Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Another Pending) Soldier rank!
So this rank can only be given by staff members. A soldier can delete posts and delete other posts that are not needed.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

So... a moderator?
[Image: Zm1C4cj.jpg]

[Image: UcwcCQa.gif]

Update 11/27/2018: 
Discord: FGFC820#9092  
[-] The following 4 users Like FGFC820's post:
  • run SPOT run , Squirrel , ℱIRE , ✨101✨
I really am glad you are giving all these unique suggestions to benefit the community and maintain activity on the forums! Regardless I have to say if a "soldier" type rank is given to members on the forums, all it would do is create havoc. There is a reason some people are selected to be moderators while everyone else is a regular member. Can you imagine if someone doesn't like what another member on the forums said and deletes his/her's posts? This would be an abuse of power and infringement to freedom of speech. Besides even the staff themselves rarely delete posts/threads, only if something is NSFW, a scam, or against forums rules does staff ever have to remove posts/threads. The type of scenario you are suggesting will lead to people abusing their power. Also there is a certain ratio of members-to-staff on AGF which must be maintained, once we grow larger more staff positions will open up.

Thank you for reading this Heart
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • FGFC820, run SPOT run , Sora, Squirrel , ℱIRE
(08-17-2016, 04:45 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: I really am glad you are giving all these unique suggestions to benefit the community and maintain activity on the forums! Regardless I have to say if a "soldier" type rank is given to members on the forums, all it would do is create havoc. There is a reason some people are selected to be moderators while everyone else is a regular member. Can you imagine if someone doesn't like what another member on the forums said and deletes his/her's posts? This would be an abuse of power and infringement to freedom of speech. Besides even the staff themselves rarely delete posts/threads, only if something is NSFW, a scam, or against forums rules does staff ever have to remove posts/threads. The type of scenario you are suggesting will lead to people abusing their power. Also there is a certain ratio of members-to-staff on AGF which must be maintained, once we grow larger then more staff positions will open up.

Well said!

I like spicing up the titles as an idea -- it's a easy one to implement. But I don't think "soldier" is the one you want here.

As a system, you want to foster and urge your members to post -- otherwise, it is an empty venture. And the way to do that, is to know that there is a genteel person or persons, behind the scenes, willing to clean it up, if it becomes necessary.

I was also thinking that military-style ranks could be implemented, instead, within the game, where people are encouraged to fight and succeed. So if you implement a ranking system, you could use military titles to denote rank, from "Private", "Private 1st class" and so on -- using their armpatch insignia's so it doesn't take much to display it. And you could go all the way to the top rank of "Commander in Chief" -- which would always be the #1 ranked person. If possible, I think that would foster competition within the game, where it's valid.

I don't think that you want 'competition' in the forums -- this is an area more for cameraderie to be established, and just have a boatload of fun!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 5 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • FGFC820, run SPOT run , Sora, ℱIRE , ✨101✨
(08-17-2016, 04:45 AM)✨101✨ Wrote: I really am glad you are giving all these unique suggestions to benefit the community and maintain activity on the forums! Regardless I have to say if a "soldier" type rank is given to members on the forums, all it would do is create havoc. There is a reason some people are selected to be moderators while everyone else is a regular member. Can you imagine if someone doesn't like what another member on the forums said and deletes his/her's posts? This would be an abuse of power and infringement to freedom of speech. Besides even the staff themselves rarely delete posts/threads, only if something is NSFW, a scam, or against forums rules does staff ever have to remove posts/threads. The type of scenario you are suggesting will lead to people abusing their power. Also there is a certain ratio of members-to-staff on AGF which must be maintained, once we grow larger then more staff positions will open up.

I'm Moist.
[Image: YEET.png]