Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hastily coded new website
This is the promised update on what I'm doing. Sorry to disappoint the now dead group of people who used to play Pointless Clicker (as a way of auto-inflicting pain?), but there's no update on the game. Next time, perhaps before Armageddon!

The website contains a list of projects I'm currently working on so that you can keep tract of my projects without joining my discord group. I'll eventually re-code it to include more than partial support for smart phones. There will also be more links and stuff. Do not visit my website and any other of my projects if you are epileptic. You've been warned. It probably contains typos, so if you spot any, don't be surprised or indignant, just tell me.

doigt.ca
[-] The following 4 users Like Doigt's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , Reaction , Sora, Squirrel
(10-03-2018, 04:18 AM)Doigt Wrote: This is the promised update on what I'm doing. Sorry to disappoint the now dead group of people who used to play Pointless Clicker (as a way of auto-inflicting pain?), but there's no update on the game. Next time, perhaps before Armageddon!

The website contains a list of projects I'm currently working on so that you can keep tract of my projects without joining my discord group. I'll eventually re-code it to include more than partial support for smart phones. There will also be more links and stuff. Do not visit my website and any other of my projects if you are epileptic. You've been warned. It probably contains typos, so if you spot any, don't be surprised or indignant, just tell me.

doigt.ca

Doigt.ca

:O

Are you a Canuck, like me? Did I know this before? (Probably, lol)

If it were me, the top listed project would be...
  • List of projects being worked on.

Somehow I would then set out to confound friends efforts to figure out what those were, and offer them mental advice from a Crazy Canuck instead. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Doigt
(10-03-2018, 06:49 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Doigt.ca

:O

Are you a Canuck, like me?  Did I know this before? (Probably, lol)

If it were me, the top listed project would be...
  • List of projects being worked on.

Somehow I would then set out to confound friends efforts to figure out what those were, and offer them mental advice from a Crazy Canuck instead. Big Grin

You know you knew that I am Canadian. (although, I prefer to say that I am Québécois, however I am not a separatist)

And yes, the list sometimes get so big that it becomes a project of its own to maintain it. I had to purge a couple of projects a few months ago when I realised that the list was getting too big again!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • Squirrel
Mini Bump:
[Image: aw6Of3W.png]
I've done it, I am now a divinity within my own joke universe. #waystoinflateonesego
*please note that the word "bitch" here is not used in the unsavoury sense. Taken out of context, it may seem like so, but the in-universe explanation is that the birds won't stop saying that word each time they speak.
(10-27-2018, 06:01 AM)Doigt Wrote: Mini Bump:
[Image: aw6Of3W.png]
I've done it, I am now a divinity within my own joke universe. #waystoinflateonesego
*please note that the word "bitch" here is not used in the unsavoury sense. Taken out of context, it may seem like so, but the in-universe explanation is that the birds won't stop saying that word each time they speak.

Gahhhh, dat looks like an image of a weed leaf!

I am so sick of seeing that, lately!

And sadly, I'm pretty sure I'll be even sicker of smelling it soon. Sad
Fight the Good Fight
(10-27-2018, 01:46 PM)Squirrel Wrote: Gahhhh, dat looks like an image of a weed leaf!

I am so sick of seeing that, lately!

And sadly, I'm pretty sure I'll be even sicker of smelling it soon. Sad

This project is older than the whole weed hype discussion occurring in Canada. It's very unfortunate that my motivation to finally make a proper website for the project comes at such an inopportune time. While weed is pretty important in the early lore, it remains a very minor element of the whole story. I hope that this will not have much of an impact on the people's opinions about this, but what can I say? What's done is done.

It's not the worst thing I have to worry about. The Quebec government has enacted very stupid strict laws regarding the terms and symbols which could represent weed. The lore I have created could be interpreted as being indirect advertising for the use of weed. If that's the case, it violates several points of the law* which could land me in trouble ($5,000 fine). So I may have to either self-censor most of my work by removing the infringing parts of the story or just wait until the laws become less ambiguous and/or more lax.

I wonder if I could get away with it by saying the laws don't apply to me since my website is hosted in the UK and as such UK laws should prevail? Nah, not going to risk it.

*http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc...18C19F.PDF Section 3, page 39
(10-27-2018, 05:49 PM)Doigt Wrote: This project is older than the whole weed hype discussion occurring in Canada. It's very unfortunate that my motivation to finally make a proper website for the project comes at such an inopportune time. While weed is pretty important in the early lore, it remains a very minor element of the whole story. I hope that this will not have much of an impact on the people's opinions about this, but what can I say? What's done is done.

It's not the worst thing I have to worry about. The Quebec government has enacted very stupid strict laws regarding the terms and symbols which could represent weed. The lore I have created could be interpreted as being indirect advertising for the use of weed. If that's the case, it violates several points of the law* which could land me in trouble ($5,000 fine). So I may have to either self-censor most of my work by removing the infringing parts of the story or just wait until the laws become less ambiguous and/or more lax.

I wonder if I could get away with it by saying the laws don't apply to me since my website is hosted in the UK and as such UK laws should prevail? Nah, not going to risk it.

*http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc...18C19F.PDF Section 3, page 39

Many people have chosen a hosting provider to get outside of their own country, so that they are not bound to the laws of their own country.

I'd say that that's why most compoanies would do it.

With the new EU link tax coming, I guess you're okay, because Britain is on the glide path to get out of the EU.
(That is the dumbest thing that the EU has ever done, in my books.)

I had no idea of the laws in Quebec with respect to weed, but knowing how strict they've been with the english ;anguage there, I'm not fully surprised?

You are an intelligent guy -- it actually makes me more intrigued now, to know what this pot-encroaching project is about!

And I think you could pose your question to a few IT/legal experts in Canada, who could tell you what your risks, if any, would be.
Fight the Good Fight
Squirrel Wrote:With the new EU link tax coming, I guess you're okay, because Britain is on the glide path to get out of the EU.
(That is the dumbest thing that the EU has ever done, in my books.)

And I'm glad I chose well. These days, you can't be too sure, laws and regulations are tightening everywhere. While the 20th century was one of increased civil rights world wide, the 21st century starts as a century where our rights everywhere are decreasing and where our lives are more tightly regulated than ever. Our freedom to be is lost somewhere on Mars.

Squirrel Wrote:I had no idea of the laws in Quebec with respect to weed, but knowing how strict they've been with the english ;anguage there, I'm not fully surprised?
You do not understand what it's like to be surrounded by a single dominant culture from all sides and having your culture be threatened to disappear. Our law regarding language is not meant to oppress, whatever and wherever you may have heard that crap, it is meant for our survival as a cultural group. The analogy here stinks and is absolutely in no way related to the subject matter here. But if you must absolutely debate the matter, I suggest that you do what very few Canadians do: look at the issue from our perspective instead of simply assuming things are the way they seem to be.

Squirrel Wrote:You are an intelligent guy -- it actually makes me more intrigued now, to know what this pot-encroaching project is about!
It's a bit silly to be honest. It's not a very serious project. In brief, it's a little funny (and weird) universe for the tabletop rpg system I'm working on. The comedy used goes very deep into the absurd, but it's mixed with a bit of seriousness so as to prevent minds with a weakness to pure stupidity from exploding. The lore is based on the original Sandbox universe I created with other internet friends. There are more or less three distinct epochs in Sandbox: When the Spirits ruled, when Spaghetti became the meaning of life and when Weed became a sort of demi god plant which could influence how things are on a scale much more limited than when the Spirits ruled the universe . In comparison, the Weed Plant needs the World Made Better Device to be constantly running or else the little dominion it has built on earth will crumble. Spoiler Alert, the WMBD eventually gets a downgrade and the Plant's empire falls so quickly nobody even notices that it's gone.

Squirrel Wrote:And I think you could pose your question to a few IT/legal experts in Canada, who could tell you what your risks, if any, would be.
I will try if possible. The law regarding pot is very ambiguous and is not as well written as it should be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • Squirrel
(10-28-2018, 05:47 AM)Doigt Wrote: And I'm glad I chose well. These days, you can't be too sure, laws and regulations are tightening everywhere. While the 20th century was one of increased civil rights world wide, the 21st century starts as a century where our rights everywhere are decreasing and where our lives are more tightly regulated than ever. Our freedom to be is lost somewhere on Mars.

YES!!!
I can't "over-like" your message, but you get it, exactly! The threat of terrorism is great, sure, but we should not have our rights infringed on because of this threat!

Net Neutrality must prevail!

(10-28-2018, 05:47 AM)Doigt Wrote: You do not understand what it's like to be surrounded by a single dominant culture from all sides and having your culture be threatened to disappear. Our law regarding language is not meant to oppress, whatever and wherever you may have heard that crap, it is meant for our survival as a cultural group. The analogy here stinks and is absolutely in no way related to the subject matter here. But if you must absolutely debate the matter, I suggest that you do what very few Canadians do: look at the issue from our perspective instead of simply assuming things are the way they seem to be.
You assumed that I was against your language laws! Wink No, rather I support them, and understand! And I'd suggest that the number of french-speaking communities in eastern Ontario, and New Brunswick, and so on, are signs that it has worked!

Quebec is a very important pat of my Canada, and in order to keep Quebec, we have to keep her perspective in mind, and make sure that she is happy!

(10-28-2018, 05:47 AM)Doigt Wrote: It's a bit silly to be honest. It's not a very serious project. In brief, it's a little funny (and weird) universe for the tabletop rpg system I'm working on. The comedy used goes very deep into the absurd, but it's mixed with a bit of seriousness so as to prevent minds with a weakness to pure stupidity from exploding. The lore is based on the original Sandbox universe I created with other internet friends. There are more or less three distinct epochs in Sandbox: When the Spirits ruled, when Spaghetti became the meaning of life and when Weed became a sort of demi god plant which could influence how things are on a scale much more limited than when the Spirits ruled the universe . In comparison, the Weed Plant needs the World Made Better Device to be constantly running or else the little dominion it has built on earth will crumble. Spoiler Alert, the WMBD eventually gets a downgrade and the Plant's empire falls so quickly nobody even notices that it's gone.
I read that a few times, and I still don't know what I read, but now my head hurts! lol

So the site itself will be an RPG? That sounds good to me! Hopefully one can get into the whacked-out bits slowly, and it will make more sense then? lol

(10-28-2018, 05:47 AM)Doigt Wrote: I will try if possible. The law regarding pot is very ambiguous and is not as well written as it should be.

The whole reason for the Liberal support of pot, was to appeal to younger voters (similar to our 'failed history teacher' PM himself). so yes it was rushed through. and is poorly written. There are many issues which will need to be flushed out.

If they essentially just want to seize all the profit from mirijauna, and wrest it away from gangs and criminal organizations, I'm in favour. But I have a feeling that at most, it will start a price war over pot.... and that gangs will just undercut the gov't by a bit, and life will go on as it has before. Sad
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Doigt
Seems like a cewl website @Doigt , very respectable Heart