Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Save SOLO players
Hello guys,

I hope you are all doing fine. I just knew about this game one week ago and I spent 6 hours per day playing, it is a fantastic game. However, teams destroy the game. They can control the play without even using one powerup because they work as groups. I'm one of those players who enjoy playing SOLO. The problem is that I paid a lot of money to beat them but in the end, they win because I run out of credits. 

Remeber, if something is done to support SOLO players, most of us will likely play individually rather than as groups. The problem is that Agario failed to do so currently so I came here. I can beat teams here easily I agree but it will cost a lot. 

My suggestions are: 

1- Offer a monthly membership that has limited items on a daily basis. Many SOLO players will buy it if this will help them fight teams. 

2- The power ratio between teams and SOLOs should be balanced. If one splits many times per minute, then he must lose a lot of value. The difference between SOLO and teams is in the number of splits.

The idea of holes is very very helpful because this way teams get lost and they keep searching for each other. However, when I hole someone, his partner would follow because he afraid to fight alone so he will enter the hole too. 

Please, save SOLO players and don't let them leave the game. 

Thanks and sorry for grammar mistakes. 
Mahran
[-] The following 3 users Like mahran's post:
  • Owl , Sora, Squirrel
(08-14-2018, 01:08 PM)mahran Wrote: Hello guys,

I hope you are all doing fine. I just knew about this game one week ago and I spent 6 hours per day playing, it is a fantastic game. However, teams destroy the game. They can control the play without even using one powerup because they work as groups. I'm one of those players who enjoy playing SOLO. The problem is that I paid a lot of money to beat them but in the end, they win because I run out of credits. 

Remeber, if something is done to support SOLO players, most of us will likely play individually rather than as groups. The problem is that Agario failed to do so currently so I came here. I can beat teams here easily I agree but it will cost a lot. 

My suggestions are: 

1- Offer a monthly membership that has limited items on a daily basis. Many SOLO players will buy it if this will help them fight teams. 

2- The power ratio between teams and SOLOs should be balanced. If one splits many times per minute, then he must lose a lot of value. The difference between SOLO and teams is in the number of splits.

The idea of holes is very very helpful because this way teams get lost and they keep searching for each other. However, when I hole someone, his partner would follow because he afraid to fight alone so he will enter the hole too. 

Mahran

We have another thread where we're talking about how hard it is to get the game to recognize teamers as teamers...

It's hard to get the game to do it.

Miniclip did try... but it didn't work.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • mahran
(08-14-2018, 02:22 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 01:08 PM)mahran Wrote: Hello guys,

My suggestions are: 

Mahran

We have another thread where we're talking about how hard it is to get the game to recognize teamers as teamers...

It's hard to get the game to do it.

Miniclip did try... but it didn't work.

Oh man it is pain. The same names every day keep eating every one. The power ratio in the game is not balanced. You cannot as SOLO beat them unless u have a lot of paid items which u cant buy every day. 

As Agario, it seems Agma has the same issue. I quit playing Agario and Agma from today and I will spend my money on something else enjoyable. Time for relaxing LOL 

Good luck, 
Mahran
(08-15-2018, 02:15 AM)mahran Wrote: Oh man it is pain. The same names every day keep eating every one. The power ratio in the game is not balanced. You cannot as SOLO beat them unless u have a lot of paid items which u cant buy every day. 

As Agario, it seems Agma has the same issue. I quit playing Agario and Agma from today and I will spend my money on something else enjoyable. Time for relaxing LOL 

Good luck, 
Mahran

I never really find it to be a problem. Yes, the teams have a HUGE advantage over you as just one guy. And I could see that if you're really competitive, and "losing" infuriates you, I can see those sprts quitting in droves.

But the purpose for a game is also tyo have fun... and if you know in your mind what the team has as an advantage over you, then I think you can not let it bother you, and keep on truckin'.

Yes, teams get me. But every now and then I capitalize on their mistakes and kill the whole team. Many times, I settle for just killing the smaller of the two. And when I feel like it, I'll heckle them from the chat line. I know they have the huge advantage, and don't let it bother me.

I feel that being able to do that, is also a skill (a mental one), that comes in handy during your life here and there.
Fight the Good Fight
(08-15-2018, 05:04 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 02:15 AM)mahran Wrote: Oh man it is pain. The same names every day keep eating every one. The power ratio in the game is not balanced. You cannot as SOLO beat them unless u have a lot of paid items which u cant buy every day. 

Good luck, 
Mahran

I never really find it to be a problem. Yes, the teams have a HUGE advantage over you as just one guy. And I could see that if you're really competitive, and "losing" infuriates you, I can see those sprts quitting in droves.

But the purpose for a game is also tyo have fun... and if you know in your mind what the team has as an advantage over you, then I think you can not let it bother you, and keep on truckin'.

Yes, teams get me. But every now and then I capitalize on their mistakes and kill the whole team. Many times, I settle for just killing the smaller of the two. And when I feel like it, I'll heckle them from the chat line. I know they have the huge advantage, and don't let it bother me.

I feel that being able to do that, is also a skill (a mental one), that comes in handy during your life here and there.

Actually, you are right. People choose to play to have fun. Before three years ago I started playing Agario, being SOLO was fun and you can easily beat teams. I don't know what happens in the last year. The game becomes insane for SOLO. I found agma then and at the beginning, I like it because finally you can beat teams by using items. However, I found that if you don't have items, you would be destroyed easily so there is no point to spend a lot of money to beat teams. Let them control, maybe Miniclip could find a solution then we might come back.
(08-15-2018, 10:46 AM)mahran Wrote: Actually, you are right. People choose to play to have fun. Before three years ago I started playing Agario, being SOLO was fun and you can easily beat teams. I don't know what happens in the last year. The game becomes insane for SOLO. I found agma then and at the beginning, I like it because finally you can beat teams by using items. However, I found that if you don't have items, you would be destroyed easily so there is no point to spend a lot of money to beat teams. Let them control, maybe Miniclip could find a solution then we might come back.

You don't need to pay money to get the items, if you don't want to. You could try out the "Supersonic" servers (there's one in each the NA and EU zones) where you can obtain coins quite rapidly. (I have over 8.5M of them now, lol.) But I'm still hesitant to become like the people I heckle, who need to either team or use powerups to defeat me consistently.
Fight the Good Fight
  • mahran
(08-15-2018, 01:43 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-15-2018, 10:46 AM)mahran Wrote: Actually, you are right. People choose to play to have fun. Before three years ago I started playing Agario, being SOLO was fun and you can easily beat teams. I don't know what happens in the last year. The game becomes insane for SOLO. I found agma then and at the beginning, I like it because finally you can beat teams by using items. However, I found that if you don't have items, you would be destroyed easily so there is no point to spend a lot of money to beat teams. Let them control, maybe Miniclip could find a solution then we might come back.

You don't need to pay money to get the items, if you don't want to. You could try out the "Supersonic" servers (there's one in each the NA and EU zones) where you can obtain coins quite rapidly. (I have over 8.5M of them now, lol.) But I'm still hesitant to become like the people I heckle, who need to either team or use powerups to defeat me consistently.

Thank you for your advice, I don't know about this mode. I try it and seem nice, I think because I get eaten often I feel mad LOL so maybe my skill is better in Agario little bit compared to agma. I start to play hole.io and I like it so much. Maybe after two months or three I might play again agma or agario after they have been developed more to include Solo mode, hopefully. 

Really appreciate your advice, 
Best,
[-] The following 1 user Likes mahran's post:
  • Squirrel
Thanks for your input mahran. A solo only battle royale mode is planned. Teaming will have a disadvantage on the solo server, so players wouldn't team. The idea is to have an efficient non-teaming server, so that it won't disrupt solo players. I definitely see how important it is to have this kind of server. As you mention, powerups is a good way to combo teamers. Maybe you have any ideas for other powerups or suggestions to make it easier for soloers to counter teams? Not long ago, solo tricksplit was made possible on some servers in agma (giant, x_eu_instant, and some others). Solo tricksplit is done by holding down W (macro feed) and holding down Z (macro split) when you have enough mass. It was the right step to implement a slight counter for soloers against teamers. You have any ideas?
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 2 users Like Sora's post:
  • mahran, Owl
(08-15-2018, 04:20 PM)mahran Wrote: Thank you for your advice, I don't know about this mode. I try it and seem nice, I think because I get eaten often I feel mad LOL so maybe my skill is better in Agario little bit compared to agma. I start to play hole.io and I like it so much. Maybe after two months or three I might play again agma or agario after they have been developed more to include Solo mode, hopefully. 

Really appreciate your advice, 
Best,

Hole.io! That game frequently advertises on agar.io mobile. I think it might be the next big game!

[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post:
  • mahran
(08-15-2018, 06:28 PM)Sora Wrote: Thanks for your input mahran. A solo only battle royale mode is planned. Teaming will have a disadvantage on the solo server, so players wouldn't team. The idea is to have an efficient non-teaming server, so that it won't disrupt solo players.  I definitely see how important it is to have this kind of server. As you mention, powerups is a good way to combo teamers. Maybe you have any ideas for other powerups or suggestions to make it easier for soloers to counter teams? Not long ago, solo tricksplit was made possible on some servers in agma (giant, x_eu_instant, and some others). Solo tricksplit is done by holding down W (macro feed) and holding down Z (macro split) when you have enough mass. It was the right step to implement a slight counter for soloers against teamers. You have any ideas?

I think one of the best ways to combat a team is to start dropping portals. A huge dominant team eats up so much of the map, they end up constantly running into one... and you as a solo player can just hang out in the area of your portal, and you can generally manage then.
Fight the Good Fight
  • mahran
(08-15-2018, 06:28 PM)Sora Wrote: Thanks for your input mahran. A solo only battle royale mode is planned. Teaming will have a disadvantage on the solo server, so players wouldn't team. The idea is to have an efficient non-teaming server, so that it won't disrupt solo players.  I definitely see how important it is to have this kind of server. As you mention, powerups is a good way to combo teamers. Maybe you have any ideas for other powerups or suggestions to make it easier for soloers to counter teams? Not long ago, solo tricksplit was made possible on some servers in agma (giant, x_eu_instant, and some others). Solo tricksplit is done by holding down W (macro feed) and holding down Z (macro split) when you have enough mass. It was the right step to implement a slight counter for soloers against teamers. You have any ideas?

It is encouraging to know that the owner himself wants to support solo players, this is good actually. I tell this because Solo players are the majority and teams are the minority. I see clearly in certain servers that the same teams every day control the play and they eat every one, the result solo players leave Agma easily which harm the website in general. We don't want to destroy teams, we want to create a balanced power ratio between them and Solos. 

Squirrel was right, portals are very important. I used hundreds of them and many teams destroyed because of that. However, they figured out a way to remove them easily by I think feeding the portal itself. I think if you reprogram the portal again to be there for 5 minutes no matter what this would be helpful. 

The idea of gold membership is nice, it makes players feel that they are special and belong to Agma, I really like it. In the same way, I think if you could add a paid Solo membership that has a lot of items that are helpful in encountering teams this would be a good step. This way teams would think twice to attack Solos and they might go to teams' servers only.

In terms of suggesting new powerup idea: I see that the existed portals send targeted players to another area in the same server, but what about a new portal that send targeted players to another server? Let's say from Crazy1 to Crazy2. This way we cut the contact within teams entirely and add fun to the game.

Another idea migh be: invisible moderators? who might appear suddenly to destroy teams who dominate a server for so long and give rooms to others to play? idk 

I think Agma is the closest game that has the potential to solve the issue of teams and solos and balance the power ratio because I can assure you that supporting Solos means attracting more visitors.
  • Squirrel
(08-16-2018, 06:57 AM)mahran Wrote: Squirrel was right, portals are very important. I used hundreds of them and many teams destroyed because of that. However, they figured out a way to remove them easily by I think feeding the portal itself. I think if you reprogram the portal again to be there for 5 minutes no matter what this would be helpful. 

The idea of gold membership is nice, it makes players feel that they are special and belong to Agma, I really like it. In the same way, I think if you could add a paid Solo membership that has a lot of items that are helpful in encountering teams this would be a good step. This way teams would think twice to attack Solos and they might go to teams' servers only.

In terms of suggesting new powerup idea: I see that the existed portals send targeted players to another area in the same server, but what about a new portal that send targeted players to another server? Let's say from Crazy1 to Crazy2. This way we cut the contact within teams entirely and add fun to the game.

Another idea migh be: invisible moderators? who might appear suddenly to destroy teams who dominate a server for so long and give rooms to others to play? idk 

I think Agma is the closest game that has the potential to solve the issue of teams and solos and balance the power ratio because I can assure you that supporting Solos means attracting more visitors.

I really like your idea for the portals. It would add CPU cycles, but makes the portals more useful again. (Bit not all teamers have caught on to that.)

Having a portal take one between servers would be far trickier, and would probably demand some delay before appearing ion the new server. You could use this to literally break apart teams, so their partner was on the wrong server.

That would certainly tick them off.

I do thiunk teams have a right to play too, and for example, if you team with a friend, I can see how that would be a lot of fun.

But Teams should play against other teams.

Here's hoping that help is on the way. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
  • mahran
Actually, you are right teams have the right to play but don't have the right to dominate. For example, Gigantic server is completely under the domination of 5 teams from Turkia. I used tens of items yesterday without winning. They are mega teams, so they will eat every new visitor and every new player in the game. Because of this, I don't think Agma will flourish under the current circumstances.
  • Squirrel
(08-18-2018, 11:40 AM)mahran Wrote: Actually, you are right teams have the right to play but don't have the right to dominate. For example, Gigantic server is completely under the domination of 5 teams from Turkia. I used tens of items yesterday without winning. They are mega teams, so they will eat every new visitor and every new player in the game. Because of this, I don't think Agma will flourish under the current circumstances.

I agree... they should be able to play, but not dominate for extended periods of time.

But if I encounter a situation such as you describe... I would just go to a different serevr.

Let them sit in the server by themselves, with no-one to kill but each other.

(Eventually, the programmers may come up with a solution, even though it will be hard.)
Fight the Good Fight
  • mahran
By the way: I was playing with teams ( start to do that as the game forces us to team anyway) and because I'm still learning I use a lot of paid items to destroy other pro teams so I can learn and apply tricks. Then came this guy - his name is Budge - and ate me and my teamer although I used against him many viruses but couldn't win because he uses secret tricks. I like to open the spectate mode while I'm working and eating to see teams and learn from them. It is clear that Budge is the owner of the website or an admin and will appear when there is a recording or an event. He killed and cut my game just because there is a guy who wanted to record a Youtube video?? This is not a professional behaviour toward your loyal visitors. I'm very sure that he is an admin or something related to the website.

Actually, this made me sad because it was the only time that I dominate a server for one hour. Any comment in this? please,,