Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add the owner of thread on the board.
I am sometimes confused with the threads. You know it says like for example by Squirrel, but then you press it, and the owner is another person. I think we should add where it shows the owner name for that thread.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Reaction 's post:
  • Squirrel
(09-13-2016, 02:29 PM)REACTION Wrote: I am sometimes confused with the threads. You know it says like for example by Squirrel, but then you press it, and the owner is another person. I think we should add where it shows the owner name for that thread.

What I do, is mostly rely on the 'New Posts' and 'Today's Posts' options under the 'Forums' heading.
There, I try to remember the name of the thread, which usually will be your clue as to what the thread is about. That, also states who started the thread, which I think is what you're looking for.

Something else I'd like to see more of, is people editing what gets quoted to only include the part they are replying to... and snips out most of the rest.

It can become tedious, finding the actual new content when you're constantly rereading the same stuff, and it makes you want to skip the whole thing entirely.

Especially when there's a long-winded Squirrel involved. ~siiigh~

Every 'Quote' has a beginning and ending tag around it. By deleting from the first tag, down to and including the final [/quote], you can keep a long post shorter, and easier to read.

I also snip out stuff that I'm not actually replying to... often long posts cover multiple things, and you're only discussing one or two aspects of it.

The quotes get 'nested' (one, completely inside another), and it can be confusing figuring out what to keep. But you could delete ALL of the quote, if you wanted to.... That is easier. But if you've done some programming,m dealing with 'nested' things should be second-nature to you. :|

~dares you guys to go look at the LISP programming language~ (lol) more brackets than you've ever seen before, and probably half of your bugs end up being a messed up nested bracket
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Breakfast , Relax , run SPOT run , Voakie
yep, i agree

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
(09-13-2016, 09:36 PM)Relax Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 02:48 PM)Squirrel Wrote: ~Snip~
I also snip out stuff that I'm not actually replying to... often long posts cover multiple things, and you're only discussing one or two aspects of it.

The quotes get 'nested' (one, completely inside another), and it can be confusing figuring out what to keep. But you could delete ALL of the quote, if you wanted to.... That is easier. But if you've done some programming,m dealing with 'nested' things should be second-nature to you. :|

~Snip~

Did I do it right furry master?

YeeoooowwwwwwwWww!!

Hey, dat was my tail!

(Yeah, ok, fine... You did it right! Congrats!)

~nominates Relax for staff (before he goes & asks me to anyways, heheheheh!)~
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • FGFC820, Relax