Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Ideas
I see a lot of posts regarding new ideas. How about this thread being dedicated to kvetching about "bad ideas"?

Let me be a bad guy (  Dodgy ) and start off with one:

In Gigantic servers (Europe, North America or Asia), when a player is spawned, their mass starts off with a paltry sub 100!!! Why?

I'm strictly speaking about Gigantic servers here. This is really a bad design in my eyes that provides no benefit to the players other than frustration. You want the game to start with an equal playing field. I have seen many, many, many times (including myself) that as soon as a player is spawned with less than 100, they commit suicide.

What is the point? I am afraid I have an answer for this, and that is greed. When a player starts off so small in such servers, they kill themselves immediately to start off with 1000+ mass. By doing so, they are going to be served another ad.

This design adds to the "grind" of the game and the monetization becomes pronounced -- and not in a good way.

This behavior becomes really apparent when such servers are busy, e.g. 70+ players. In such cases, I have seen being spawned 3/4 times, or in many cases 5+ times IN A ROW as a sub 100 mass! This really kills the game and momentum, and I for one simply close my Agma tab and move on. All for what? A few cents here and there? The game is needlessly taking advantage of kids over these offered advertisements, and actually pushing people to install plugins/add-ons to block ads.

Please remove this bad design and have everyone starts off with 1000 mass all the time.
(01-04-2019, 12:57 AM)Cunina Wrote: I see a lot of posts regarding new ideas. How about this thread being dedicated to kvetching about "bad ideas"?

Let me be a bad guy (  Dodgy  ) and start off with one:

In Gigantic servers (Europe, North America or Asia), when a player is spawned, their mass starts off with a paltry sub 100!!! Why?

I'm strictly speaking about Gigantic servers here. This is really a bad design in my eyes that provides no benefit to the players other than frustration. You want the game to start with an equal playing field. I have seen many, many, many times (including myself) that as soon as a player is spawned with less than 100, they commit suicide.

What is the point? I am afraid I have an answer for this, and that is greed. When a player starts off so small in such servers, they kill themselves immediately to start off with 1000+ mass. By doing so, they are going to be served another ad.

This design adds to the "grind" of the game and the monetization becomes pronounced -- and not in a good way.

This behavior becomes really apparent when such servers are busy, e.g. 70+ players. In such cases, I have seen being spawned 3/4 times, or in many cases 5+ times IN A ROW  as a sub 100 mass! This really kills the game and momentum, and I for one simply close my Agma tab and move on. All for what? A few cents here and there? The game is needlessly taking advantage of kids over these offered advertisements, and actually pushing people to install plugins/add-ons to block ads.

Please remove this bad design and have everyone starts off with 1000 mass all the time.

I can't speak for the Gigantic servers, because I've never played there...

But I have spawned now and then, after dying, as a really really smallll guy in 'SuperSonic'... so small that once I was too small to pick up a coin immediately! (lololll!) And then you're so freakin' fast, using a mouse to actually go over the food takes some concentration!

But, of course, food is bountiful in SuperSonic, and in less than a minute, I'm off to the races again. Smile

I wonder if this isn't more of an inherent BUG, and possibly, even part of the failed anti-Teaming routine???

It doesn't happen to me very often. But it's happened enough times for me to notice.

It might be something @Sora needs to look into!

(Of course, it's easier to fix your own code, rather than someone elses.. We might just be stuck with it, depending on hiw the code is distributed.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sarah123
(01-04-2019, 12:57 AM)Cunina Wrote: I see a lot of posts regarding new ideas. How about this thread being dedicated to kvetching about "bad ideas"?

Let me be a bad guy (  Dodgy  ) and start off with one:

This behavior becomes really apparent when such servers are busy, e.g. 70+ players. In such cases, I have seen being spawned 3/4 times, or in many cases 5+ times IN A ROW  as a sub 100 mass! This really kills the game and momentum, and I for one simply close my Agma tab and move on. All for what? A few cents here and there? The game is needlessly taking advantage of kids over these offered advertisements, and actually pushing people to install plugins/add-ons to block ads.

U spawn with 100 mass when u spawn on someone's else ejected mass

Now for bad ideas, idk what to say cuz u and squirrel already said it lol. Maybe later Im gonna remember something
(Signature had to be removed due to the possibility of causing seizures)

[Image: ff67246f342a8808171d075243546464.gif]

huh I calmed em down for a bit xD  (for now)

[-] The following 2 users Like FilipCro125's post:
  • Sarah123, Squirrel
(01-04-2019, 07:44 AM)Squirrel Wrote: But I have spawned now and then, after dying, as a really really smallll guy in 'SuperSonic'... so small that once I was too small to pick up a coin immediately! (lololll!) And then you're so freakin' fast, using a mouse to actually go over the food takes some concentration!

But, of course, food is bountiful in SuperSonic, and in less than a minute, I'm off to the races again. Smile

I wonder if this isn't more of an inherent BUG, and possibly, even part of the failed anti-Teaming routine???

It doesn't happen to me very often. But it's happened enough times for me to notice.

It might be something @Sora needs to look into!

(Of course, it's easier to fix your own code, rather than someone elses.. We might just be stuck with it, depending on hiw the code is distributed.)

Well, in Gigantic servers (the most popular servers in Agma), when it's really busy, this happens very often. Being fast won't cut it. You are wasting so much time just to get to the very bottom. It's a grind that should be eliminated. It's annoying; it's counter productive, game-wise.

A minute here, a minute there, the next thing you know, you have spend 10 minutes in total just trying to get big enough not be eaten immediately by everyone. Being that small might not be a big issue in Agario type games, or other servers, but in Gigantic servers, it's annoying as hell.

How can this be an inherent "bug"? I don't quite understand your logic here. Every player is assigned a mass when it is spawned. Setting the size to a fix value shouldn't take more than a minute in the code.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cunina's post:
  • Sarah123
(01-05-2019, 05:23 PM)Cunina Wrote: Well, in Gigantic servers (the most popular servers in Agma), when it's really busy, this happens very often. Being fast won't cut it. You are wasting so much time just to get to the very bottom. It's a grind that should be eliminated. It's annoying; it's counter productive, game-wise.

A minute here, a minute there, the next thing you know, you have spend 10 minutes in total just trying to get big enough not be eaten immediately by everyone. Being that small might not be a big issue in Agario type games, or other servers, but in Gigantic servers, it's annoying as hell.

How can this be an inherent "bug"? I don't quite understand your logic here. Every player is assigned a mass when it is spawned. Setting the size to a fix value shouldn't take more than a minute in the code.

I think the previous explanation (if you respawn within someone else's smallest pieces, then you end up with a very small size.

That is plausible, because SuperSonic, the variety that I prefer, rarely is what we would call 'crowded'.

It sounds more like Giganmtic servers could benefit from a maximum # of players. I just don't know how that would be done, because players teaming will always want to respawn in the same server. At this point, it's up to the user, I suppose. Simply look at the number of people playing, before you join a server, and spare yourself teh aggravation, if you know it's coming.

If you know it's going to aggravate you to 'get to a survivable size', try a different variant for once, or do something else altogether.

Most of us play this game, never expending any actual money. And where I come from, if I'm complaining about what's 'free', it just makes me wonder where I went wrong.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • FilipCro125, Joanna, Sarah123, yukichan
Cunina Wrote:
Well, in Gigantic servers (the most popular servers in Agma), when it's really busy, this happens very often. Being fast won't cut it. You are wasting so much time just to get to the very bottom. It's a grind that should be eliminated. It's annoying; it's counter productive, game-wise.

I think the previous explanation (if you respawn within someone else's smallest pieces, then you end up with a very small size.

That is plausible, because SuperSonic, the variety that I prefer, rarely is what we would call 'crowded'.

It sounds more like Giganmtic servers could benefit from a maximum # of players. I just don't know how that would be done, because players teaming will always want to respawn in the same server. At this point, it's up to the user, I suppose. Simply look at the number of people playing, before you join a server, and spare yourself teh aggravation, if you know it's coming.

If you know it's going to aggravate you to 'get to a survivable size', try a different variant for once, or do something else altogether.

Most of us play this game, never expending any actual money. And where I come from, if I'm complaining about what's 'free', it just makes me wonder where I went wrong.
[Image: tumblr_nmtb8tkF9s1si4e7ko1_500.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like yukichan's post:
  • daniel12345, Good luck to all, Joanna, Sarah123