Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How works studies in your country?
So today I'm back to school, and I think it can be fun that everyone share how works studies in his country.
Here an image whose show you school system in France since 3 years old to 25 years old (for few works it can be more) 

[Image: 1535975579-scolaire.jpeg]
"Ecole Primaire" (Primary School)

So we (really start school at the age of 6 years, we enter in a school called Ecole Primaire, the equivalent of Primary school in England (I don't really now how it works in Wales etc. But I now it's a bit like in England) We stay in "Ecole primaire" during 5 years. During this 5 years we learn basical knowledge, mathematiques, French, a bit History and very fast during the last year some English words. (Yeah we learn new languages very late in France).

"Collège"
After we enter in "Collège" Notice  it's not the same thing as in other country, ( "collège and lycée") were the same school 50 years ago) So we stay 4 years in College, and the last year we have a test called "Brevet des collèges", it's very easy, the most part of time it's just a random fact for students.

"Lycée"
Finally, we enter in the last obligatory school, called Lycée, we will stay "only" 3 years in, the first year called 2nd is a "cool" year, no exams or other,
Before continuing you need to know that there has been a reform (like always in France lol) and the Lycée system has changed, so I will try to explain the old (easy to understand) and the new (hard to explain and to understand lol)

1) Old system
so in the old system there was 3 ways (more in technologic way but I can't explain it here) those 3 ways  were called S for sciences L for Littérature and Es for Economic and Social. At the end of the 2nd (15-16years old)  we had to choose on of those 3 ways. In S it was mostly, maths, Biology, Informatik... whit few hours of philosophy, language and history. L, mostly language, french, art study philosophy, History. Es mostly Economic, Geopolitical, World History and more. Notice that it's for the "générale" way.

2) New system
Now we need to choose "options" there are a lot of options but I will try to list them, here a non-exhaustive list : Informatik, Mathematiques, Geopolitical, Economic, Art, 3rd Language, Music...) We have to choose 3 options. For the year called Premiere (the second year of the "Lycée"). This way as for the old system is called "générale"
All the marks/grades (I don't know the right word sorry) that we will have since this Premiere will count for the final exams.
And our last year, the "Terminale", at this end of it the final exams  called Baccalauréat the Abitur in Germany (Everyone say Bac like Abi for those who know).

Other ways :

So during the college when we have 14 years old we an choose to start "short studies", to become baker, Florist, Cooker, Technical support in a garage, they look very bad in france and are absoluty not valued, only maybe for cooker or other jobs like this one if you learn the job in a good restauration school. You can also strat those studies when you have finish your college at this age of 15 years old.

Technological ways : as I wrote you can strat them before but mostly of students who wants to become informatician, technician and other make this way. The most part of lycée propose technogical ways and the "générale" way.
Whit your "Bac" you can't make anything in France, only few bad jobs that's why everyone start high studies but if I try to explain you this it will be veryyyy confuse. You can also make alternative studies if you want to become baker or other jobs lije this but they look very bad in France.
So I think it's all, I know my thread is very confuse, ask me if you do not understand something.

Whit your "Bac" you can't make anything in France, only few bad jobs that's why everyone start high studies but if I try to explain you this it will be veryyyy confuse. You can also make alternative studies if you want to become baker or other jobs lije this but they look very bad in France.
So I think it's all, I know my thread is very confuse, ask me if you do not understand something.
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

Change my looks but not my heart !
            - Italiano boi
[-] The following 1 user Likes 7shoes's post:
  • Squirrel
(09-03-2018, 12:25 PM)7shoes Wrote: So today I'm back to school, and I think it can be fun that everyone share how works studies in his country.
Here an image whose show you school system in France since 3 years old to 25 years old (for few works it can be more) 

[Image: 1535975579-scolaire.jpeg]

So we (really start school at the age of 6 years, we enter in a school called Ecole Primaire, the equivalent of Primary school in England (I don't really now how it works in Wales etc. But I now it's a bit like in England) We stay in "Ecole primaire" during 5 years. During this 5 years we learn basical knowledge, mathematiques, French, a bit History and very fast during the last year some English words. (Yeah we learn new languages very late in France). After we enter in "Collège" Notice  it's not the same thing as in other country, ( "collège and lycée") were the same school 50 years ago) So we stay 4 years in College, and the last year we have a test called "Brevet des collèges", it's very easy, the most part of time it's just a random fact for students. Finally, we enter in the last obligatory school, called Lycée, we will stay "only" 3 years in, the first year called 2nd is a "cool" year m, no exams or other,
Before continuing you need to know that there has been a reform (like always in France lol) and the Lycée system has changed, so I will try to explain the old (easy to understand) and the new (hard to explain and to understand lol) so in the old system there was 3 ways (more in technologic way but I can't explain it here) those 3 ways  were called S for sciences L for Littérature and Es for Economic and Social. At the end of the 2nd we had to choose on of those 3 ways.  Now we need to choose "options" there are a lot of options but here a non-exhaustive list : Informatik, Mathematiques, Geopolitical, Economic, Art, 3rd Language, Music...) We have to choose 3 options. For the year called Premiere (the second year of the "Lycée"). All the marks/grades (I don't know the right word sorry) that we will have since this Premiere will count for the final exams. And our last year, the "Terminale" m, at this end of it the final exams  called Baccalauréat the Abitur in Germany (Everyone say Bac like Abi for this who know).

Yea we were also today at school (although we were doing nothing lol)
Well now, here we start with school at age of 6 and 7 ( I started at age of 6 lol)

RATING : Our grading system is made of numbers lol

1- Insufficiently or horrible XD
2- Enough, you just barely passed test or grade XD
3-Good
4- Very Good ( this is mostly my grade lol)
5- Excellent, the highest rating u can get

FIRST GRADE
We are learning some basics like Croatian then reading, writing and alphabet (although there was one guy in high school (was in my class) who didnt knew it XD) then we have subtraction and addition.

SECOND GRADE
We are learning multiplication and partition and that new type of writing (that fancy letters)

THIRD GRADE
We are learning multiplication and partition with three-digit numbers and addition and subtraction with four-digit numbers

FOURTH GRADE
This is just like an upgraded THIRD GRADE XD, addition and subtraction up to 1 mill and multiplication and partition, I think it is 1k (idk) lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIFTH GRADE
Well now, this is like some milestone, before about 30 years it was very rare to reach this grade lol but today well pretty much everyone will reach it, so here we have some new school subjects (History, geography, IT, Technical Education and I think thats it XD)

SIXTH GRADE
Pretty much same as FIFTH GRADE just harder for a bit

SEVENTH GRADE
We get new school subjects ( Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and this is btw the harder grade in elementary school

EIGHT GRADE
Same as SEVENTH GRADE but well, for some its easier and for some its harder lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIGH SCHOOL BEGINS ( I think , I still dont know difference between High School and Middle school lol)

I saw that in America they are saying 12th grade, 13th grade etc but here we are just like :
Some random guy : Hey kid what grade you are
You : Second ( we do not say 2nd grade of high school but just SECOND XD he can see by ur appearance that ur not in elementary school lol))

If you chose a profession made of 3 years, then after u pass it ur going to work
If you chose a profession made of 4 years, then u can choose if you will continue with school or will u start to work

Well now, u have 4 choices xD ( at least in my place, if you were looking at some bigger cities u will have more of em like medical school etc) .

1.)  Gimnazija or Gymnasium - This is like school where all that guys that like got every test with perfect score XD, after they finish it then they must go on a college (they can go to work but it will be impossible to find a job ). There are 3 categories of Gymnasium and that are : General, Language and Mathematical
2.) Ekonomska Škola or Economic School - For that guys that are interested in economic (there is no number of passing points for every profession) and I think there are 4 and 3 years professions
3.) Strukovna Škola or Vocational School - Three year school, professions like chef, hairdresser etc.
4.) Tehnička Škola or Technical School (btw this is where Im going lol) - It is supposed to be a school for guys interested in technics, there are 4 and 3 years professions (Im going at that one with 4 years lol)

If you live in some bigger place then there will be more options (like Medical School).

And after every grade there is initial test of knowledge.

----College---

Im not going to college yet so idk XD
(Signature had to be removed due to the possibility of causing seizures)

[Image: ff67246f342a8808171d075243546464.gif]

huh I calmed em down for a bit xD  (for now)

[-] The following 2 users Like FilipCro125's post:
  • 7shoes, Squirrel
@FilioCro125 Very nice post I will try to make my mine better when I will have the time.

So, our grading system is made of number too between 0/20 to 20/20 (for the normal exams, for final exams it can go to 40, 50, 80 or more. More you number is high better is it. After all our marks/grading are compilated to make average. (for all subjects of course)

Between 11 years old and 14-15 you mostly have marks like 10/20 15/20 sometimes under 10 but rarely so it really depends of the person you can of course have 19/20 or 20 in Maths if you know really good your lessons.
I know that in very high studies if you have 5/20 you're litteraly a god, cause' the most part of time you have under 0 lol
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

- Italiano boi
Here every teacher has his own standards for passing an exam. On math u must have at least 40% of correct answers to pass and exam lol, while on FEE we can use textbook while writing test XD.

I was able to find some pic lol.
[Image: cce7634b341238a6253f0e1176fcbeda.gif]
(Signature had to be removed due to the possibility of causing seizures)

[Image: ff67246f342a8808171d075243546464.gif]

huh I calmed em down for a bit xD  (for now)

[-] The following 1 user Likes FilipCro125's post:
  • Squirrel
Update my thread, i think it should be a bit more clear now.

- Italiano boi
I'm surprised at how different things can be (and yet still mostly the same) from one country to another!

Here is the way things are in Canada:

You can start going to school as early as 4 years of age. That year would be called 'Junior Kindergarten', and while there is a bit of learning, it's more opportunities to start socializing, and doing things as a group.

Elementary School: (Ages 4-13)
Kindergarten: Very similar to the above Junior Kindergarten.
Grades 1 through 5: You start learning things, and it is divided into broad 'subjects'. (English, math, science, music, and gym; you also start taking French, since French is an official language in Canada) Grades 1-5 can also be referred to as 'Primary School'.
Evaluation is done by 'Letter Grades', A being the best and F being the worst.
Grades 6 through 8: More of the same, but you introduce more subjects (geography, history, splitting sciences into biology, chemistry and physics) These grades are sometimes referred to collectively as 'Middle School', but it is not uncommon for grades 1 through 8 to be covered in a single school, rather than two separate ones.

High School: (Ages 14-17)
In high school, the learning turns more earnest, with regular tests, exams, and evaluation on a year done as a 'percent' (x/100).
Subjects diversify again, but staying fairly broad. (Computer science, family studies, more languages, 'shop' courses such as electricity, machine shop, auto shop, architectural drafting, woodworking) Students can choose their own subjects, to some degree, with certain requirements for graduation (6 language arts credits, 6 math credits, 4 'social science' credits), for a total of not less than 32.

Some students will quit at this point, but job prospects are... slim, unless you work for a small business, who will take the best workers they can get, and pay the least money.

Students who go on, at this point have two choices, and go either to a Technical/Community College, or to an accredited University.

College:
The programs in colleges are more 'hands on' learning. Some computer courses, accounting, marketing, and a wide range of other courses meant to teach you things that you would actually need to do in various jobs. Programs can be either 2 or 3 years long. Upon completion, you would likely have a 'Certificate' yo show you'd completed a program.

University:
In University, the learning turns severe. I describe it as, "learning to make your mind jump through hoops according to your individual professor's demands." There is theory and practical components, but the theory also includes the "theoretical". (Ie: In math, 'theoretical calculus' includes working with math in the nth dimension, even though it becomes impossible to visualize beyond the 4th dimension.)
There are a variety of programs, some harder, some easier. (Computer science, economics, chemistry, physics and psychology are examples of a hard ones; and English literature, Communications, various History programs are examples of easier ones.)

University programs are either 3 or 4 years long, and successful completion gives you a degree. There are three types of degrees: Bachelors (all 3 year programs, and some 4); with an additional year, you can receive a 'Masters' degree. And after completing a Masters, you can choose to work on a dissertation in your field on something new (no papers published on it before) upon which, if accepted by a [anel, you receive a 'Doctorate' (also called PhD) degree.

In University, evaluation within courses may be done as a percent, but this is converted into a simpler number from 1 through 4, and collectively referred to as your 'Grade Point Average' or GPA. with 1 being poor, and 4.0 being the highest.)

Doctors also do additional years of study. First, you must receive a 3 or 4 year 'undergraduate' degree, as per regular university programs. Then, a one year program called 'Pre-Med', followed by 'Medical School' within their university for 5 years. They become a doctor after completing a two-year 'residency' program in conjuction with a local hospital.

Lawyers also are required to do additional study, as per doctors. They become lawyers after a 1 year 'articling' program with an approved law firm, and passing a final exam called 'the bar'.

Canada freely invites people from other countries to come here for University Studies, but they are generally charged twice as much money for the privilege.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • 7shoes, FilipCro125
Oh no. This is going to be a hard one.

I was born in England but have lived in Spain for 5 years. The Spanish school education system is hard to learn
[Image: sistemaeducativo.jpg]

Priamary School
A priamary School in Spain, often known as a CEIP "SCHOOL NAME" (Centro de educación infantil y primaria) is for ages 4-12. It is just a regular school.

Secondary school
A secondary school in Spain, often known as IES "School name" (Instituto de Educación Secundaria) is ages 12-18. It is made up of "Circulos" Year 1 and 2 is 1ºcirculo and Year 3 and 4 is 2ºcirculo.

From year 3 you can start to choose to study Aplicadas or Academicas.
-Aplicadas prepares you for a FORMACIÓN PROFESIONAL which is college to prepare you for a job such as I.T, Hospitality, Administration, law etc. This is easier than Academicas.

-Academicas prepares you for upper High school education called BACHILLERATO, which is a two year upper high school to prepare you for University.

If you don't receive at least a 5 in all but two classes, you must repeat/redo a year. you cannot repeat a year more than once. (A 5 is the equivalent to a C) if you cannot receive the High school degree, you are able to apply for a FORMACION PROFESIONAL BASICA

that is up to College. If you want i can explain more or anymore questions.

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Breakfast 's post:
  • Squirrel