Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing the rewards for Play + Community
Hey everyone,

In the last few days, it's been too quiet at the Forums, and I know some people are going through exams, while others are getting ready for Christmas, but I thought we could consider some inter-connecting rewaards between agma.io the game, and our Forums here.

We could translate a new thread into coins, and new posts for half the value chosen, and perhaps display achievements from the game as 'rewards' within their profile?

I think that would unfortunately require a human to do the work... (since the two things are very separate), but I'd be able to chip in on doing that, if needed.

I'd like to see the community strengthened again, by encouraging both m,ore game play, and more cameraderie here.

(If anyone else has ideas along those lines, can you share?)

See youse either here, or in the game! Smile
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 5 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Dyna, Mikasa, Robin , Sora, ♀✭๖ۣۣۜYỦҜÎ ĈĤẰŇ✭♀
This was already briefly implemented awhile ago, but at the time made no sense as there was no Agma.io (so no need for coins). Now that we're all treasure hunters, it might be time to try something like that again, but it would involve linking Agma to the forums...something smarter people than I would have to figure out. Beyond linking to the forums, the question begs...what about the other forums? there is now a forum specifically for Agma, and there is a discord channel heavily associated with both as well.
So I think this is the time to implement an idea like this, even though I was a vocal dissenter before. The game has changed, and adding rewards for content providers and community members now makes sense. Thanx for recycling this idea and giving it new life @Squirrel
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • ♀✭๖ۣۣۜYỦҜÎ ĈĤẰŇ✭♀
(12-07-2017, 04:12 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: This was already briefly implemented awhile ago, but at the time made no sense as there was no Agma.io (so no need for coins). Now that we're all treasure hunters, it might be time to try something like that again, but it would involve linking Agma to the forums...something smarter people than I would have to figure out. Beyond linking to the forums, the question begs...what about the other forums? there is now a forum specifically for Agma, and there is a discord channel heavily associated with both as well.
So I think this is the time to implement an idea like this, even though I was a vocal dissenter before. The game has changed, and adding rewards for content providers and community members now makes sense. Thanx for recycling this idea and giving it new life @Squirrel

Does Sora run the agma Forum? If so, where is it? (lol)

If people went there, I would think that it would make sense to really just have one forum, and have this domain point there. (Or vice-versa, if we're still trying to provide a haven for all agar players.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ♀✭๖ۣۣۜYỦҜÎ ĈĤẰŇ✭♀
This is one of the features planned to eventually implement. Along with new features and gamemodes, there will gradually also be ways to view your agma profile in more detail, and to link the agma profile with the forum profile, letting you directly influence the game profile via the forum profile. For example by receiving ingame rewards when posting threads/posts, receiving upvotes, and being the top member of the month.
Looking to prioritize this sometime after new gamemodes are available in game, but in the meantime let's discuss and plan which ways will be best to link game with forum profile, and what kind of rewards can be received.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 3 users Like Sora's post:
  • run SPOT run , Squirrel , ♀✭๖ۣۣۜYỦҜÎ ĈĤẰŇ✭♀
(12-08-2017, 10:38 AM)Sora Wrote: This is one of the features planned to eventually implement. Along with new features and gamemodes, there will gradually also be ways to view your agma profile in more detail, and to link the agma profile with the forum profile, letting you directly influence the game profile via the forum profile. For example by receiving ingame rewards when posting threads/posts, receiving upvotes, and being the top member of the month.
Looking to prioritize this sometime after new gamemodes are available in game, but in the meantime let's discuss and plan which ways will be best to link game with forum profile, and what kind of rewards can be received.

I think a lot of the rewards would be more of a 'status' thing amongst players. People probably want others to know if they have been recognized by the game, at all, and those awards are posted by way of small icon with every post that a person makes. So certainly, someone who is playing well, and being rewarded by the game, has a little added incentive to post something, so that people have the ability to see that.

The inverse way, having a persons Forum merits visible from within the game is a bit harder for me to imagine. (And I'm not sure the people playing the game would even care very much? When in the game, I figure that you're mostly focussed on playing.)

I suppose that, with some work, it would be possible to have a 1-to-1 user mapping between the two platforms. (I think that would likely have to be verified by a staff member.)

But I think the Forums would help a person gain recognition for playing the game well, and also just hold people together as a community. Discord is a nice way to chat and socialize, but very few would bother to scroll through everything in an active server to keep on top of things, and the in-game chat only sticks around a matter of minutes, so for anyone who really wants to socialize, the Forums is the best way for people to find out about you, and get a sense of who you are, whereas Discord is best for casual banter.

Since there's options on each platform to save login credentials, then it would be an easy matter to flip between the two (in separate windows) with a single button.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ♀✭๖ۣۣۜYỦҜÎ ĈĤẰŇ✭♀