Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: is it time to get rid of secret rooms?
Yes: unless there's a fix
No: cheating isn't a big enough problem
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
get rid of the secret rooms! (poll)
WHO THINKS WE NEED TO GET RID OF THE SECRET ROOMS?
The (not very) secret rooms regularly get used to hide the viruses, and as a way to enable multiple browser use. If these issues cant be fixed, then it might be time to ditch the rooms as a way to keep the game moving without cheaters. 
YOUR OPINION MATTERS!

as a possible fix, I suggest an automatic server reset every 30 min. simple, clean, efficient. There could be a countdown timer on the game board so everyone would be aware. this would discourage cheating and allow little guys a fair chance at a restart every half hour. I would like to mention once again though, that most of this type of behavior started immediately after the introduction of the "leaderboard", which I believe encourages bad behavior instead of just letting the game be a game of "in the moment" as it should be. I am still against the list of cheaters and lowest common denominator splitrun teams.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • DTricksplit, FGFC820, QueenHeather, Robin , Storm網, ™ Chronic , ℱIRE
Some people like no virus others dont their should be a no virus server. Also if the server restarts every 30 minutes how are you suppose to get a high score like 90k?
(08-01-2016, 10:38 PM)GαlαxyWσlf Wrote: Some people like no virus others dont their should be a no virus server. Also if the server restarts  every 30 minutes how are you suppose to get a high score like 90k?

As we discussed earlier, a no virus board is no fun for anyone. the small guys cant get big, and the big guys get bored because theres nothing to eat.
I'm gonna refer you back up to my post about the leaderboard....who cares what your score is? it's about being in the moment and beating the guy thats trying to eat you, no matter if your in 1st place or in 21st place at the time. Try to have fun without leaderboard recognition. I rarely play with the same name twice (because I dont care who knows me), and often get to and hold 1st place....it's all about the struggle, not the result...this isnt a game that you "beat", it's just a flirt with adrenaline, and if it's not then your doing it wrong. so go for skill, or find a good teamate instead of trying to cheat...you'll have more fun!
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel
Viruses getting stuck in portal is actually fixed in the latest update/repack, but it's not the one you're currently playing on yet. I tried it out about 3 weeks ago, but figured there were some bugs to patch. In the meantime, i'm compiling these big updates into one enhanced source with a lot of new features.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 4 users Like Sora's post:
  • run SPOT run , Voakie , WORMWOOD, ✨101✨
This is a horrible idea. I found the rooms and it's pretty awesome. Leave it how it is.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Reaction 's post:
  • GαlαxyWσlf
(08-02-2016, 02:24 AM)REACTION Wrote: This is a horrible idea. I found the rooms and it's pretty awesome. Leave it how it is.

to be clear, it's not actually the rooms that bother me, it's the loophole hacks that do. If you haven't experienced them, you wouldn't understand. the use of these "hacks" has become more frequent lately, and only will become more so as more people understand how it's done. if/when the stuck virus issue gets solved, I'll be happy. as far as multiple browser window use, that doesn't bother me nearly as much...it's cheap and weak, but if that's what you feel you gotta do, then whatever, cuz it actually seals off the secret rooms anyway! hahaha...anyway, as a regular player, I'm just interested in continued interest and playabillity on the AGF server. I know the title of the poll is drastic, but in the spirit of fair and fun gameplay, something needs to be done before this turns into an epidemic (sounds like SORA's on it though). btw...dont think I've met you Reaction, thanx for commenting on the poll!
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • GαlαxyWσlf
Yes stay away from the secret rooms unless it's fix.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginaowens's post:
  • run SPOT run , Voakie
I'm hesitating. The worst things of the secret rooms are the campers and hiding the viruses. Although viruses can be quite annoying sometimes, the game needs them to allow everyone a good chance of getting big.
But on the other hand, some people (like me) like to just hop in the secret room every now and then and get 2k as a 'start bonus'. 
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 1 user Likes ℱIRE 's post:
  • run SPOT run
I personally hate the rooms. I mean, it practically breeds camping. It encourages people to just cheat their way to first by depending on powerups. I think they should be improved, not deleted, but I think deletion is better than nothing.
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. 

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." -Bruce Lee
[-] The following 1 user Likes sgaf's post:
  • run SPOT run
first room was a hit second room things started going downhill remove farming in second room instead of removing it all together should help
BANNED
still loving the secret rooms? I know multi tab users do...his 4th was in the other room lol
[Image: a9d8eee128a94eb8a8b90dfaa3e10e41.png]
Hey if someone is in the 1st room for too long, simply shoot viruses down at them (either they leave via the portal or you can eat them.) For the 2nd room, remember the most mass a player can attain is like 24k the rest is all power up collection, in this case just have some virus traps in the top right corner, as soon as the person from the 2nd room spawns, spam them with viruses, generally in this situation players panic, in turn they end up using use some insta combines (E's) , you continue attacking them with viruses and eventually you destroy them.

I think the rooms should stay, they definitely keep the game unique and interesting. Plus having the rooms is another aspect of AGF which makes it stand out from agar.io like games, also it challenges players to use skill to destroy campers (the best is when some guy camps for like 20 minutes and then once they enter the main map I destroy them in 30 seconds xD).
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • run SPOT run
I actually like the rooms. They are fun to try to get into. I say let's keep them they are entertaining.
(08-07-2016, 07:40 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: Hey if someone is in the 1st room for too long, simply shoot viruses down at them (either they leave via the portal or you can eat them.) For the 2nd room, remember the most mass a player can attain can get is like 24k the rest is all power up collection, in this case just have some virus traps in the top right corner, as soon as the person from the 2nd room spawns, spam them with viruses, generally in this situation players panic, in turn they end up using use some insta combines (E's) , you continue attacking them with viruses and eventually you destroy them.

I think the rooms should stay, they definitely keep the game unique and interesting. Plus having the rooms is another aspect of AGF which makes it stand out from agar.io like games, also it challenges players to use skill to destroy campers (the best is when some guy camps for like 20 minutes and then once they enter the main map I destroy them in 30 seconds xD).

i get nervous about putting any viruses in the hole if ya know what i mean....like I said earlier, idk about campers, its funny to me. but I most certainly do hate the locked up viruses. you are totally correct in your description of how to deal with campers though, and thats some solid advice for anyone that needs it! thanx for your thoughtful and informative response.
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel , ✨101✨
(08-08-2016, 05:15 AM)run SPOT run Wrote:
(08-07-2016, 07:40 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: Hey if someone is in the 1st room for too long, simply shoot viruses down at them (either they leave via the portal or you can eat them.) For the 2nd room, remember the most mass a player can attain can get is like 24k the rest is all power up collection, in this case just have some virus traps in the top right corner, as soon as the person from the 2nd room spawns, spam them with viruses, generally in this situation players panic, in turn they end up using use some insta combines (E's) , you continue attacking them with viruses and eventually you destroy them.

i get nervous about putting any viruses in the hole if ya know what i mean....like I said earlier, idk about campers, its funny to me. but I most certainly do hate the locked up viruses. you are totally correct in your description of how to deal with campers though, and thats some solid advice for anyone that needs it! thanx for your thoughtful and informative response.
ya I hate when viruses get stuck in the portal , give credit to @plsdonteatme for starting this phenomenon Kappa
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]