Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I stop the forums send me messages?
(04-04-2019, 10:07 AM)samira Wrote: More like dropped into an ocean of SPAM!!!!!! Dodgy

HAH!!!!!!!

You have NO IDEA whan 'spam' is!

NONE!

Being tasked with cleaning up one of your bosses friends mailboxes... an address they've faithfully maintained through years of Internet Stupidity (on their part, and the viruses/malware that went with it)... Try 2000+ junk mail per day?

Plus all the [email protected] that comes with a host of role accounts for a business that has been around since 1994.

I even like to keep a finger on all the latest trends in spam, so I know what I need to tell people who are their own worst on-line enemies.

You know the ones......

"Are you expecting a package from India?  Have you ever heard of this company before??  So why the &^%#$%^%@#$ would you open the attachment 'invoice.exe', which has given you your latest virus?!"

Seriously though. Are you still getting e-mail spam from notifications from here??

I turned all that stuff off more than 2 years ago now, and have seen nothing close to spam -- not a single letter since.

So have faith!  If I can do it, so can you!
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • samira, yukichan
(04-04-2019, 03:47 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 12:44 PM)samira Wrote: Bad news I think it did not work. iPhone already feels very hot and I see little gray clouds coming out of the holes of the speakers, is this normal? Huh  Confused

I have a phone that doesn't use an Apple O/S, or Android... it uses... 'Kai O/S'.

It sounds like your phone was dropped into a toilet. Big Grin

But what do I know?! (lol)

bringing back the ol qwerty keyboard phone? makes me wanna try it for a month and see if I miss the touchscreen  Velli
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • yukichan
(08-23-2019, 10:27 PM)run SPOT run Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 03:47 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 12:44 PM)samira Wrote: Bad news I think it did not work. iPhone already feels very hot and I see little gray clouds coming out of the holes of the speakers, is this normal? Huh  Confused

I have a phone that doesn't use an Apple O/S, or Android... it uses... 'Kai O/S'.

It sounds like your phone was dropped into a toilet. Big Grin

But what do I know?! (lol)

bringing back the ol qwerty keyboard phone? makes me wanna try it for a month and see if I miss the touchscreen  Velli

Mine predates the 'QWERTY' keyboard! It just has the dial pad 0-9, *, #

So I bet you'll back away from me as fast as you think you can without possibly falling over backwards, just to get away from it! (lol)

It also has only a limited # of "characters" outside A-z,0-9. lol

All of which is okay for me!  The less I wanna use my phone, the more I like it!

It performs four "free" functions for me: Alarm clock, wrist watch, flashlight (although fairly dim), and list of contacts. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • yukichan
I have had two more sets of "spam" messages that some of you may also see in the near future. (Or maybe you already have, lollll)

Just last week I got one that was an....

(I kid you not...)

....invitation to join the Illuminati!

~laughs again, uncontrollably~

This one was a simple identity theft case, where they want you to give them all kinds of information on yourself, name, address, birth date, and so on... Most of all it tells them something else -- that you are gullible and an easy mark for ANY kind of scam that they want to run!

Everyone should know that reputable businesses will never ever ask you to give sensitive info on yourself in an e-mail. So never reply to any of these!

The other one was the most intelligent scam by far that I've heard tell of, and probably wildly successful too. (Next to that scam that ends up with you installing malware on your computer that encrypts your hard disk completely, and then offers to sell you the key to unencrypt it for some short period of time, like 24 hrs... for a variable amount of money in bitcoin. I forget what they call this sort of scam for the moment, and it is bugging me. Surely one of you have heard of it!)

The one that impressed me recently, I don't want to detail very much, but if any of you have ever seen a video of the creator of Facebook (that evil company), sitting there using his laptop, you might notice a piece of black electrical tape covering the built-in facing-you camera in the laptop... this will give you an idea why people do this.

You get an e-mail claiming that you've been infected with malware a few times now, and that 'buddy' has complete control over your computer. It goes on to claim that the 2 links provided are to publicly posted video footage.... one, which detected and 'captured' a video that you were supposedly watching.... and the other, a video it made of combining your built-in camera and built-in microphone, at the same time as the other video was playing.... Then it threatens you that it will send this to everyone in your contact list if you don't pay a variable amount of bitcoin, again in some short time-frame, like 24 hrs or so.

Paying by bitcoin would be generally untraceable, so that is a valid way for scams to work.

They always use a short time-frame, because they want you to be scared by the e-mail, and act without thinking. The longer they give you, the higher the chances that you asked a few friends about this, and for advice on what to do -- which I hope should be obvious.

Delete the e-mail! Clear your mail's 'Trash' folder so no-one can undelete it. And never reply to it!

And if you want to forward it, be a good guy, delete the two links before you send it!

(Make a story of it, like this message, so you can warn your friends and anyone else you know about the scam. Knowledge is power, as they say!)

So beware out there!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • samira
Thanks for the warning!! Smile
QUESTIONNNNN
WHO is the real maker in agar is that Sora or someone don't ask because I'm always confused
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes yukichan's post:
  • samira
Quote:Zeach (Matheus Valadares) is the developer of Agar.io. Valadares is Brazilian. He initiated the development of Agar.io but later sold the game to Miniclip.
Source: https://agario.fandom.com/wiki/Zeach
[-] The following 1 user Likes samira's post:
  • yukichan