Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you split in 16 pieces after hitting a virus?
QUESTION 1: In party mode when I shoot a virus to 'number 1', then sometimes I'm unlucky that his bigger cell comes on me.

So, how can I know if his bigger or smaller cell comes on or near me when I pop him with a virus?

QUESTION 2: how can I know in which direction another player's cells go to, after I popsplit him?

Even if I am a 1000 mass and my enemy is bigger (say: 1100 mass), still I am able to popsplit and eat him completely if I am lucky enough that first the smaller pieces drop on me (when he hit the virus) and then his bigger pieces drop on me. How can I make it so, that this will happen?

What are the rules where your 16 pieces go when hitting a virus? For example, does it depend on:
  • the amount of W's that filled up a virus. For example: a 132 mass-virus acts different than a 163-virus?
  • your cell size?
  • in how many cells you already are?
QUESTION 3: How can you shoot a virus and hit a player when you are in 2 pieces?

Every pros has done it, there is a big enemy and you quickly split to a virus and shoot a virus to him. Sometimes you hit the enemy with the virus, but other times the virus goes in the other direction because you are in 2 pieces. One of your pieces shoots the virus to the right size, the other to the left side. How can you shoot in such a way that you always shoot the virus to the left side (if there is the enemy)?

The answer to above questions is:
I'm not positive how popping works, but to my understanding, it's like this:
If you have 900 mass and hit a virus (+100 mass) this happens:
One cell (the original) must retain 500 mass
While the remaining mass is greater than 35 and the player has fewer than 16 cells, create a 35 mass cell. For all of these cells, eject them equidistant from each other around the player.
Once the player has been split into 16 cells, if any mass remains, distribute it randomly into one of the 35 mass cells. The maximum size for one of these cells is 1/2 of the original cell, so in this case its size could not exceed 250.
If any mass remains after distributing the leftover mass from the above, repeat the same process, only the maximum size of the cell is 1/2 of what it was previously (in this example, 125, then 62.5, etc.)
Additionally, the rotation of the "circle" of cells that eject around you is random, so there's no way of knowing where the big pieces are going to go.
If you're in 2 cells and want to shoot a virus, target the virus with both cells (put the cursor over the virus) for the first 2-3 shots, then target the virus with only one cell when the next W is going to make the virus duplicate. For the last W (the one that fires the virus) you only want one cell targeting it, so that you can make sure the W is coming from the right direction. To do this, mentally draw a straight line through the firing cell, the virus, and the enemy you want to hit, and move the mouse as far in the direction of the enemy as you can. This prevents other cells from unintentionally targeting the virus and shooting it the wrong way.

Question 1 : you can't predict where the enemy cell is going to "explode", because it depends of his mass, the direction HE is going when the virus hit him, and also the angle of the attack. Just a "safe tip" : shoot your viruses from as far as you can... Question 2 : Popsplits aren't a exact science, it depends mostly on the direction that your enemy is going. If he's going directly towards the virus, then you have a good chance of popsplitting him. If he goes back a instant before you split into him, he may just eat you without exploding, or still explode but eat you as well. It depends on his skills ! AND you should be at least as big as him to do so, but being 1,5 bigger is better (less risky).

Question 3 : It's more difficult to aim when into 2 cells, you have to put your 2 cells EXACTLY at the same distance of the virus, and in the EXACT opposite of your target. This is because if your "upper cell" shoots a w being closer than your lower one, it will hit the virus before of course, and if this is the last W needed to virus pop then it will go down instead of where you're aiming.

" you can't predict where the enemy cell is going to "explode", because it depends of his mass, the direction HE is going when the virus hit him, and also the angle of the attack. "

Answer: if a beginner tries to predict the explosion direction then it's not possible. But a god might learn it, I mean, the ingredients are there, a good player will check in which direction his enemy walks to (up, down, left, right) and more obvious is that he can predict in how big his pieces become, especially if you practised popsplit you know if he will split in a smaller and many bigger pieces, or 2 bigger pieces etc. So I agree and disagree with your statement, since you are able to know all those ingredients that you mentioned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes samusmus's post:
  • Squirrel
(07-29-2018, 02:25 PM)samusmus Wrote: QUESTION 1: In party mode when I shoot a virus to 'number 1', then sometimes I'm unlucky that his bigger cell comes on me.

So, how can I know if his bigger or smaller cell comes on or near me when I pop him with a virus?

QUESTION 2: how can I know in which direction another player's cells go to, after I popsplit him?

Even if I am a 1000 mass and my enemy is bigger (say: 1100 mass), still I am able to popsplit and eat him completely if I am lucky enough that first the smaller pieces drop on me (when he hit the virus) and then his bigger pieces drop on me. How can I make it so, that this will happen?

What are the rules where your 16 pieces go when hitting a virus? For example, does it depend on:

Your messages are just as long as mine, so I'm happy to meet you, first of all! Big Grin

You're also quite precise, so I'm carefully going to add a detail that I think wasn't in your message... (about splitting into 16 cells after hitting a virus).

Now, I think you're only concerned with the actual agar.io game, and the mechanics of the other agar-like games (such as agma) can be different, so I'm not sure this always applies....

Interestingly enough, you can never have more than 16 cells. So if you're already split up into 16 cells, you are impervious to the popsplit for a split second or two (until 2 smaller pieces meld into one again).

This is particularly brutal if you're up against a pair of teamers, you facing the small balls of the one guy who's coming at you like clickbait, waiting for you to make a move on his small-stuff, so his partner behind him can slaughter you...

The only defense you have when they are that huge are the viruses, and with the lead guy always split into 16 pieces, regardless of whether they fly through 5 or 10 viruses, it does nothing... because they're already split into the maximum 16 cells.

It's another major reason that I will jaw and mock teamers, because it makes the game so much simpler... there's really no skill at all in becoming the biggest, and it's much easier to maintain, because by staying split up to the maximum 16 cells, you also essentially have virus protection, which is the biggest weapon you can use against them.

Anyways, your messages are awesome so far!

I just dunno if these guys are capable of reading that much! ~grins~
Fight the Good Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PigupJKlOk
Make it worth the price we pay!
(Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fight-the-goo...iumph.html)