Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder
Security and password change system will come to the game?
I never lose. Either I win or I learn.
[Image: eitwBVR.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Samurai's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(03-19-2019, 01:49 PM)Samurai Wrote: Security and password change system will come to the game?

There has been plans to add a prpoer 'Forgot Password' system, trust me.

With the number of times Sora and Retslac have been asked to do it, I'm sure that it remains at the fore of what they'd like to get done.

But all this nonsense could be avoided, if everyone just followed the rules of choosing good passwords, and keeping it to themselves!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Apix , FilipCro125
(03-19-2019, 03:32 PM)samira Wrote: That would not have helped in my case. I just forgot my password... Smile

As an IT-guy for a pretty comprehensive ISP (we do so much, from providing access via fibre circuits, or DSL, to leasing space in our datacentre, to providing the full range of services, including cloud stuff ourselves...), there is an unbelievable number of passwords... Each has to be unique... each needs to be hard to guess... each should change every now and then... each has to be long enough that a brute force attack always fails.

And as a guy who does NOT have a robust memory, I made a rule of never permitting something to "save a password" for me. (With the exception of my internal company mail.)

This forces you to memorize your passwords that you use most frequently. Then, you just need a "fairly secure" way of recording your other passwords -- the ones that you hardly ever have to use. Many will be less important to you, so you'll probably make them easier, or have a series of them that are variations on the other.

Come up with password schemes -- ways of making them that leave you with robust, secure passwords... and if you need to, record somehow (in an obscure lcation, or by obscure means), and make clues for yourself. Know how your mind thinks, and make the hints you leave for yourself address the way your brain works. Never leave all the pertinent information to one password all in one place!

This is something that all of us should do!  Because in this day of age, little is more important to your future than your digital security methodology!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(03-20-2019, 11:22 AM)samira Wrote: 1Password password manager... problem solved?  Wink Tongue

I look at your profile picture, and have to keep reminding myself that those are ears and not horns!

~teeeeaqssssse!~
Fight the Good Fight
(03-20-2019, 08:47 PM)samira Wrote: Is this a request for a devilish cat meme?  Shy Exclamation

No, because memes suck, and you would do better than such a weak form of humour.
Fight the Good Fight
(03-20-2019, 11:22 AM)samira Wrote: 1Password password manager... problem solved?  Wink Tongue

I have a skeptical mind... And yes, a "password manager" is a reasonable idea as an alternative...

However, whayt's to prevent one of the authors from "going rogue" one day, and having it send all the usernames & passwords used by the manager to some text file somwhere,. along with the handy-dandy URL where it was used??

That would make one hell of a bad day for so many people!

The application could be hacked. It could be found by one pass of a trojan, and then have a "hacked" version uploaded next time to replace it......

There are so many ways a nasty-dude would so gleefully rub his hands together at the fun he was about to have, that I would never ever use one.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(03-22-2019, 12:16 AM)Squirrel Wrote: I have a skeptical mind... And yes, a "password manager" is a reasonable idea as an alternative...

However, whayt's to prevent one of the authors from "going rogue" one day, and having it send all the usernames & passwords used by the manager to some text file somwhere,. along with the handy-dandy URL where it was used??

That would make one hell of a bad day for so many people!

The application could be hacked.  It could be found by one pass of a trojan, and then have a "hacked" version uploaded next time to replace it......

There are so many ways a nasty-dude would so gleefully rub his hands together at the fun he was about to have, that I would never ever use one.

KeePass is completely free and open-source. So, you can review the code for us and see if it’s okay.

https://keepass.info/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/

[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, Squirrel
(03-21-2019, 11:38 AM)samira Wrote: But... but... I am lazy and meme generator is such an easy-to-use tool?!! Confused

YOU?@  Lazy....?!

Say it ain't so!

Wait a sec.

~thinks back to what he's said to former employers~

"The work that I am most proud of, was code that I wrote when thinking of the full task made me angry that I would have to waste so much time. I was most useful when I was lazy."

So maybe for us, that isn't a completely terrible quality to have. :|
Fight the Good Fight