Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March For Our Lives
This is quite frankly, something I expected kids in the USA to have rain from the heavens even years ago, and I am so glad to see that they are finally making a concerted effort to have considered changes that need to be made so that there are fewer of our children shot while they are in schools.

As much as I respect the American constitutional right to "bear arms", and the important reasons for that, there does not have to be guns in the schools.

Especially weapons meant to kill as many people as quickly as possible.

I would like to stand up to support this group of (can I say "our", even if I'm a Canuck? I feel that us Canicls and 'Mericans are basically the same, and brothers) our children, and hope that some of you are in a position to join in marches to help your local politicians sit up and take notice.

You will all be voting soon, and your voices DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

I hope that some of you will be able to attend, and be loud, and add your voice to this! They have marches planned for many cities throughout the USA (even here in my hometown in Canada) all planned for:

March 24, 2018 at various times

www.marchforourlives.com

(Even if you can't attend a march, you can still join in! They also have a petition which you can sign on-line.)

PS: This issue goes so much deeper than just guns. And I hope politicians can also be made to consider:
  • helping bullied people before they go crazy and just want to kill everyone they know
  • more of an emphasis on sensitivity; making all people feel included, despite their various differences
  • creating a new stigma that violence of all forms is WRONG
  • ways to protect children from random violence
  • increase efforts to discern people who are possibly becoming violent
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • run SPOT run

Maybe the response will be different after this last tragedy.

CBS / 60 Minutes: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/parkland-sh...interview/

The video might be regionally blocked.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post:
  • Squirrel
People Need To Help Change The World.
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
It was pretty incredible. My kids and I went, (in St. Paul Minnesota) and there were about 6000 more people than expected... they thought it would be around 4000 instead they got 10,000!
For the most part it was pretty reasonable demands, mostly centered around enforcing the laws that already exist, and a push for more common sense laws and background checks.
No matter what the results, it was a great lesson for my kids in civic participation...
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel
(04-07-2018, 06:52 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: It was pretty incredible. My kids and I went, (in St. Paul Minnesota) and there were about 6000 more people than expected... they thought it would be around 4000 instead they got 10,000!
For the most part it was pretty reasonable demands, mostly centered around enforcing the laws that already exist, and a push for more common sense laws and background checks.
No matter what the results, it was a great lesson  for my kids in civic participation...

Hey, it's awesome that you went!

There was even an event here in my town, even though I'm in Canada.

I would have gone, just to see how much support it got, but the event started just as my shift was ending, and it would have taken an hour minimum fir me to get there.

But yes, if you leave your country to 'formulate itself', this is when you get corruption, and little enpires of people in charge, and not much else.

When you get involved with like-minded people and start considering how to make things better, this then attracts some media (where, if you're lucky, they'll actually report the story, rather than their own slant), and before you know it, people in politics are forced to recognize your existence, and take a stand.

All lobby groups probably started a similar way. (And some of those are now simply TOO strong!)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • run SPOT run