Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Down With Domestic Violence October Awareness
(10-02-2017, 06:35 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 05:18 AM)iAcid Wrote: Very thoughtful post... 

I have not met anyone and or have experienced it myself, but I concur that domestic violence is never justified. Continue reaching out... You have my full support as well

Lol... I was largely unscathed. I knew my mom never talked about my dad... and I knew not to push that. I would tell people he had died. (To her, he had... although she was terrified that he would find us.)

Fast forward to my 18th birthday, and I had the strangest present ever. Mom takes me to a lawyers office, and he gives me this document... tells me to sign my name... I hand it back and he says, "No, your other name..."

At that point I just looked at my mom for help. Turns out that we were there to legally change my name from it's original, to the only one I could ever remember using. (Mom had help getting away from him when I was just 2 yrs old, so I have no memories of him at all.)

And then, after my mom passed... and I was cleaning out her safety deposit box, I found the phone # of the off-duty police officer who picked up my mom, myself and some stuff, and drove us to a much bigger city, and gave her some fake ID.

That was the way that "social injustice" was handled, back then.

Today, thankfully, women have far more options.
That is a very emotional story. I am glad and thankful you have shared it <3

(10-02-2017, 10:35 PM)Final Wrote: This world has gone to hell.

can you elaborate?
do you mean because of awareness for domestic violence?
or do you mean because there exists domestic violence?
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanda's post:
  • Meerkat, Squirrel

Messages In This Thread
RE: Down With Domestic Violence October Awareness - Zanda - 10-02-2017, 11:00 PM