53.33%
8 53.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.22 Average
1st AGF Team Tournament!
Star 
//EDIT: We will have our own private server on AGF too! (Thanks to @Sora)

Hey!

You might now be wondering: What is this? Here is the answer:

What is this? How does it work?
  • This Tournament will be hosten on either (Agar.io) or AGF. Check the poll.
  • 4 Teams consisting of 2 players will be competing in each round. (Teams per round may be changed)
  • Teams are randomised! (This is, to prevent highly skilled team-takeovers, and, to make us all grow together)
  • Each round will be max. 15 minutes long.
  • To eliminate a team, and win the round you must kill both enemies withing 30 seconds. Means: When you kill enemy 1, you need to kill enemy 2 in the next 30 seconds. Teampartners killing each other does NOT count.
  • To join the Tournament (wich you should), join this Discord group.
  • Joining deadline is August the 7th!!
  • On August the 8th the teams will be announced in said Discord group. Then each team must find a name for themselves. Those need to be posted in the appriorate section until August the 10th. More in said section.
  • The Tournament itself will start August the 13th, 8:30 PM GMT 0 (Friday). Calculate to your timezone!
I hope we can make this work Big Grin

Questions may be posted either here on in the Discord group!
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Breakfast , Dzia , Mikasa, ✨101✨
(07-30-2016, 01:20 AM)Relaxm9 Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 08:19 PM)Voakie Wrote: Hey!

You might now be wondering: What is this? Here is the answer:

What is this? How does it work?
  • This Tournament will be hosten on either (Agar.io) or AGF. Check the poll.
  • 4 Teams consisting of 2 players will be competing in each round. (Teams per round may be changed)
  • Teams are randomised! (This is, to prevent highly skilled team-takeovers, and, to make us all grow together)
  • Each round will be max. 15 minutes long.
  • To eliminate a team, and win the round you must kill both enemies withing 30 seconds. Means: When you kill enemy 1, you need to kill enemy 2 in the next 30 seconds. Teampartners killing each other does NOT count.
  • To join the Tournament (wich you should), join this Discord group.
  • Joining deadline is August the 7th!!
  • On August the 8th the teams will be announced in said Discord group. Then each team must find a name for themselves. Those need to be posted in the appriorate section until August the 10th. More in said section.
  • The Tournament itself will start August the 13th, 8:30 PM GMT 0 (Friday). Calculate to your timezone!
I hope we can make this work Big Grin

Questions may be posted either here on in the Discord group!

Yo bro take my vote from agf and put it in the other m8, IDK how.

I cant, but I'll try to remember that AGF -1 and Agar +1
I think hosting a tournament is a very good idea. But unfortunately, it's a bit too early. We don't have things organized yet, especially not ready for a proper tournament. There's a lot more we can do, and have in place, in order to host a proper tournament. AGF is undergoing changes, as we all know. It hasn't been released yet, but it is under maintenance behind the curtains. And these changes will be major once they're out. It will let tournaments be held in a lot more organized fashion. And advertising for the tournament will be reasonable, because we'd actually have a proper duel arena.
Just a recap of what @Sora is saying. But I think we can give this tournament a tryout, even though things aren't in place yet. It'll be interesting to see, no matter the outcome. It's also a nice reminder that tournaments are great things to have.
-Saruman," I said, standing away from him, "You shall not pass". Saruman said, "I've got powerups". That's the day I learnt, it was best to play on another server. Much rather guard the secret room. It's very nice, grows the old toby. I like the old toby. Sometimes it even unleashes some magical mushrooms that make my world twice as fast. They call it the 2x speed shroom.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gandalf's post:
  • Voakie , ✨101✨
(07-30-2016, 05:16 PM)Gandalf Wrote: I think hosting a tournament is a very good idea. But unfortunately, it's a bit too early. We don't have things organized yet, especially not ready for a proper tournament. There's a lot more we can do, and have in place, in order to host a proper tournament. AGF is undergoing changes, as we all know. It hasn't been released yet, but it is under maintenance behind the curtains. And these changes will be major once they're out. It will let tournaments be held in a lot more organized fashion. And advertising for the tournament will be reasonable, because we'd actually have a proper duel arena.
Just a recap of what @Sora is saying. But I think we can give this tournament a tryout, even though things aren't in place yet. It'll be interesting to see, no matter the outcome. It's also a nice reminder that tournaments are great things to have.

Currently, the votes are voting for an Agar.io Tournament anyways, so we won't have to do it on the crowded AGF. Plus I don't think this will be a huge tournament, we now have 4 players. But we'll see how many will join in the next days Smile

On the other hand, if this goes wrong, we know what to improve next time!
[-] The following 3 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • Breakfast , Relax , Sora
Should I come back for this?
[-] The following 2 users Like Slothy's post:
  • Breakfast , Voakie
(07-30-2016, 09:48 PM)Slothy Wrote: Should I come back for this?

yes

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
this sounds like a cancerous event. private servers are cancerous and this random-team bullshit is cancerous as well. why can't it just be a good-old 2v2 on good-old agar.io? (with ext ofc) please reconsider
Wee Willy Winky runs through the town.
Upstairs downstairs, in his nightgown.
Rapping at the windows, crying through the lock.
Are all the children in their beds? For now it's eight o'clock.
(07-31-2016, 12:02 AM)savant Wrote: this sounds like a cancerous event. private servers are cancerous and this random-team bullshit is cancerous as well. why can't it just be a good-old 2v2 on good-old agar.io? (with ext ofc) please reconsider

It is a 2v2, don't know where the Problem is. The random teams are made to prevent any highly skilled Teams from taking over. And it's just for fun anyways. And if you think AGF is cancer, that's you opinion. If you want to play in an Agar.io party with ext, then you could just join the next Clan tournament at the "other" Forums. They mainly do stuff with Extensions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • run SPOT run
(07-31-2016, 12:02 AM)savant Wrote: this sounds like a cancerous event. private servers are cancerous and this random-team bullshit is cancerous as well. why can't it just be a good-oif this ld 2v2 on good-old agar.io? (with ext ofc) please reconsider

if this is cancerous, then rot me up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-31-2016, 06:20 AM)Voakie Wrote:
(07-31-2016, 12:02 AM)savant Wrote: this sounds like a cancerous event. private servers are cancerous and this random-team bullshit is cancerous as well. why can't it just be a good-old 2v2 on good-old agar.io? (with ext ofc) please reconsider

It is a 2v2, don't know where the Problem is. The random teams are made to prevent any highly skilled Teams from taking over. And it's just for fun anyways. And if you think AGF is cancer, that's you opinion. If you want to play in an Agar.io party with ext, then you could just join the next Clan tournament at the "other" Forums. They mainly do stuff with Extensions.

I just don't believe that highly skilled teams should be punished for being highly skilled. Also, AGF may be good as private servers go, but the mechanics are just not as good as regular agar. Other forum is dead af. Are you referring to the ZT tournament?
(07-31-2016, 11:22 AM)savant Wrote:

I just don't believe that highly skilled teams should be punished for being highly skilled. Also, AGF may be good as private servers go, but the mechanics are just not as good as regular agar. Other forum is dead af. Are you referring to the ZT tournament?

This is not a competition for money, this is just for fun. And I think that if you play AGF often, then you won't really care about who you play with. And most of our members that are active prefer AGF anyways.

I was referring to any Tournament that was there, they were all with ext on agar.io
@savant, Before you reply to Voakie, let me tell you first that I've never seen someone convey a negative train of thought in such a disgusting and disrespectful manner. Emphasis on the disgust I feel from the overall aggressive tone I sensed from your initial reply.

Voakie is simply a moderator and has one job to do: Moderate the forums. However, the nice chap takes his time to organize a tournament and makes this thread to know what the community wants. He didn't impose anything on you or anyone and he's willing to have a discussion about it before making things happen. How ungrateful of you to make use of such a disgusting language when there is nothing he has done to deserve this?

When people interact with each other, they must do so politely and respectfully. This doesn't mean that a fresh vocabulary or slang as we call it is out of question, nor does it mean that you must be the perfect gentleman with the most perfect table manners. It means that you can share your ideas without sounding like a dirty pig. I am quite surprised that I must tell you this in 2016

Now don't get me wrong, you can dislike and disagree with something and you are allowed to lend a voice to this kind of feeling, but it must be done in a constructive and civilized manner. Simply spewing out the insults (and without reason in this case) will not help. On the opposite way, I like how you redeemed yourself in your second response, in which you chose a delightful set of words and explained why you don't want the event to happen on AGF.

Now, I'm sorry for the lengthy post and I also apologize for derailing the thread a little bit.
[-] The following 3 users Like Doigt's post:
  • Squirrel , Voakie , ✨101✨
(07-31-2016, 12:04 PM)Voakie Wrote:
(07-31-2016, 11:22 AM)savant Wrote:

This is not a competition for money, this is just for fun. And I think that if you play AGF often, then you won't really care about who you play with. And most of our members that are active prefer AGF anyways.

I was referring to any Tournament that was there, they were all with ext on agar.io
well I always prefer playing with players of similar skill on regular agar, but I guess I don't speak for anyone else
good luck with the tournament  Smile
We still need a few more members! Don't hesitate to give it a try, it's my first time too Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • ✨101✨
if its not regular agar physics ima just leave and let u guys have fun with the shitty agf physics Smile