Pretty good
It's eh...
This is bad
No, just No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Gamemode - A Team Gamemode
My idea for agma.io is a brand new server. The new server would be a team mode, where two teams compete against each other to win. I recommend that it should be at least 15 people on each team. Each player should start with 1000 mass. After a player is eaten, they will respawn, with 1000 mass again. The small mass/dots that automatically spawn in the map for players to consume should give 3 mass each. The max mass that a cell could have is 40k. A player should only be able to split up into a maximum of sixteen cells. The recombine time, I recommend, should be similar to the recombine speed of the server Agarioforums.io.
The viruses should have 300 mass and when somebody eats it they will get the 300 mass. They would split up into the normal maximum amount they are limited in the server FastSplit VirusFarm Experimental server. It should take the same amount of shots to shoot a virus as it does in X-TestServer.
Each team should get one corner to spawn in (A1, A5, E1, and E5). Each time you die, that's where you would respawn. In those spawning corners, no viruses will spawn, and a small amount of small mass to eat. Being afk in your corner should either kill your cell or make your cell start to shrink until it eventually dies. The other team should not be able to enter your corner, or else they will shrink, and I recommend they shrink kind-of fast.
Each player should start the match with one Instant Recombine Powerup, one 2x Speed Powerup, and one Push Enemies Powerup. There should be no extra powerups on the map, and players are not allowed to use powerups that they purchased (With both coins and real money).
If you press and hold the Q button, it will allow you to feed a teammate.
There will be no coins on the map, but the winning team would get a payout of 3k to, lets say 7k, but it should be worth the amount of time the game lasts.
As for bots, there shouldn't be any because it will probably take the fun out of it for the other team and give the team with the bots a big advantage.
For a team to win, they must reach a total of 40k to 75k mass consumed(Not including starting mass or mass you feed your teammate or mass they feed you), or maybe 50 to 100 kills (Again not including teammates feeding each other).
I don't think there should be the secret rooms or any blackholes on the map. Feedback is helpful Wink  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Giostarr's post:
  • Sora
Hi! I wanted to jump up and reply, because to me, my favourite version in the original 'agar.io' game, was their 'Teams' variant.

Now you said 2 teams, which is good -- you could have a "war" atmosphere, in which there are usually only two sides.

(If you were Kurdish though, I think you would start arguing there!)

The regular agar 'Teams' had 3... That could make things more of a challenge.

You seem to have put a lot of thought into this, and seem to be a connoisseur of the various agma servers, since you are familiar with a number of different variants.

So I do hope that someone gets on-board with your thinking, and that you have some positive response!

Smile

I don't really like teaming in the game, because to me, I always remember agar's "FFA" as a 1-on-1... and while you have channels and can form teams... I feel that it's still every man for themselves (especially given how quickly 'teams' players either desert their team, or make a new one).

However, with a 'teams' variant there is also much more ability to abuse it -- people who say they are on your team, but are in fact playing for the other team, for example...

In the agar Teams variant, cross-team-teams are the most hated players. It's essentially a 2-player team, where members are on different actual teams, but they are loyal only to each other, and disloyal to their teams.

So I think it would be extra-hard to put together....

But I think if there were a private mode, so you could allow players that you know, and who will not violate the nature of the game, that problem goes away, mostly.

I love your idea, and I hope there is some thought put into it by Sora and the gang!

(It's funny. In the current game, I am adamant against 'teams' because they are not true teams... they are 2 people collaborating and looking for control.

In a true team-game (like baseball), there are enough different positions, different roles, that you can truly get the game to feel like a team endeavour -- that is the sort of game that I actually crave to play.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sora