Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If you could
(08-10-2016, 11:18 PM)OYugopolis Wrote: The ability to change things/people lives without people being able to notice and, in fact, mainly the things which nobody else/science could do.

For example, when being in a hospital taking away people their illnesses. Big Grin

That is an awesome power and one that's totally selfless.....I love your choice Big Grin

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

(08-10-2016, 11:42 PM)DTricksplit Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 11:18 PM)OYugopolis Wrote: The ability to change things/people lives without people being able to notice and, in fact, mainly the things which nobody else/science could do.

For example, when being in a hospital taking away people their illnesses. Big Grin

That is an awesome power and one that's totally selfless.....I love your choice Big Grin

I wouldn't want to be able to save wars at once, as that'd give me way too much power. I'm sure I've no idea how to control. I'd just go to places and help wherever they can use my help. Shy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yugopolis's post:
  • DTricksplit
(08-10-2016, 05:34 PM):DMikasa Wrote: I'd choose the ability to read other's minds because of private reasons... Angel

You may learn things you can't unlearn about someone, but I understand the thought behind this one..that'd be a little freaky if someone could read my mind..but if you do get that power please help me rationalize the never ending battle in my head. Big Grin

(08-10-2016, 03:35 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: Well @Squirrel , you do have a few years on me, haha.  Did you get your AARP card yet...I'm just kidding. Watch me duck and weave.  This is where your size works against you... Already vanished. Tongue

As I was saying, "What's an AARP card?" I thought... "I'll show her." and did what every good tech support minion does -- I asked Google.

[What kind of sorry lame-@ssed non-profit organization, in their 'About' section, does NOT tell you what the flippin' acronym stands for....??!?!??!?! Are they TRYINGto tick you off??

But somehow, I think this line has something to do with it. "AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and over." ~squints suspiciously~

I like it's line about "unique benefits" though. I wonder if it has a bunch of profiles of 20-something women. :| ~vanishes for a time~ Nope, sorry. I don't need one of those!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • DTricksplit
(08-11-2016, 10:12 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-10-2016, 03:35 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: Well @Squirrel , you do have a few years on me, haha.  Did you get your AARP card yet...I'm just kidding. Watch me duck and weave.  This is where your size works against you... Already vanished. Tongue

As I was saying, "What's an AARP card?" I thought... "I'll show her." and did what every good tech support minion does -- I asked Google.

[What kind of sorry lame-@ssed non-profit organization, in their 'About' section, does NOT tell you what the flippin' acronym stands for....??!?!??!?! Are they TRYINGto tick you off??

But somehow, I think this line has something to do with it. "AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and over." ~squints suspiciously~

I like it's line about "unique benefits" though. I wonder if it has a bunch of profiles of 20-something women. :| ~vanishes for a time~  Nope, sorry. I don't need one of those!

Omg I had a witty response all typed up, and the page decided to reload, so I lost it all....grrr Dodgy . 

Leave it to you to search for 20 something year old women's profiles.  You better slow down, you might put your hip out..jk.   Tongue  You know I would have a profile on there if they did have 20 something year old women profiles...29 forever.  Ok I guess eventually I'll have to increase that number, as I'll be looking pretty bad for 29, heck people are probably already thinking that Confused  , don't drink whatever she's having lol. I know...I'll just get Goldie Hawns Doctor (she still looks fabulous) Dodgy , I'll just have to sell a kidney to pay for him...For sale:  A perfectly good used kidney, it may have a stone or two, but is otherwise in good working order...probably, No Refunds!  Tongue

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-11-2016, 02:15 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: Omg I had a witty response all typed up, and the page decided to reload, so I lost it all....grrr Dodgy . 

Leave it to you to search for 20 something year old women's profiles.  You better slow down, you might put your hip out..jk.   Tongue  You know I would have a profile on there if they did have 20 something year old women profiles...29 forever.  Ok I guess eventually I'll have to increase that number, as I'll be looking pretty bad for 29, heck people are probably already thinking that Confused  , don't drink whatever she's having lol. I know...I'll just get Goldie Hawns Doctor (she still looks fabulous) Dodgy , I'll just have to sell a kidney to pay for him...For sale:  A perfectly good used kidney, it may have a stone or two, but is otherwise in good working order...probably, No Refunds!  Tongue

Special tech-support-like add-in:

You were hit with the DDOS thing! It seems that @Sora is using ... (I'm amazed that he needs it, but obviously, someone in the world is petty and small, and wants his little enterprise to fail, and only for theirs to succeed. Rot in hell, you who use bot-controllers to attack sites simultaneously from 1000's of unsuspecting infested computers!!) That's what a DDOS -- Distributed Denial-of-Service -- attack is. It seems Sora ...is using CloudFlare for that, which loads the site first going through CloudFlare to make sure the request is valid.

I've had that happen to me a lot too, and there's a simple little trick you can use to circumvent the issue.

If you see the message about CloudFlare and DDOS, after hitting reply, do exactly ONE thing. Wait a few seconds to make sure the loading is complete, then press the BACK button in your browser, JUST ONCE, then re-click the button used to post your message.

When you have clicked 'Back', you will be looking at the reply you wrote, all witticisms and other assorted wiley items inserted as you wanted... and you just have to press the button again that posts the message.

It will work. I guarantee it.

And now back to your regularly-scheduled reply:

If you ask me, I think you look younger than 29.

~gets a look in his eye, and you realize... "Oh no! He has another story!"~

I was in the hospital a few years back for more than 2 months, and occasionally had what I thought was the hottest nurse ever. I nicknamed her "Miss Perfectionist" because she did EVERYTHING by the books. Even those things that other nurses were ignoring, because they felt too overworked as it was, and they gauged certain things to be... not as important.

Anyhow, I was quite certain she must have been straight out of school, and was just incredibly good at her job. So I wanted to guess her age... but she wouldn't give me a number. Instead, she volunteered that she had two kids one of which was a teenager, and wanted me to guess instead, how old she was when she first became pregnant.

This put me in a huge quandary, because I was so positive that she was in her early 20's, at most. I thought 19 were possible, but she would have had to been a genius, skipped multiple years of school, to finish her nursing studies, and then land a job in a full hospital. So I told her I needed to ponder my answer, because it was too hard. When she came back, I figured she would try to kill me after my answer 9 years old, because I thought that was the very earliest that she would likely have been ready to conceive.

She didn't kill me, but apparently I'm not as good as guessing ages as I used to be. But despite the jaw-dropping and her response (a shot to my arm, which was fortunately healthy), I thinjk she was overall pleased with my reply. (So long as no new rumours started amongst her co-workers as a result.)

And I'll bet you anything, the reason she answered in a riddle, was because in her Code of Conduct she was sworn to follow, in included a specification that she was not permitted to give any patient personal details about herself, and used the riddle to allow me ti guess better, thereby still following her Conduct Rules. See what a perfectionist does?!

And a sidebar... wait., That only happens in court. Tangent??

Kudos go out to my roommate at the time, for "Swallowing the most vile substance imaginable".

He too had an infection in his blood, and was being given an antibiotic via intravenous saline-drip. His nurse was clearing the line from the machine, and poured a small amount of excess antibiotic into a cup, meaning to take it with her as she left.... but she forgot.

When Ms. Perfectionist returned, I asked on his half, what was my fave question of my stay. "What is the effect of taking an intravenous antibiotic internally?" My roommate didn't get it, but I got to see Ms. Perfectionist laugh quite nicely. Mission completed Successfully!

And now, due to the length of time it took to compose this, I'm about to experience the DDOS thing again.... I'm ready to wait, click Back, then repost it. Big Grin

~sees the message Checking your browser before accessing agarioforums.net as expected~

~pats himself on the back with his tiny multi-jointed paw for being such a smart 'lil squirrel & teaching all who see this, his little trick~

You're welcome!
Fight the Good Fight
(08-11-2016, 08:06 PM) pid=\26727' Wrote:Special tech-support-like add-in:

You were hit with the DDOS thing! It seems that @Sora is using ... (I'm amazed that he needs it, but obviously, someone in the world is petty and small, and wants his little enterprise to fail, and only for theirs to succeed. Rot in hell, you who use bot-controllers to attack sites simultaneously from 1000's of unsuspecting infested computers!!) That's what a DDOS -- Distributed Denial-of-Service -- attack is. It seems Sora ...is using CloudFlare for that, which loads the site first going through CloudFlare to make sure the request is valid.

I've had that happen to me a lot too, and there's a simple little trick you can use to circumvent the issue.

If you see the message about CloudFlare and DDOS, after hitting reply, do exactly ONE thing. Wait a few seconds to make sure the loading is complete, then press the BACK button in your browser, JUST ONCE, then re-click the button used to post your message.

When you have clicked 'Back', you will be looking at the reply you wrote, all witticisms and other assorted wiley items inserted as you wanted... and you just have to press the button again that posts the message.

I was in the hospital a few years back for more than 2 months, and occasionally had what I thought was the hottest nurse ever. I nicknamed her "Miss Perfectionist" because she did EVERYTHING by the books. Even those things that other nurses were ignoring, because they felt too overworked as it was, and they gauged certain things to be... not as important.

Anyhow, I was quite certain she must have been straight out of school, and was just incredibly good at her job. So I wanted to guess her age... but she wouldn't give me a number. Instead, she volunteered that she had two kids one of which was a teenager, and wanted me to guess instead, how old she was when she first became pregnant.

This put me in a huge quandary, because I was so positive that she was in her early 20's, at most. I thought 19 were possible, but she would have had to been a genius, skipped multiple years of school, to finish her nursing studies, and then land a job in a full hospital. So I told her I needed to ponder my answer, because it was too hard. When she came back, I figured she would try to kill me after my answer 9 years old, because I thought that was the very earliest that she would likely have been ready to conceive.

She didn't kill me, but apparently I'm not as good as guessing ages as I used to be. But despite the jaw-dropping and her response (a shot to my arm, which was fortunately healthy), I thinjk she was overall pleased with my reply. (So long as no new rumours started amongst her co-workers as a result.)

And I'll bet you anything, the reason she answered in a riddle, was because in her Code of Conduct she was sworn to follow, in included a specification that she was not permitted to give any patient personal details about herself, and used the riddle to allow me ti guess better, thereby still following her Conduct Rules. See what a perfectionist does?!

Kudos go out to my roommate at the time, for "Swallowing the most vile substance imaginable".

He too had an infection in his blood, and was being given an antibiotic via intravenous saline-drip. His nurse was clearing the line from the machine, and poured a small amount of excess antibiotic into a cup, meaning to take it with her as she left.... but she forgot.

When Ms. Perfectionist returned, I asked on his half, what was my fave question of my stay. "What is the effect of taking an intravenous antibiotic internally?" My roommate didn't get it, but I got to see Ms. Perfectionist laugh quite nicely. Mission completed Successfully!

And now, due to the length of time it took to compose this, I'm about to experience the DDOS thing again.... I'm ready to wait, click Back, then repost it. Big Grin

~sees the message Checking your browser before accessing agarioforums.net as expected~

~pats himself on the back with his tiny multi-jointed paw for being such a smart 'lil squirrel & teaching all who see this, his little trick~

You're welcome!
Thanks for the technical support help, that will make things easier...next time I think I lose everything I've typed  Big Grin  . As for me looking young  Blush  Thanks.  I'll take it..even though you've never seen me in person, I'll still take it ...lol I would also like to add...I don't have wrinkles, I merely have wisdom creasesTongue

(08-11-2016, 08:06 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-11-2016, 02:15 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: Omg I had a witty response all typed up, and the page decided to reload, so I lost it all....grrr Dodgy . 

Special tech-support-like add-in:

You're welcome!

LOL you're good at such long posts! I can tell you haven't got anything to do at work. Big Grin
(08-12-2016, 01:29 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: LOL you're good at such long posts! I can tell you haven't got anything to do at work. Big Grin

Hah! The joke's on you! I was off work today. 4 days on, 4 days off. But every work shift is 12 hours long. I prefer it to so many 8 hr days.

But since I work at nights (and hence, there's generally less to do, unless it's a bad night), I still tend to have time to spare.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • DTricksplit, Yugopolis
(08-12-2016, 02:35 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 01:29 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: LOL you're good at such long posts! I can tell you haven't got anything to do at work. Big Grin

Hah! The joke's on you! I was off work today. 4 days on, 4 days off. But every work shift is 12 hours long. I prefer it to so many 8 hr days.

But since I work at nights (and hence, there's generally less to do, unless it's a bad night), I still tend to have time to spare.

So is it true that a part time job pays worse than a full time job?
  • Squirrel
(08-14-2016, 02:17 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: So is it true that a part time job pays worse than a full time job?

Generally, yes, that's true.

Some companies, particularly if they are unionized, fight in their collective bargaining for the right to hire x% of their staff as part-time, so that they can meet their budgets.

In other cases, the part-time workers are generally your "less experienced" workers, so they might make a bit less, due mostly to their experience level.

Once you've identified that you have a good guy working for you, who is a part-timer, you'll pay them a bit better if you like them, offer them more hours, where possible, and frequently try to coax them to full time, once a full-time position opens up.

I was the Manager of a Tech Support crew for a few years, and generally had twice as many part-timers as full-timers. It helped keep the costs down, but mostly I found it was very helpful, because often there were last minute changes, where someone couldn't do his shift, or suddenly became unavailable to work, so for me, back then, all those part-timers was my safety net, so that if one of the full-timers called to say, "Sorry I can't work there anymore", then I had a chance at filling the shifts.

It worked out for me, at least!

Young people can have a lot of trouble looking for work. Youth unemployment is generally around 20% -- and that's just the ones that your government knows about! So guys are typically willing to take part-time work, as it gets their foot in the door, and they hope that they can manage more hours, as time goes by.

I remember that I, as a younger guy, had 4 part-time jobs simultaneously for awhile.
- Tech support for an ISP (2-4 days/wk, assorted hours, most on weekends)
- Teaching adults how to use computers (weekday evenings, Mon-Thurs, just 3 hrs/night)
- Pitching in on an IT project for a law firm; mostly menial work -- I called myself a "staple-puller", lol, but liked that, because big law firms have money to burn (a few days a week, after hours, whenever I wanted to, so that really helped me fit it in)
- Helping out with a friend and his partner, who'd started an IT Consulting firm. (Infrequent hours, and most, which I never billed for. Anyone who's tried starting a company, knows that it is very hard.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Yugopolis
I'd probably choose invincibility (so I could do crazy stuff for thrills i.e: jumps off Empire state building... doesn't get a scratch lol.)
Also i'd choose being able to fly as fast as I want, and be able to fly wherever I want (goes in space)
I've always had dreams of flying, flying would be AWESOME, overall if I could fly I would be happy af. Big Grin Heart Big Grin
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
(08-14-2016, 07:19 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 02:17 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: So is it true that a part time job pays worse than a full time job?

Generally, yes, that's true.

Some companies, particularly if they are unionized, fight in their collective bargaining for the right to hire x% of their staff as part-time, so that they can meet their budgets.

In other cases, the part-time workers are generally your "less experienced" workers, so they might make a bit less, due mostly to their experience level.

Once you've identified that you have a good guy working for you, who is a part-timer, you'll pay them a bit better if you like them, offer them more hours, where possible, and frequently try to coax them to full time, once a full-time position opens up.

I was the Manager of a Tech Support crew for a few years, and generally had twice as many part-timers as full-timers. It helped keep the costs down, but mostly I found it was very helpful, because often there were last minute changes, where someone couldn't do his shift, or suddenly became unavailable to work, so for me, back then, all those part-timers was my safety net, so that if one of the full-timers called to say, "Sorry I can't work there anymore", then I had a chance at filling the shifts.

It worked out for me, at least!

Young people can have a lot of trouble looking for work. Youth unemployment is generally around 20% -- and that's just the ones that your government knows about! So guys are typically willing to take part-time work, as it gets their foot in the door, and they hope that they can manage more hours, as time goes by.

I remember that I, as a younger guy, had 4 part-time jobs simultaneously for awhile.
- Tech support for an ISP (2-4 days/wk, assorted hours, most on weekends)
- Teaching adults how to use computers (weekday evenings, Mon-Thurs, just 3 hrs/night)
- Pitching in on an IT project for a law firm; mostly menial work -- I called myself a "staple-puller", lol, but liked that, because big law firms have money to burn (a few days a week, after hours, whenever I wanted to, so that really helped me fit it in)
- Helping out with a friend and his partner, who'd started an IT Consulting firm. (Infrequent hours, and most, which I never billed for. Anyone who's tried starting a company, knows that it is very hard.)

Personally I'd really want a full time job because it pays off better. But as you say it's really hard to get a job at all. And unfortunately in my country there's way too many part time jobs. People here are proud of that; "in this way we can get way more people to work!"

Well, I wouldn't want to earn less just because the unemployment rate is high. Dodgy
  • Squirrel
(08-15-2016, 01:48 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: Personally I'd really want a full time job because it pays off better. But as you say it's really hard to get a job at all. And unfortunately in my country there's way too many part time jobs. People here are proud of that; "in this way we can get way more people to work!"

Well, I wouldn't want to earn less just because the unemployment rate is high. Dodgy

The other thing to remember is, a few part-time jobs can put some teeth into your resume. Until you have some work experience in the line of work you're looking for, it'll usually be a struggle.

And something I've been against -- a bunch of governments push the whole "retraining" thing. They will offer some money to employers who take on students, or subsudize students directly.

I have nothing against retraining people. but what I do have a problem with, are all the times that the retraining courses are essentially just an additional revenue stream, and way for the governments to put up lower 'unemployment' numbers, keeping the students off that list, and using the retraining jobs to lower it.

If you ever take a retraining course, do some research first, and see what the predictions are like for that area of job creation. If they are predicting heavy job losses in a sector, it hardly makes sense to "train" for it. But the schools, nor the gov't will care, so long as the school gets your money, and the gov't gets to keep you out of the 'unemployed' list a little while longer.

So always do your research before retraining!

Studies agree that if there's less tyan about 8% unemployment, then businesses have a hard time
Fight the Good Fight
Honestly I would like to breathe underwater and also breathe oxygen. Just to see what's in the deep depths of the ocean. What myths are true and what type of creatures there are. That would be awesome to explore. Tongue
[Image: Zm1C4cj.jpg]

[Image: UcwcCQa.gif]

Update 11/27/2018: 
Discord: FGFC820#9092  
[-] The following 1 user Likes FGFC820's post:
  • DTricksplit