Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1+1=3. Solve this riddle.
Creative responses! I will reveal the answer in this post.
The idea to ask the community this question came originally from a player I saw in agma with the nickname "1+1=3". I started to think how this could be a valid statement, given that in mathematical terms, 1+1 cannot be 3. Unless, we start thinking about some creative ways to make this valid anyways. I realized that there were actually many creative ways to solve this, and seeing what the community had in mind was interesting. My solution for the 1+1=3 was to count the lines on each number. Number 1 having two lines, number 3 having four lines. So two lines + two lines = four lines:
[Image: 5XPp1xf.png]
The solution for 2+2=20 is a bit similar. Should I reveal it right now, or give you all a bit more time to solve it? A hint: You must use the english language to solve it.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 4 users Like Sora's post:
  • GAS666, Owl , QueenOfQueens, YaGirlBantrr
(07-30-2019, 05:59 PM)Sora Wrote: Creative responses! I will reveal the answer in this post.
The idea to ask the community this question came originally from a player I saw in agma with the nickname "1+1=3". I started to think how this could be a valid statement, given that in mathematical terms, 1+1 cannot be 3. Unless, we start thinking about some creative ways to make this valid anyways. I realized that there were actually many creative ways to solve this, and seeing what the community had in mind was interesting. My solution for the 1+1=3 was to count the lines on each number. Number 1 having two lines, number 3 having four lines. So two lines + two lines = four lines:
[Image: 5XPp1xf.png]
The solution for 2+2=20 is a bit similar. Should I reveal it right now, or give you all a bit more time to solve it? A hint: You must use the english language to solve it.

Being in the career I’m in, numbers are definitely tricky, but extremely fun when you take it on the creative side. For instance, in your first equation, you found the solution by counting the lines where as I would have just took the alternative and said well, “ One is spelled with 3 letters, even if you said ok 1+1 is 2 that’s still 3 letters for that word which would give you this creative response. For your 2nd equation, I find that very interesting, especially putting on my thinking cap. Following your steps of method, and the hint you’ve provided I’ve came up with, what I believe is a creative solution, that being said here’s 3 more fun ones:

2+2= Fish
3+3 = 8
7+7= Triangle
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Owl 's post:
  • Squirrel