2016, 02:31 PM)Falysidia Wrote: Uh, must have a verified email plus ReCaptcha to prevent bots from spamming?
Since you log in, already verified and can post.

*by the way, you might want to cut your sig down a little or i will do it for you ✌(◕‿-)✌*