Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firearm
Hello,
Since a long while now I ask myself about firearms legalization.
I think you all know that it's legal to have a fire gun in USA (and few other countries). But I'm not here to talk about USA (even if it's a good example in many ways), and that's why I would like to have your opinion about this.

In my mind I would not like to live in a country where my neighbor can carry a gun in his house, yeah I know, there are many restrictions to own a guns but I'm pretty sure you can easily get a weapon in USA even if you have criminal record. Also I would like to answer to this well known argument from many supporters of guns port : "A firearm can save you life"
In my mind it's totally false. First you need a lot of train before you know how to shoot whit a gun, so you will probably be killed/stolen before you did anything ; I do not think that during the attacks in Brussels and Paris people said" shit where is my firearm"
Second point, in some situations, for example if a guy tries to kill your children etc. You would shoot him but in many ways I do not think there is a need to kill a Man. (too, there is  not non-vital points, so when you shoot someonewyou shoot him, it's an undeniable fact)
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

Change my looks but not my heart !
            - Italiano boi
[-] The following 3 users Like 7shoes's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, FilipCro125, Squirrel
(03-24-2019, 08:40 PM)7shoes Wrote: Hello,
Since a long while now I ask myself about firearms legalization.
I think you all know that it's legal to have a fire gun in USA (and few other countries). But I'm not here to talk about USA (even if it's a good example in many ways), and that's why I would like to have your opinion about this.

In my mind I would not like to live in a country where my neighbor can carry a gun in his house, yeah I know, there are many restrictions to own a guns but I'm pretty sure you can easily get a weapon in USA even if you have criminal record. Also I would like to answer to this well known argument from many supporters of guns port : "A firearm can save you life"
In my mind it's totally false. First you need a lot of train before you know how to shoot whit a gun, so you will probably be killed/stolen before you did anything ; I do not think that during the attacks in Brussels and Paris people said" shit where is my firearm"
Second point, in some situations, for example if a guy tries to kill your children etc. You would shoot him but in many ways I do not think there is a need to kill a Man. (too, there is  not non-vital points, so when you shoot someonewyou shoot him, it's an undeniable fact)

I agree. In Canada, there are thankfully not too many guns. Between the police, a few associated careers, and criminakls, they have most of the guns.

You can get a permit to carry, though, so it's not completely free of them.

In my 55 years, discounting holstered guns, I have seen just two. One I found in an acquaintances desk (scary; I stopped working with that dude in a hurry!), and the other in the hands of a criminal as he was running away from the police.

I'd say that's not bad??

Oh. In the maybe total of 3 weeks I spent in the USA, I saw a gun (shotgun) aimed at our car within the 1st 15 mins of entering the country. lol. Thankfully it has stayed at 1 since then... but I know by the stats that guns are far more common there.

Actually, in rural areas, farmers in Canada often have a gun for dealing with rabid wildlife, and so on. And that is true in the USA also. I can see how if when you call 911 and request police, and then you have to wait 30-60 mins for them to get there... (Or even longer, sometimes!) ...then you might consider keeping a gun yourself. If something bad is going to happen, 30 mins later, whatever was going to haoppen will have already taken place, and there's a need to protect yourself.

(03-24-2019, 09:40 PM)samira Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 08:40 PM)7shoes Wrote: "A firearm can save you life"

Then a nuclear weapon can as well. Every house should have a mini continental rocket in its front garden! Idea

Now I know what your house in Germany will look like!

It should be easy to spot, with the front garden silo! Wink
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
In Croatia its pretty much illegal to posses a gun. But  there are special regulations reserved for police officers, members of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Croatia, judicial police, other state bodies and security guards.

But keep in mind that 1/8 citizens in Croatia illegally posses a gun
And  just like squirrel said, a lot of farmers posses a gun

Just before couple of months my neighbor literally threw a hand grenade in a garden -_-
And ofc u wont get punished cuz police in Croatia pretty much sucks lol (I even once almost got hit by a police car cuz looks like they dont know that u cant be on a phone while driving AND DAT U HAVE TO STOP ON A RED LIGHT! (and ofc he didnt even cared,he just left lol))
(Signature had to be removed due to the possibility of causing seizures)

[Image: ff67246f342a8808171d075243546464.gif]

huh I calmed em down for a bit xD  (for now)