Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You children don't know how to team
I always team because that helps me get a higher score and I'm a rather loyal teamer. But lately it's been happening more and more we find a third teamer (better chances on a back up) and when I'm the smallest one of them eats me. That's so dumb it's not like you get more chances when you are with two instead of one except if one isn't loyal to the group! It even happens when I team with only one person, those are rather total eejits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yugopolis's post:
  • Breakfast
I don't know if you mean Children in general or just *these* Children. Anyways, I am a Children (< 18) and I am pretty aware how to Team. Big Grin

I don't know where the sudden change of teaming behaviour came from, but it could be from agf getting more popular. Most of *these* aren't on the Forums anyways, so we can't ask them...
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Doigt, Squirrel
(07-30-2016, 09:57 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: I always team because that helps me get a higher score and I'm a rather loyal teamer. But lately it's been happening more and more we find a third teamer (better chances on a back up) and when I'm the smallest one of them eats me. That's so dumb it's not like you get more chances when you are with two instead of one except if one isn't loyal to the group! It even happens when I team with only one person, those are rather total eejits.

I kind of love children, so I'm with @Voakie , it's not a great choice to use the word as a put-down...

But I know what you mean.

Now... did you mean 'teaming' in a FFA, or FFA-like (ie: AGF) game? Because I play the 'Teams' mode, and that sort is quite different.

If you're talking about FFA, I will often try to break up a team by eating the smaller player. Not only that, if one is better than the other, I'll wait for the better player to be the small-fry in the team, and then eat them.

It's fun, and keeps teams in check. (They can easily dominate a game.)

Now, if you're like me, and play in the 'Teams' mode, I agree that there's not as many 'team' players as one would hope for. And in that case, I say that it's all part of being a team player, and in certain situations, it's good for you to die, so that a strong teammate can survive.

I suppose the idea of a Squirrel as a bodyguard is.... bizarre... but in this game, in Teams, it happens on a regular basis. Smile

Here's hoping that you explain what happened a bit more, so we can properly console you! Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Doigt, Voakie
Always a positive team guide to the right way and create better chance to score more and more. It's getting more interesting to play with a strong and loyal team member.
(08-01-2016, 02:34 PM)ginaowens Wrote: Always a positive team guide to the right way and create better chance to score more and more. It's getting more interesting to play with a strong and loyal team member.

Sure, the game is always more fun if you have a strong and loyal teammate to play with! Do you do it in FFA, or Teams? Or in AGF/FFA? It's even more fun if there's chat.

Alas, there's no Teams mode to AGF, so I still prefer the public Teams. (Although, I sure enjoyed Karla taking me for a spin... lol. And I'd dare say that is exactly the situation you described! Big Grin

The regular game has fake-Jumbo's... but we have fake-Karla's. (lol!)
Fight the Good Fight
I don't like children so I don't care. I'm not a weak player actually, I regularly get like >4k-6k in a good game. I'm not playing since so long so that might be why I don't have pro skins yet but should that be a reason to give me less chances as teamer being? Actually I love some of the other skins which might be "non-pro".

Btw @Squirrel I meant FFA, I don't like the red-blue-green team game as I always have the worst team anyway and if I share with smaller ones they just let themselves get eaten (take that as a tip: if you have lots of mass in the Team mode just give a little bit to your own colour. They need it and they might be able to keep you better alive Smile )
(08-02-2016, 12:32 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: I don't like children so I don't care. I'm not a weak player actually, I regularly get like >4k-6k in a good game. I'm not playing since so long so that might be why I don't have pro skins yet but should that be a reason to give me less chances as teamer being? Actually I love some of the other skins which might be "non-pro".

Btw @Squirrel I meant FFA, I don't like the red-blue-green team game as I always have the worst team anyway and if I share with smaller ones they just let themselves get eaten (take that as a tip: if you have lots of mass in the Team mode just give a little bit to your own colour. They need it and they might be able to keep you better alive Smile )

Hehe, no need to tip me, I've done most of it, considering that albeit my play-time has vastly decreased, I still am in the higher-70's. And yes, you're right... Generally in Teams, you start on the worst of the three teams. I look at it as a challenge to help those who need it the most. Big Grin

And if you get tired of dying... just leave the window there, do something else for 5-10 mins, and come back to the game. You usually find that things have managed to even out while you were off being frustrated. ~grin~
Fight the Good Fight
(08-02-2016, 02:44 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 12:32 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: I don't like children so I don't care. I'm not a weak player actually, I regularly get like >4k-6k in a good game. I'm not playing since so long so that might be why I don't have pro skins yet but should that be a reason to give me less chances as teamer being? Actually I love some of the other skins which might be "non-pro".

Hehe, no need to tip me, I've done most of it, considering that albeit my play-time has vastly decreased, I still am in the higher-70's. And yes, you're right... Generally in Teams, you start on the worst of the three teams. I look at it as a challenge to help those who need it the most. Big Grin

And if you get tired of dying... just leave the window there, do something else for 5-10 mins, and come back to the game. You usually find that things have managed to even out while you were off being frustrated. ~grin~

Yeah true it's nice when you come back and see your team has grown as you stay on the same colour I believe. But I always go for own success honesly. :3 So I use FFA and often play on my own unless if I find a nice teamer. I mean I'd never join a group like TYT, I don't like those guys they should go for themselves imho. No offense for TYT players intended of course!
The reason why I stopped playing is explained by the appearance of teams. Remember the good ol' days when you had to have actual skills and some luck to get in the top 3? Free for all meant free for all back then, but later, those who I consider to be untalented players found an unfair strategy to get to the top, forever changing how the game is played.

I smile whenever I see someone complain about bad teamates (the traitors, the fakes, etc) in ffa; It just reminds me how it used to be the norm to go solo and that it used to be much more interesting and challenging to get to the top. Now Free for all means "Get a team as fast as possible", the mentality of agar players has changed so much since then. It's always interesting to see how players discuss of this new reality.

Post Script
I never really noticed any form of team cohesion and cooperation in Team mode, something which I've always thought to be quite ironic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-02-2016, 04:43 PM)Doigt Wrote: The reason why I stopped playing is explained by the appearance of teams. Remember the good ol' days when you had to have actual skills and some luck to get in the top 3? Free for all meant free for all back then, but later, what I consider to be untalented players would find an unfair strategy to get to the top, forever changing how the game is played.

I smile whenever I see someone complain about bad teamates (the traitors, the fakes, etc) in ffa; It just reminds me how it used to be the norm to go solo and that it used to be much more interesting and challenging to get to the top. Now Free for all means "Get a team as fast as possible", the mentality of agar players has changed so much since then. It's always interesting to see how players discuss of this new reality.

Post Script
I never really noticed any form of team cohesion and cooperation in Team mode, something which I've always thought to be quite ironic.

Yeah pal I understand it's annoying when you support solo playing and there's always teams as enemies. It's a choice you make each game whether you'd like to team or not. It might help reaching the top but solo playing might result in your highscore too. So that happened to me today. Smile

[Image: 14uuvki.png]

I was the whole time either on the first or second place and I didn't really use teams. Sometimes I gave some mass to other players so they'd give me lots back and I could beat a big guy. I'd give them their old amount back adding a little bonus for the help, but not all, so I wouldn't definy that especially as teaming. They gave viruses to my enemies too btw. And I got beaten by a team with high level skins while I'm at level 35 atm.

So it's not like I need teaming to get a nice score. I just use it regularly to gain more points.
  • Squirrel
(08-02-2016, 04:43 PM)Doigt Wrote: The reason why I stopped playing is explained by the appearance of teams. Remember the good ol' days when you had to have actual skills and some luck to get in the top 3? Free for all meant free for all back then, but later, what I consider to be untalented players would find an unfair strategy to get to the top, forever changing how the game is played.

Post Script

I agree with what you said.... but I also see the other side of it.

Some people don't get much enjoyment out of playing a game 'alone' or just for themselves. (Like me, for example. Which is why you'll usually find me in the public 'Teams' game.)

If you're in FFA, maybe you're not a great player. Is the leaderboard so important, that it has to broadcast those with skills only?

If your prey never has the ability to get it's name in lights, won't it become dejected, leave the game, and then leave you with fewer things to figure out how to eat?? Wink

And while yes, it's true what you say about the public 'Teams' game -- many (I'm being charitable here) still think they're in FFA --there ARE some Team players, and the only way it will get better, is by people espousing the 'Team' tactics, and trying to get noticed, and find good team players, then... ~gasp!~ TEAM with them!

(And, in fairness... it's easy for a Team of players to get broken up. When I encounter a team, the very first thing I do, is look for the tiny followers, and eat them first. Or you can cut someone off, and force them away from their team. So yes, you have to be flexible. Once you're separated from your Team, then you start again, looking for a decent player to team with.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Yugopolis
(08-03-2016, 01:56 AM)Squirrel Wrote:

Post Script

I agree with what you said.... but I also see the other side of it.

Some people don't get much enjoyment out of playing a game 'alone' or just for themselves. (Like me, for example. Which is why you'll usually find me in the public 'Teams' game.)

If you're in FFA, maybe you're not a great player. Is the leaderboard so important, that it has to broadcast those with skills only?

If your prey never has the ability to get it's name in lights, won't it become dejected, leave the game, and then leave you with fewer things to figure out how to eat?? Wink

And while yes, it's true what you say about the public 'Teams' game -- many (I'm being charitable here) still think they're in FFA --there ARE some Team players, and the only way it will get better, is by people espousing the 'Team' tactics, and trying to get noticed, and find good team players, then... ~gasp!~ TEAM with them!

(And, in fairness... it's easy for a Team of players to get broken up. When I encounter a team, the very first thing I do, is look for the tiny followers, and eat them first. Or you can cut someone off, and force them away from their team. So yes, you have to be flexible. Once you're separated from your Team, then you start again, looking for a decent player to team with.)

Yeah exactly. Sometimes I'm teaming with someone who makes rather many mistakes but I won't eat them because of that I mean they probably notice their mistakes too no need for any "punishment". ;p

Your post(s) motivate me to do the Team mode on agar.io again. I used to do it rather often but I got bored because of bad team players. Additive to this, you miss your cool skin in the Team mode. D:

Normally I don't team with people who are already teaming. It's also difficult to find a third team player when you already have one. Your team player might think it's a trick or whatever haha. So in different games (same room) I find different team players and sometimes they come back and we're both happy. Sometimes two of them come back at the same time then I need to make them understand I'm friends with both so they better become friends too.

However, yes, if I have the abilty to, I will eat the weakest team player first. Sometimes then it's not possible anymore to eat the other one so I'd leave it be. Unless if they're willing to team me.
  • Squirrel
(08-03-2016, 07:28 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: Yeah exactly. Sometimes I'm teaming with someone who makes rather many mistakes but I won't eat them because of that I mean they probably notice their mistakes too no need for any "punishment". ;p

Your post(s) motivate me to do the Team mode on agar.io again. I used to do it rather often but I got bored because of bad team players. Additive to this, you miss your cool skin in the Team mode. D:

Normally I don't team with people who are already teaming. It's also difficult to find a third team player when you already have one. Your team player might think it's a trick or whatever haha. So in different games (same room) I find different team players and sometimes they come back and we're both happy. Sometimes two of them come back at the same time then I need to make them understand I'm friends with both so they better become friends too.

However, yes, if I have the abilty to, I will eat the weakest team player first. Sometimes then it's not possible anymore to eat the other one so I'd leave it be. Unless if they're willing to team me.

Unlike FFA, where almost every 'team' consists of 2 players, in 'Teams' it's best achieved by more of a 'pack mentality'.... The more people there are in your pack, the easier it is to gain kills, and the more capabilities that team then has.

For example, when I come across such a pack that is chasing one of the bigger players, I always join in... if I'm too small to do much, I will use myself as a shield between a virus and my team's bigger attacking players -- and look to try to shoot off a new obstacle and blow the target up. If I'm bigger, I wioill be looking to kill off any helpers that the enemy large player has picked up.

It's quite fun! But it's always fluid... I might only be teaming with a pack for a minute. And then there's times we'll be mostly together for a half hour or more.

Another nice thing about packs... your 'pack' is spread out a bit, which makes it easier to refind your pack after your sub-mission, and join back up with them.

I hope I see you in there! And hopefully, we'll be on the same team! (lol)

And yeahy, you're right about skins.... but quite frankly, I could care less about the skins personally anyways. If there's one thing missing in the public game, it's the ability to chat.
Fight the Good Fight
  • Yugopolis
(08-04-2016, 02:23 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 07:28 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: Yeah exactly. Sometimes I'm teaming with someone who makes rather many mistakes but I won't eat them because of that I mean they probably notice their mistakes too no need for any "punishment". ;p

Unlike FFA, where almost every 'team' consists of 2 players, in 'Teams' it's best achieved by more of a 'pack mentality'.... The more people there are in your pack, the easier it is to gain kills, and the more capabilities that team then has.

For example, when I come across such a pack that is chasing one of the bigger players, I always join in... if I'm too small to do much, I will use myself as a shield between a virus and my team's bigger attacking players -- and look to try to shoot off a new obstacle and blow the target up. If I'm bigger, I wioill be looking to kill off any helpers that the enemy large player has picked up.

It's quite fun! But it's always fluid... I might only be teaming with a pack for a minute. And then there's times we'll be mostly together for a half hour or more.

Another nice thing about packs... your 'pack' is spread out a bit, which makes it easier to refind your pack after your sub-mission, and join back up with them.

I hope I see you in there! And hopefully, we'll be on the same team! (lol)

And yeahy, you're right about skins.... but quite frankly, I could care less about the skins personally anyways. If there's one thing missing in the public game, it's the ability to chat.

Yeah omg chatting should be a thing in agar. But honestly I think it'd only cause fights. Maybe teamers could use it, but that's in fact unfair game play and I kinda understand agar doesn't support that. Maybe it's an idea to chat with your own colour in Team mode? That shouldn't be a pain... And an anti-spam system of course >_>

Your tactics are amazing btw, I wish more people would think like that in Team mode. Unfortunately lots go for own success but then you should go to FFA. Smile

I have some lovely skins... I think they kinda show off your personality. I have the weird bird from Friday the 13th for example. That's how I am; chaotic but stylish :Big Grin

And I bought the green coloured Wojak... that's just a fun one to try out when the birthday skins are gone in half a year.

Oh and it happened again! My team bud and me were on the first places and he eat me LOL what a dumbhead ^^
(08-04-2016, 09:53 PM)Yugopolis Wrote: Yeah omg chatting should be a thing in agar. But honestly I think it'd only cause fights. Maybe teamers could use it, but that's in fact unfair game play and I kinda understand agar doesn't support that. Maybe it's an idea to chat with your own colour in Team mode? That shouldn't be a pain... And an anti-spam system of course >_>

Your tactics are amazing btw, I wish more people would think like that in Team mode. Unfortunately lots go for own success but then you should go to FFA. Smile

I have some lovely skins... I think they kinda show off your personality. I have the weird bird from Friday the 13th for example. That's how I am; chaotic but stylish :Big Grin

And I bought the green coloured Wojak... that's just a fun one to try out when the birthday skins are gone in half a year.

Oh and it happened again! My team bud and me were on the first places and he eat me LOL what a dumbhead ^^

I think it would be so funny.... you'd see some guy floating along and blow up because he's typing, getting mad at someone, instead of steering... And you'd have the 'chat killers', cruising the edges for easy prey who are busy chatting. Big Grin

But they won't do it, because that would make their bandwidth expendable suddenly into an open curve... all over people's stupidity. Sad
Fight the Good Fight
  • Yugopolis