Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article for your blog
Hi guys

I enjoy composing my synthwave music and recently I bumped into a very topical issue, namely how cryptocurrency is going to transform the music industry. I have decided to put together an article on the subject as I would like to inform the musicians and public at large just how cryptocurrencies can be a gamechanger in this field. I would like to donate this article to you for publication on your blog.

I have saved the article in my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

I did not have the time to find any images so I would be grateful if you could find and add some. I have also added a little blurb about myself.

I hope you and your readers will enjoy reading my article.

Have an awesome day!

Regards
Tony
I don't believe in cryptocurrencies. In fact I consider it a huge danger for our future society. Haven't we learnt anything from the economic crisis back in 2008..? The growth of worth of cryptocurrencies is just insane, and it seems like things are so far so good, but if there will be a downfall (and trust me, there will be) everyone will lose a lot of invested money. Banks are excluded from cryptocurrencies hence why they can't save the day either when the big downfall will occur. The only thing I can advice anyone is just not to invest in any sort of cryptocurrencies at all. You are rather safe than sorry.
(02-01-2019, 11:36 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: I don't believe in cryptocurrencies. In fact I consider it a huge danger for our future society. Haven't we learnt anything from the economic crisis back in 2008..? The growth of worth of cryptocurrencies is just insane, and it seems like things are so far so good, but if there will be a downfall (and trust me, there will be) everyone will lose a lot of invested money. Banks are excluded from cryptocurrencies hence why they can't save the day either when the big downfall will occur. The only thing I can advice anyone is just not to invest in any sort of cryptocurrencies at all. You are rather safe than sorry.

Not true.

In fact, there's a cryptocurrency for banks only!

They use them to bypass all the regulatory fees charged by governments when moving money from one country to another.

(However, I do believe they pose some threat, yes. Especially ones where we cannot be sure there are no back doors such as bitcoin!)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(02-02-2019, 12:02 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 11:36 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: I don't believe in cryptocurrencies. In fact I consider it a huge danger for our future society. Haven't we learnt anything from the economic crisis back in 2008..? The growth of worth of cryptocurrencies is just insane, and it seems like things are so far so good, but if there will be a downfall (and trust me, there will be) everyone will lose a lot of invested money. Banks are excluded from cryptocurrencies hence why they can't save the day either when the big downfall will occur. The only thing I can advice anyone is just not to invest in any sort of cryptocurrencies at all. You are rather safe than sorry.

Not true.

In fact, there's a cryptocurrency for banks only!

They use them to bypass all the regulatory fees charged by governments when moving money from one country to another.

(However, I do believe they pose some threat, yes. Especially ones where we cannot be sure there are no back doors such as bitcoin!)

Maybe I wasn't very clear. I mean, we are used to banks storaging our money. Now people may be scared of that as they don't want others to keep track of their own money, which in some sense I can understand... but the point is, if people invest in cryptocurrencies, it will stay all online. There is no bank involved. So when it all goes wrong, and I am really surprised that didn't happen yet, neither the banks or the government could do anything about it as they're simply not involved into the situation. Worst of all, money being invested in cryptocurrencies is doubtlessly connected to money from people not having invested in cryptocurrencies. So if it goes wrong, everyone will encounter the consequences of it, and there's not really an authority being able to solve the issue.
(02-13-2019, 09:16 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: Maybe I wasn't very clear. I mean, we are used to banks storaging our money. Now people may be scared of that as they don't want others to keep track of their own money, which in some sense I can understand... but the point is, if people invest in cryptocurrencies, it will stay all online. There is no bank involved. So when it all goes wrong, and I am really surprised that didn't happen yet, neither the banks or the government could do anything about it as they're simply not involved into the situation. Worst of all, money being invested in cryptocurrencies is doubtlessly connected to money from people not having invested in cryptocurrencies. So if it goes wrong, everyone will encounter the consequences of it, and there's not really an authority being able to solve the issue.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that, in cases where the federal giovernment in your country 'protects' (underwrites) a certain amount of money for each civilian bank account, were there ever to be insolvency within the bank itself -- I don't think I know of any countries that have extended that to any cryptocurrencies.

And what with a few major players in the stock markets predicting a "major worldwide correction", and general skittish outlook, you take a few risks, if you put your money in there.

Also, I agree with you, that, for example if it turns out that bitcoin had a rather dark secret in it's foundation, and there was a scandal where a few people knew when to "be out" by, whereas the rest of the world continued, happy and essentially blindfolded, there would be major consequences that would bleed throughout the entire world. It would not be contained to those who'd invested originally, and in fact, perhaps close to the opposite.

That said, I don't want to discourage people from cryptocurrencies in general, because I believe that you could "do it right", so that it is as defensible and accountable as any bank or financial institution is.

The regulations concerning them, I have never taken the time to understand, so I'm not sure how 'protected' the people are, but given the way credit card companies have gotten away with insecure foundations, I'm sure that we probably would not want to know. :|
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Yugopolis