Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Idea for game
I have come up with this idea, and this idea consists of a new approach towards the genre of Agario related games. Most Agario related games are based off of trying to become the first in the leaderboard of multiple different players, trying to eat, and not be eaten. Basically, the game is ran from a very skill and competition based aspect. And now people are getting more and more skillful to the point where the games are getting less fun. So I've came up with an entire new idea of making a sandbox based Agario game. And since it will be so intensely focused on its sandbox aspects, I was thinking it could be named something like Agarbox. The thing is, I have no programming knowledge, and believe it or not, I don't want any such profit from making a game like this. The whole purpose towards getting a game made like this, is so that the Agar community doesn't die down. I have a feeling that if we had a sandbox based Agar game related to private servers, that players would be way more engaged and would have a ton of fun experiencing with the games mechanics etc. And I also think it would be quite amazing if such game had advanced settings such as like an Agar.io private server does. I can see Agma.io going very far, it's getting a large player base compared to other Agar.io clones. It's also very well balanced, well designed, and I really think it has great potential. So I've decided I would share this idea with you, as maybe you guys would be able to get it somewhere. A basic summary of the game, is a desktop downloadable application, you can download it from potentially Steam, or Agma.io, and maybe the game could be called Agmabox. It could be like an offline Agar.io private server, but with more features, a really good ui, and advanced player ai so you don't get bored from playing by yourself. I believe that people like myself, and YouTubers etc will be very engaged with a game that had such features on it! You could even use Agma.io to promote the game, and the other way around! People would start making videos about how to make an Agar.io private server, they would put the name in the title ( Agmabox ) if that ends up as the name. And then a lot of private server fanatics will eventually find out about Agmabox. And then this is where I see the game getting promotion on Steam. This means that maybe some larger YouTubers who've not made videos about Agar related games would find it. And some of them will think of it as a cool and addictive sandbox game, and from there on, I could see it becoming a potential trend if everything goes positive. Anyways, I hope that this idea comes to good use, I do not want any credit for it, just being able to make an impact on the community is all I would wish to accomplish from this, and being able to play a new addictive sandbox game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Atomical's post:
  • Owl , Sora
(08-03-2018, 02:12 AM)Atomical Wrote: I have come up with this idea, and this idea consists of a new approach towards the genre of Agario related game.

~some content snipped~

So I've came up with an entire new idea of making a sandbox based Agario game. And since it will be so intensely focused on its sandbox aspects, I was thinking it could be named something like 
Agarbox. 

~more stuff snipped~

You used the word "sandbox" a few times... To me, the only thing that conjures up, is the idea that a 'virtual private server' operates as sort of a 'private sandbox'. I don't know if that was the intent you had -- to associate it that way, but I think in order for an idea to be understood and debatable, we would need more than that.

Describe what is different about this "sandbox" game, and what variants exist now. Describe these "sandbox" attributes that it will be strongly geared towards.

And then we can talk about your idea properly. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)
My idea is a private server based game. It will be like an Agar.io private server, in a downloadable desktop game, you will be able to customize the server and play it offline with ai, and the creativity in it would make it as a sandbox game. You would be able to mess around with the mechanics, and have fun doing as you please at your own free will. Maybe things such as being able to select the level of the ai's intellect, maybe being able to select if certain ai team or not, maybe an inbuilt command prompt where you can type in commands just like on multiogar, and then before you start the server, there can be a server settings where you can customize the server before it starts like on multiogar servers. The reason I want something like this, is because of how infinite it can be, and because there aren't really any Agar related games that are based on such a sandbox aspect.
Sent you a reply about custom gameservers. In agma it would definitely be cool for users to customize their own server and have a shareable link like http://agma.io/servername for their own custom server to share with friends. Many users have asked for it. It may come eventually.
Smarter/better bot AI players is definitely possible, i'll see what can be done.
There's been a similar suggestion: http://agmaforum.com/showthread.php?tid=505
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 2 users Like Sora's post:
  • Owl , Squirrel
@Atomical I Like this idea! You also have to keep in mind, that alot of time is put into Agma and its Features. Making a Separate private server offline, aside from Agma would take a bit timeSmile

Agma has also released Battle Royal! Give it a shot, and see if you have what it takes to reach #1Smile
http://agma.io/

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.