Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Your big three anime"
What are the the 3 animes that you watch when you was young and maybe you still watch. (For my part I'm not so old so it does not make much time but for some members here...)

So, I have been a big fan of Scooby-Doo, The mysterious cities of gold and maybe the one that I prefer : Inspector Gadget.

Your turn!
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

Change my looks but not my heart !
            - Italiano boi
(09-18-2018, 07:04 PM)7shoes Wrote: What are the the 3 animes that you watch when you was young and maybe you still watch. (For my part I'm not so old so it does not make much time but for some members here...)

So, I have been a big fan of Scooby-Doo, The mysterious cities of gold and maybe the one that I prefer : Inspector Gadget.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Scooby-Doo, and Inspector Gadget cartoons??

Hmm. Maybe 'anime' is just the Japanese word for cartoons... what do I know.

But I do know this. I watched zero anime as a child. I may have watched one more recently, because I know anime has come up before here... and part of getting to know someone better is checking out the things they like.

But even if I was right about 'anime = Japanese(cartoon)', it's still true. I had no TV at any time as a child, and did not like animation, in general.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • 7shoes, FilipCro125
Hmm... well now, I do not quite remember my young ages xD but I know that I was watching DBZ, Yu-gi-oh and Blayblade od a TV lol ( although I dont remember any of it xD )
(Signature had to be removed due to the possibility of causing seizures)

[Image: ff67246f342a8808171d075243546464.gif]

huh I calmed em down for a bit xD  (for now)

Well, I think it's difficult to say "It's a cartoon and It's an anime" because (maybe I'm in the total wrong) it will depends of many things like the date of creation, which technology has been use and many more that I probable can't understand. But for my part I consider Scooby-Doo as an anime but it's not really important I think, it will depends of the person.

Second maybe not for the same reasons but I don't have TV in my home (I always looks like a steanhe guy who comes from an other planet when I say this to someone, probably because it's true...) so cartoons/anime were my time killer during holidays...
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

Change my looks but not my heart !
            - Italiano boi
[-] The following 1 user Likes 7shoes's post:
  • Squirrel
(09-18-2018, 07:56 PM)7shoes Wrote: Well, I think it's difficult to say "It's a cartoon and It's an anime" because (maybe I'm in the total wrong) it will depends of many things like the date of creation, which technology has been use and many more that I probable can't understand. But for my part I consider Scooby-Doo as an anime but it's not really important I think, it will depends of the person.

Second maybe not for the same reasons but I don't have TV in my home (I always looks like a steanhe guy who comes from an other planet when I say this to someone, probably because it's true...) so cartoons/anime were my time killer during holidays...

Well, I answered my own question.. tried Google Japanese to English, put in 'amime', and the result was just 'anime', which is what it does when it doesn't know of a translation. (But can you express Japanese writing in english letters... it's quite likely there that you can't, which would also mean the jury is still out on that.)

My family just didn't have a TV because we weren't well off. I do remember, when I was a bit older, and liked to watch Star Trek (TNG), I'd invite myself to a friends place for new episodes... (lol) And yeah, they knew why I was there.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!