Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pending(Guest Lobby)
I, REACTION, introduce you to the idea: The Guest Lobby

The guest lobby is where guests that don't have permission to register or something like that, can post in the Guest Lobby random stuff. Also, this includes a group membership. So, if a member wants to take control and delete bad threads in the Guest lobby, they request membership for the group Membership called Guest Lobby. If they get approved, then they have that power.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

Why not simply register instead?
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • run SPOT run
if someone feels the need to be invested enough to post something, then they should take a moment to register. having a place for unregistered posters would invite trolls and allow for bad behavior from anonymous posters. theres a reason that no forum on the web (that I know of) allows this. NOT meant to discourage you though @Reaction keep the ideas coming!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel , ✨101✨
(08-17-2016, 02:52 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: if someone feels the need to be invested enough to post something, then they should take a moment to register. having a place for unregistered posters would invite trolls and allow for bad behavior from anonymous posters. theres a reason that no forum on the web (that I know of) allows this. NOT meant to discourage you though @Reaction keep the ideas coming!

So, if a member wants to take control and delete bad threads in the Guest lobby, they request membership for the group Membership called Guest Lobby. If they get approved, then they have that power.

(08-16-2016, 09:56 PM)REACTION Wrote: I, REACTION, introduce you to the idea: The Guest Lobby

The guest lobby is where guests that don't have permission to register or something like that, can post in the Guest Lobby random stuff. Also, this includes a group membership. So, if a member wants to take control and delete bad threads in the Guest lobby, they request membership for the group Membership called Guest Lobby. If they get approved, then they have that power.

Sorry, the idea of giving completely anonymous users, who have only their IP address saved in the logs, opens up the forum to possible legal action, should someone be slandered, or other... unsavoury messages start appearing -- which I can pretty much assure you that they would.

If you want to have the ability to post messages anonymously (and I'm not sure what good that does), then only Admins could be able to determine who the real poster was, in the event that abuse occurs -- and I think that that would go a long ways to seeing to it that abuse did not occur. But it also strikes me that here, the users wishing to post anonymously, would have to have complete 100% faith in those who are volunteering as staff...

I really don't think there would be much call for this. And I could forsee some trying to pretend to be others -- which could be funny, if tastefully done... but sooner or later someone is going to cross a line, I would think.

As 101 said, I think it's better to encourage Guests to become members. Because we'd like to hear what they have to say as well!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ✨101✨
(08-17-2016, 03:57 AM)REACTION Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 02:52 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: if someone feels the need to be invested enough to post something, then they should take a moment to register. having a place for unregistered posters would invite trolls and allow for bad behavior from anonymous posters. theres a reason that no forum on the web (that I know of) allows this. NOT meant to discourage you though @Reaction keep the ideas coming!

So, if a member wants to take control and delete bad threads in the Guest lobby, they request membership for the group Membership called Guest Lobby. If they get approved, then they have that power.
I find it highly annoying that you insist on (this is not the first time) repeating yourself when flaws are pointed out. this time you are essentially shouting at me with your repeat post in large font. I'm sorry, but this is a bad idea and no amount of repetition (large font or not) will change that. I do not wish to become a police officer on what would essentially be an anonymous zone within our forums, nor would I wish that job on anyone else. I do not want random people posting random stuff here either. I'll remind you that the forums are free to join, and it only takes an email to join, and if you cant get one of those, then you dont belong here anyway. please desist from insulting others by repeating yourself as though we somehow didnt understand you. I personally suggest you take a break and calm down, as you have seemed overly agitated in many of your posts regarding "ideas". you can get attention in more positive ways. your idea for getting notifications was a good one, but it already exists, this idea invites bad actors and bad behavior that none of us need...(heres where I borrow a play from your book) and thats why it doesnt exist...anywhere...let it go.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel , ✨101✨
this isnt very good. if there was a guest page for unregistered users it would be better.

banned members should not have anyway into the forums. if banned we should ban their ip

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Breakfast 's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-17-2016, 07:35 AM)run SPOT run Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 03:57 AM)REACTION Wrote:

I find it highly annoying that you insist on (this is not the first time) repeating yourself when flaws are pointed out. this time you are essentially shouting at me with your repeat post in large font. I'm sorry, but this is a bad idea and no amount of repetition (large font or not) will change that. I do not wish to become a police officer on what would essentially be an anonymous zone within our forums, nor would I wish that job on anyone else. I do not want random people posting random stuff here either. I'll remind you that the forums are free to join, and it only takes an email to join, and if you cant get one of those, then you dont belong here anyway. please desist from insulting others by repeating yourself as though we somehow didnt understand you. I personally suggest you take a break and calm down, as you have seemed overly agitated in many of your posts regarding "ideas". you can get attention in more positive ways. your idea for getting notifications was a good one, but it already exists, this idea invites bad actors and bad behavior that none of us need...(heres where I borrow a play from your book) and thats why it doesnt exist...anywhere...let it go.
I pasted that thing and it Turner big. Sorry if I kinda got you sad.

(08-17-2016, 12:45 PM)Breakfast Wrote: so guys, i need to put a signature? why?

what good would it give to this horrible world? would it make peace between countries? would it make love through out the world?

i do know one thing. our signature is our identity, our life though a scribble. so i cant do my own signature because everyone is saying i got no life, im an idiot and loads of insults. I may be a bully victim but i do know one thing.

i have got a life

You have a lot more than life, my friend! You're constantly trying to do good stuff, using the skills that you have! This sort of behaviour is going to make you a very attractive hiring target. Wink

I'm not positive why you need a sig though? (lol) I've wanted to keep mine very brief, because my posts are already too long.

But then I remembered my go-to song when I was young, to make me say "Fk the naysayers!" and others who mocked me, and so on. So now, there it is. It's a few generations dated, as far as music goes, but let that just be a sign that bullying has been around an awful long time. We can use past songs, as well as present, to show positive reasons why we should CHOOSE to not be so affected.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Breakfast
Squirrel, I have no clue what you wrote. I refused to read it after reading 2 lines XD. It's too long
Build a bridge and get over it!