Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I edit my profile on this site?
Hey I see some people have put down their gender, bio and eventually birth date but I couldn't find that anywhere. Could anyone help me out? I'd like to have those kind of things written down on my page. Smile

For sure I'll look back on this topic in about six months thinking how stupid I didn't know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yugopolis's post:
  • Voakie
(08-02-2016, 01:00 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: Hey I see some people have put down their gender, bio and eventually birth date but I couldn't find that anywhere. Could anyone help me out? I'd like to have those kind of things written down on my page. Smile

For sure I'll look back on this topic in about six months thinking how stupid I didn't know.

It's really not all that intuitive... unless you've been on many similar sites, and recognize the little 'gears' icon for being a gateway to all things administrative/settings related.

So find those gears up near the top banner, click it, and then in the pane at the left, scroll down to Profile, and click on 'Edit Profile'.

Good luck to ya out there!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Voakie
(08-02-2016, 07:34 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 01:00 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: Hey I see some people have put down their gender, bio and eventually birth date but I couldn't find that anywhere. Could anyone help me out? I'd like to have those kind of things written down on my page. Smile

It's really not all that intuitive... unless you've been on many similar sites, and recognize the little 'gears' icon for being a gateway to all things administrative/settings related.

So find those gears up near the top banner, click it, and then in the pane at the left, scroll down to Profile, and click on 'Edit Profile'.

Good luck to ya out there!

Oh I just thought that was a further tool bar so not clickable. Amazing thanks for your help Squirrel! Heart
(08-02-2016, 03:21 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: Oh I just thought that was a further tool bar so not clickable. Amazing thanks for your help Squirrel! Heart

It took me a bit too, to notice it... And if you think that's bad. about a month into my stay here, I finally realized that "Play AGF" thing up at the top was actually the button you used to... ~smirk~ ... play on the AGF server that everyone was talking about.

Any time you get stuck, ask, and help will be right around the corner! Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
  • Yugopolis
(08-03-2016, 01:46 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 03:21 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: Oh I just thought that was a further tool bar so not clickable. Amazing thanks for your help Squirrel! Heart

It took me a bit too, to notice it... And if you think that's bad. about a month into my stay here, I finally realized that "Play AGF" thing up at the top was actually the button you used to... ~smirk~ ... play on the AGF server that everyone was talking about.

Any time you get stuck, ask, and help will be right around the corner! Big Grin

The AGF server is a private server from this site, right? I was there on the first day I found this website but there were only some 13 years olds being annoying so I didn't really enjoy. You know I go on agarserv.com too when I'm bored. There are sometimes sick rooms haha. But the original agar.io is still my favourite.
(08-03-2016, 07:32 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: The AGF server is a private server from this site, right? I was there on the first day I found this website but there were only some 13 years olds being annoying so I didn't really enjoy. You know I go on agarserv.com too when I'm bored. There are sometimes sick rooms haha. But the original agar.io is still my favourite.

Yes, as I understand it, @Sora provides both these forums, and the AGF private server.

Kids love to have fun (I know, since I have 3, with #4 incoming...), and kids will be kids, so sure, sometimes the in-game chat is going to be typical of immature boys... but with practise (I've had decades of it, lol), you can have your eyes tune out the stuff you don't care about (immature chatter/namecalling/etc.), and focus more on the names of those you're having fun with, and tease them.

The ability to in-game tease, is worth the price of having to learn to sometimes ignore the boys who are still boys. (After all, what else could you expect them to be?!)
Fight the Good Fight
(08-04-2016, 02:34 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 07:32 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: The AGF server is a private server from this site, right? I was there on the first day I found this website but there were only some 13 years olds being annoying so I didn't really enjoy. You know I go on agarserv.com too when I'm bored. There are sometimes sick rooms haha. But the original agar.io is still my favourite.

Yes, as I understand it, @Sora provides both these forums, and the AGF private server.

Kids love to have fun (I know, since I have 3, with #4 incoming...), and kids will be kids, so sure, sometimes the in-game chat is going to be typical of immature boys... but with practise (I've had decades of it, lol), you can have your eyes tune out the stuff you don't care about (immature chatter/namecalling/etc.), and focus more on the names of those you're having fun with, and tease them.

The ability to in-game tease, is worth the price of having to learn to sometimes ignore the boys who are still boys. (After all, what else could you expect them to be?!)

Sounds reliable honestly. Yeah I know it's just what they're used to but in the end I'm not really used to some of them "ruling" the whole server... And when you're getting big they're just having empty brains.

I still need to read about the meetings/competitions(?) on the private server here. I saw there's another board for those. Some boards I still need to check out actually haha
(08-04-2016, 09:57 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: Sounds reliable honestly. Yeah I know it's just what they're used to but in the end I'm not really used to some of them "ruling" the whole server... And when you're getting big they're just having empty brains.

I still need to read about the meetings/competitions(?) on the private server here. I saw there's another board for those. Some boards I still need to check out actually haha

I don't understand all that either, because I rarely play on AGF.

No, the Forums are the vehicle that have allowed me to meet all sorts of new people, both young and older, and I love it. Big Grin

It fills in nicely for the chat in the public game that will never come!
Fight the Good Fight
  • Yugopolis