Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The odds are rigged I swear
This is regarding the mystery skins. Now, I'm not normally crazy about the cosmetics stuff. The only mystery skins that really interest me in the slightest are the red dragon and the wolf. (side note, I do NOT care if it's called jackal, it looks exactly like a wolf so I will call it thus.) Naturally though, those two were among the last skins I was able to unlock among the 22 skins Dodgy (I also don't care for any of the special skins). It would be kind of cool to see them in level 3, so I'm still collecting skin pieces hoping to upgrade, but I still haven't gotten a SINGLE skin piece for either of them since unlocking them, meanwhile I'm 2 pieces away from spark level 2. But what REALLY makes me suspicious is the frog kid skin. It was the first skin I unlocked, leaving all the others in the dust. That and I see this skin EVERYWHERE. I doubt I've played a single game in recent months without seeing at least one person using it. It's also one fo the very few I see in level 2 or 3. It could be that it kind of sticks out to me because I think it looks HIDEOUS, but I seriously doubt it. This kind of leads me to believe that the odds of getting each skin are programmed to be different, and frog kid has the highest which is why everyone ends up with it first. I really don't think that should be the case, all the skins should have the same chance. Has anyone else had an experience like this, or can confirm or deny that this is the case?

Also an extra question- If a skin reaches level 3, does that make the game unable to give you any more of that skin? If not, I'm NOT going to be happy.
(02-23-2018, 10:11 PM)Lucrayzor Wrote: This is regarding the mystery skins. Now, I'm not normally crazy about the cosmetics stuff. The only mystery skins that really interest me in the slightest are the red dragon and the wolf. (side note, I do NOT care if it's called jackal, it looks exactly like a wolf so I will call it thus.) Naturally though, those two were among the last skins I was able to unlock among the 22 skins Dodgy (I also don't care for any of the special skins). It would be kind of cool to see them in level 3, so I'm still collecting skin pieces hoping to upgrade, but I still haven't gotten a SINGLE skin piece for either of them since unlocking them, meanwhile I'm 2 pieces away from spark level 2. But what REALLY makes me suspicious is the frog kid skin. It was the first skin I unlocked, leaving all the others in the dust. That and I see this skin EVERYWHERE. I doubt I've played a single game in recent months without seeing at least one person using it. It's also one fo the very few I see in level 2 or 3. It could be that it kind of sticks out to me because I think it looks HIDEOUS, but I seriously doubt it. This kind of leads me to believe that the odds of getting each skin are programmed to be different, and frog kid has the highest which is why everyone ends up with it first. I really don't think that should be the case, all the skins should have the same chance. Has anyone else had an experience like this, or can confirm or deny that this is the case?

Also an extra question- If a skin reaches level 3, does that make the game unable to give you any more of that skin? If not, I'm NOT going to be happy.

Skin pieces?! Hey, I'm real sorry that your skin is peeling, and hope that you get well soon!

. . . .

But seriously... Which game are we talking about?

If it's agma.io, then I don't even know that skin pieces exist... You pick the skin you want, and if you have the coins to buy it, dere ya go!

Are you maybe talking about agar.io's stock mobile game?
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
You must be a browser player because mobile players figured this out some time ago. I guess we had almost a year head start though. Each Mystery Skin has a clear different percentage chance of a piece appearing in a Potion.

I’ll give you some examples from my own Mystery Skin collection efforts:
  • Alien Kid – 101 / 50
  • Reaper - 64 / 50
  • Frog Kid – 300 / 50
  • Red Dragon – 70 / 50
  • Jackal – 58 / 50
  • Fire Giant - 240 / 50
  • Worm Skull – 190 / 50
  • Phoenix – 45 / 50 (My only incomplete Regular)
  • Eye Five – 81 / 80
  • Unicorn – 4 / 80
  • Old One – 32 / 80
  • Devil – 86 / 80
  • Robo Kid – 20 / 80
  • Spooky – 2 / 80
  • Alpaca – 57 / 80
You can see that the skin piece distribution is all over the place. A few of the Special Mystery Skins will probably take me another year to max out. All of my Mystery Skin are still at Level 2. I could upgrade many of them to Level 3. But the cost, 2000 and 4000 coins respectively, makes it a hard decision.

(02-24-2018, 04:19 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote: You must be a browser player because mobile players figured this out some time ago. I guess we had almost a year head start though. Each Mystery Skin has a clear different percentage chance of a piece appearing in a Potion.

I’ll give you some examples from my own Mystery Skin collection efforts:
  • Alien Kid – 101 / 50
  • Reaper - 64 / 50
  • Frog Kid – 300 / 50
  • Red Dragon – 70 / 50
  • Jackal – 58 / 50
  • Fire Giant - 240 / 50
  • Worm Skull – 190 / 50
  • Phoenix – 45 / 50 (My only incomplete Regular)
  • Eye Five – 81 / 80
  • Unicorn – 4 / 80
  • Old One – 32 / 80
  • Devil – 86 / 80
  • Robo Kid – 20 / 80
  • Spooky – 2 / 80
  • Alpaca – 57 / 80
You can see that the skin piece distribution is all over the place. A few of the Special Mystery Skins will probably take me another year to max out. All of my Mystery Skin are still at Level 2. I could upgrade many of them to Level 3. But the cost, 2000 and 4000 coins respectively, makes it a hard decision.

So these were changes made to the stock ahar.io then, I'm guessing?

I haveb't been in there in at least 10 months now. lol
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(02-24-2018, 06:01 PM)Squirrel Wrote: So these were changes made to the stock ahar.io then, I'm guessing?

I haveb't been in there in at least 10 months now. lol

Yeah, Mystery Skins are another clever way that Miniclip is monetizing the game. These skins can be unlocked and upgraded to animated states.

http://agario.wikia.com/wiki/Mystery_Skins

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post:
  • Squirrel
Thanks for sharing Shadow Fox. Of course two hours after I post I finally unlock level 3 Frog Kid skin. Then later, another potion gives me an extra Frog kid. I've also noticed distribution seems to be all over the place.
[Image: Nitehawk_Sig.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nitehawk's post:
  • Squirrel
It Would Have To Be Good Skins.
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
(04-06-2018, 01:05 AM)Owl Wrote: It Would Have To Be Good Skins.

I actually think a few of the Mystery Skins are well worth it. Though I’m sure you’re only interested in skins like this one. I thought this skin was worth far more than 690 coins.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
Uhh what are mystery skins?
Pa-Hoo-lee
Mystery skins, are a cool way to unlock Unique skins
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]