Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Agario?!?!?
Hello agario community,

I am a developer for a game called Slymes, Slymes is a 3D agario inspired game that has many features that differentiate it such as 3D (Of course), Sprinting (Lose mass while doing so), Nicer environment due to 3D capability, more customization options (Hats, Slimes and Trails) and more to come soon! We just launched our Steam Greenlight Campaign and we are reaching out to you guys for your support, Any support would be greatly appreciated as we have spent a long time developing this game and would love to get it into your hands on Steam! Please leave all extra feedback in the feature request section on the discussion board or if its just a comment about the project leave it in the comments on the page.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=747857051

Thank you,
  Sebastian (Founder Of WolfTechGames)
no BETA Tester version to play?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-22-2016, 06:32 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: no BETA Tester version to play?

I will be streaming development of the game live from time to time and when builds are ready I will give out beta codes or you can just stop by our discord which is on our greenlight page and I will choose random people on there from time to time. Smile
(08-22-2016, 03:28 PM)WolfTechGames Wrote: I will be streaming development of the game live from time to time and when builds are ready I will give out beta codes or you can just stop by our discord which is on our greenlight page and I will choose random people on there from time to time. Smile

Good luck to you in your venture... but considering the main factor I like in agar.io is that it's completely free to play, I'm guessing that you would have to have some sort of a revenue model, probably including us.

It also seems like an intense challenge for you. As is, the public game does not require all that much bandwidth to play, and can be smooth in almost all cases on-line (except where bots have crept in, or during network issues).

Turning it into a 3D game probably means you'll want to do much more on the end-user side, doing graphics on the user's side, and that will likely mean cutting out most of the mobile users.

It sounds intriguing, but I'm surprised that anyone would take this on. Of course, graphics qualoity/3D means nothing to me, and so possibly I will have a minority opinion.

At least though, if it's made as a stand-alone application, that allows you to keep the bots at bay, and allow for more inter-game communication, which I think the public game is lacking in.

Good luck, as I said, but I would think that you'll have an uphill battle!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Relax
(08-22-2016, 03:58 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 03:28 PM)WolfTechGames Wrote: I will be streaming development of the game live from time to time and when builds are ready I will give out beta codes or you can just stop by our discord which is on our greenlight page and I will choose random people on there from time to time. Smile

Good luck to you in your venture... but considering the main factor I like in agar.io is that it's completely free to play, I'm guessing that you would have to have some sort of a revenue model, probably including us.

It also seems like an intense challenge for you. As is, the public game does not require all that much bandwidth to play, and can be smooth in almost all cases on-line (except where bots have crept in, or during network issues).

Turning it into a 3D game probably means you'll want to do much more on the end-user side, doing graphics on the user's side, and that will likely mean cutting out most of the mobile users.

It sounds intriguing, but I'm surprised that anyone would take this on. Of course, graphics qualoity/3D means nothing to me, and so possibly I will have a minority opinion.

At least though, if it's made as a stand-alone application, that allows you to keep the bots at bay, and allow for more inter-game communication, which I think the public game is lacking in.

Good luck, as I said, but I would think that you'll have an uphill battle!

Thank you very much Squirrel, this is definitely a challenge for us. The game will be free to play but will feature in game purchases which will only feature cosmetics nothing that will make the game pay to win. You will also be able to get cosmetics without purchasing anything but some cosmetics will be exclusive to those who purchase them. We will be considering other platforms to push the game including mobile after the game is done with greenlight. Yes we do have an anti-cheat which blocks out many hacks including bots but as always its near impossible to block out all hacks, hackers always find a way around anti cheats and such.

Also the way the game servers work is that we host the master server which is the server that stores all other server data so that players may browse the server list. Now the actual game servers may be hosted by anyone who plays the game, in the game there is a host game button that will open a screen with options on it for your lobby then after you create the game anyone can join as our network system automatically opens ports through upnp for the time the game is active. This means private lobbies are possible so if you'd like to password protect your sever so you can play with friends, you can do so.

Thank you for the kind words, yes it will be an uphill battle but we won't give up and we will keep fighting.
[-] The following 2 users Like WolfTechGames's post:
  • Relax , Squirrel
(08-22-2016, 05:49 PM)WolfTechGames Wrote: Thank you very much Squirrel, this is definitely a challenge for us. The game will be free to play but will feature in game purchases which will only feature cosmetics nothing that will make the game pay to win. You will also be able to get cosmetics without purchasing anything but some cosmetics will be exclusive to those who purchase them. We will be considering other platforms to push the game including mobile after the game is done with greenlight. Yes we do have an anti-cheat which blocks out many hacks including bots but as always its near impossible to block out all hacks, hackers always find a way around anti cheats and such.

Also the way the game servers work is that we host the master server which is the server that stores all other server data so that players may browse the server list. Now the actual game servers may be hosted by anyone who plays the game, in the game there is a host game button that will open a screen with options on it for your lobby then after you create the game anyone can join as our network system automatically opens ports through upnp for the time the game is active. This means private lobbies are possible so if you'd like to password protect your sever so you can play with friends, you can do so.

Thank you for the kind words, yes it will be an uphill battle but we won't give up and we will keep fighting.

Well, it seems that you know the drill, and how cutthroat the gaming market is (as always). Plus you have a finger on the pulse of what it seems people want -- Free to play, but not pay to win.

My hat is off to you, and when it's closer to being time to check it all out, I dare say you should get enough lookers to get the purchases/ads thing going. (You have to have ads. We understand, for the most part, I think. Look at agar.io now, landing some big brand name ads, not just the petty stuff anymore.)

I hope you'll keep us posted here, when the game nears completion?

Getting the word out, is a whoooolllle different battle.

It occurs to me, that had my son not been following some British youtube gamer... he's very popular, but spends a lot of time cussing, and playing games that people ask him to, for his crazy/funny commentary... One day, he mentioned when I just happened to be watching, that a bunch of his fans had asked him to check out agar.io. (Jack something? I forget his name, it's been so long since I've seen one of his videos.)

If not for that, I still would be none the wiser that agar.io existed. And soon after, we made him stop watching that guy's videos, because he was just too cuss-oriented.

So good luck, also, in orienting your social media, just right, to give you that first shot in the arm. Smile
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Relax