Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Down With Domestic Violence October Awareness
Every October, when I was playing Agar.io, I would wear Down with Domestic Violence name tag.

Once again I will be wearing that tag in awareness of a subject matter I am deeply passionate about.

People are silent on the issue of Domestic Violence. 

Please feel welcome to join me in shining light on this and helping those who are abused to find their voice.

Stand in the gap for someone you love.

I will not be splitting on anyone this month. Mass donations are appreciated.

Thank you.

[-] The following 6 users Like Meerkat's post:
  • iAcid, Shisui Uchiha, Sora, Squirrel , Sugar, ™ Chronic
(10-01-2017, 03:46 PM)Kimber.ly Wrote: Every October, when I was playing Agar.io, I would wear Down with Domestic Violence name tag.

Once again I will be wearing that tag in awareness of a subject matter I am deeply passionate about.

People are silent on the issue of Domestic Violence. 

Please feel welcome to join me in shining light on this and helping those who are abused to find their voice.

Stand in the gap for someone you love.

Thank you.

There is little that's sadder than experiencing violence in their own home -- the place that should be their safe-haven from the world.

Anyone who is a victim there SHOULD reach out.... There is always a way to escape, and even though the road ahead is hard, it should lead to a better result.

I am a product of a mom who was abused.

Make some friends, get the willpower, make a plan. There is a way.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • iAcid, Meerkat
Very thoughtful post... 

I have not met anyone and or have experienced it myself, but I concur that domestic violence is never justified. Continue reaching out... You have my full support as well
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-02-2017, 05:18 AM)iAcid Wrote: Very thoughtful post... 

I have not met anyone and or have experienced it myself, but I concur that domestic violence is never justified. Continue reaching out... You have my full support as well

Lol... I was largely unscathed. I knew my mom never talked about my dad... and I knew not to push that. I would tell people he had died. (To her, he had... although she was terrified that he would find us.)

Fast forward to my 18th birthday, and I had the strangest present ever. Mom takes me to a lawyers office, and he gives me this document... tells me to sign my name... I hand it back and he says, "No, your other name..."

At that point I just looked at my mom for help. Turns out that we were there to legally change my name from it's original, to the only one I could ever remember using. (Mom had help getting away from him when I was just 2 yrs old, so I have no memories of him at all.)

And then, after my mom passed... and I was cleaning out her safety deposit box, I found the phone # of the off-duty police officer who picked up my mom, myself and some stuff, and drove us to a much bigger city, and gave her some fake ID.

That was the way that "social injustice" was handled, back then.

Today, thankfully, women have far more options.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Doigt, Sugar, Zanda
(10-02-2017, 06:35 AM)Squirrel Wrote:

Lol... I was largely unscathed. I knew my mom never talked about my dad... and I knew not to push that. I would tell people he had died. (To her, he had... although she was terrified that he would find us.)

Fast forward to my 18th birthday, and I had the strangest present ever. Mom takes me to a lawyers office, and he gives me this document... tells me to sign my name... I hand it back and he says, "No, your other name..."

At that point I just looked at my mom for help. Turns out that we were there to legally change my name from it's original, to the only one I could ever remember using. (Mom had help getting away from him when I was just 2 yrs old, so I have no memories of him at all.)

And then, after my mom passed... and I was cleaning out her safety deposit box, I found the phone # of the off-duty police officer who picked up my mom, myself and some stuff, and drove us to a much bigger city, and gave her some fake ID.

Wow, Squirrel! Just.... WOW!!!

Thank you!

This world has gone to hell.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Final's post:
  • ™ Chronic

That is a very emotional story. I am glad and thankful you have shared it <3

(10-02-2017, 10:35 PM)Final Wrote: This world has gone to hell.

can you elaborate?
do you mean because of awareness for domestic violence?
or do you mean because there exists domestic violence?
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanda's post:
  • Meerkat, Squirrel

Thank you for sharing your story friend. Yeah I do hope women who suffer from domestic abuse and still do not see it and refuse to get help either by fear or just blinded, find comfort that there is help out there. 
[Image: .eJwNyMENhSAMANBdGACwoIJrOEGDpJqoJbSefv7...OL-AIKx710]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sugar's post:
  • Squirrel
(10-03-2017, 07:31 AM)Sugar Wrote: Thank you for sharing your story friend. Yeah I do hope women who suffer from domestic abuse and still do not see it and refuse to get help either by fear or just blinded, find comfort that there is help out there. 

For anyone in that position, it's so easy to just get depressed, and fade into a lump of flesh, barely existing, and without the will to. To some degree, it's up to us to spot them, talk to them, cajole them, and help them gather the strength for what will probably be the hardest thing they ever do, but it's so important. Without it, a wife (and whatever children they have, or hopefully don't have), just get dragged down to become part of a terrible statistic.
Fight the Good Fight
(10-02-2017, 10:35 PM)Final Wrote: This world has gone to hell.
It never left there
Bullies have personal issues.
TM the it hasn't always been in hell. Take it back to your day, things weren't as bad as they are now, right? Back then you could maybe let your kids play on the street. Now? it wouldn't even be a good thought with all the morons prowling the streets and stores now.

I think life was always hell, but it simply got worse and more of it.
(10-04-2017, 07:44 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: I think life was always hell, but it simply got worse and more of it.

I think the idea of this thread, was to be more positive, and talk about domestic violence??

Life is actually a lot better than being dead, for that is never having experienced ANYTHING.

You have both laughed, TM has kids. You've had fun, and probably, you'd change your tune if some heavenly voice boomed out, "Fine, if life is hell, allow me to show you, and steal all your fond memories."

Moreover than your own lives, there lies within each of us, the ability to improve the lives of others, which, when you use it, also tends to feel pretty good!

Life can always be betterm and can always be worse.

I suggest you two reread my signature, listen to the song, and read the lyrics.

And then re-evaluate? Wink

Or maybe come clean, and tell us how you were joking. (But remember, this thread is supposed to be about domestic violence.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • EqAtOmBe
(10-04-2017, 07:57 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 07:44 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: I think life was always hell, but it simply got worse and more of it.

I think the idea of this thread, was to be more positive, and talk about domestic violence??

Life is actually a lot better than being dead, for that is never having experienced ANYTHING.

You have both laughed, TM has kids. You've had fun, and probably, you'd change your tune if some heavenly voice boomed out, "Fine, if life is hell, allow me to show you, and steal all your fond memories."

Moreover than your own lives, there lies within each of us, the ability to improve the lives of others, which, when you use it, also tends to feel pretty good!

Life can always be betterm and can always be worse.

I suggest you two reread my signature, listen to the song, and read the lyrics.

And then re-evaluate? Wink

Or maybe come clean, and tell us how you were joking. (But remember, this thread is supposed to be about domestic violence.)

Violence is violence. Lets talk about what causes domestic violence Squirrel
(10-04-2017, 11:14 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: Violence is violence. Lets talk about what causes domestic violence Squirrel

I disagree.

War is mostly violence, and yet is completely different from the domestic variety.

There's rioting, which is violence, and yet you never beat on someone close to you, or loot someone that you respect.

No, domestic violence is in a complete class of it's own. There are many perpetrators, and their targets are those who should be closest to them.

If you want to discuss what makes a person into one of those perps, great, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

If someone very close to you still manages to annoy you terribly, that frustration can sometimes lead to anger, and anger to violence... but wouldn't everyone remember first the closeness of that person, rather than the small thing that they do which is annoying??

Surely we're not that devoid of patience?!
Fight the Good Fight