Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Down With Domestic Violence October Awareness
(10-02-2017, 06:35 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 05:18 AM)iAcid Wrote: Very thoughtful post... 

I have not met anyone and or have experienced it myself, but I concur that domestic violence is never justified. Continue reaching out... You have my full support as well

Lol... I was largely unscathed. I knew my mom never talked about my dad... and I knew not to push that. I would tell people he had died. (To her, he had... although she was terrified that he would find us.)

Fast forward to my 18th birthday, and I had the strangest present ever. Mom takes me to a lawyers office, and he gives me this document... tells me to sign my name... I hand it back and he says, "No, your other name..."

At that point I just looked at my mom for help. Turns out that we were there to legally change my name from it's original, to the only one I could ever remember using. (Mom had help getting away from him when I was just 2 yrs old, so I have no memories of him at all.)

And then, after my mom passed... and I was cleaning out her safety deposit box, I found the phone # of the off-duty police officer who picked up my mom, myself and some stuff, and drove us to a much bigger city, and gave her some fake ID.

That was the way that "social injustice" was handled, back then.

Today, thankfully, women have far more options.
Wow, Squirrel! Just.... WOW!!!

(10-02-2017, 05:18 AM)iAcid Wrote: Very thoughtful post... 

I have not met anyone and or have experienced it myself, but I concur that domestic violence is never justified. Continue reaching out... You have my full support as well

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Down With Domestic Violence October Awareness - Meerkat - 10-02-2017, 01:55 PM