Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The New ideas
Hello ladies and gents! Today i will be introducing you the ideas i have in mind.

Debate Tower: Where you can post a debate, like, "Should steroids be legal?"
Forum Awards: You can earn them by having positive ratings and you can get a birthday award on your birthday, plus more.
Name Helping Center: Need help picking a name for yourself? Go here!
Private Server Ideas: Post your ideas and apply to become an ideas helper, then you can deny and accept ideas.

MORE TO COME LATER.

WHERE SHOULD WE START AT?

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

Aaah, where do I start? Before I even begin, this is the wrong section. Announcements are for... well announcements and this is more of a general discussion. There are actually three good places to start this kind of thread.

(07-28-2016, 11:21 PM)REACTION Wrote: Debate Tower: Where you can post a debate, like, "Should steroids be legal?"

You don't need a category for debates, if you want to start or take part in one, just pick the appropriate subject category and go.

Quote:Forum Awards: You can earn them by having positive ratings and you can get a birthday award on your birthday, plus more.

The reason why forum awards are so rare is because they cannot be awarded automatically and I think there is also a 5 maximum, judging from observations, but that's something @Sora will have to confirm to you. I agree with you though that there should be more awards, but it isn't practical for the example above. There should be things like contest awards and there is at least two events/contests that I know of which Sora forgot to update with the winner and award list. (oops) Perhaps the community manager could do just that?

Quote:Name Helping Center: Need help picking a name for yourself? Go here!

Why? I will ask you to elaborate, because I don't actually see this becoming a popular thing if it's what I think you mean.

Quote:Private Server Ideas: Post your ideas and apply to become an ideas helper, then you can deny and accept ideas.
We actually already have a place to share ideas! YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT! Click this link here. You're welcome. I am actually serious. I know it's not quite the exact thing you described, but I don't think it's a good idea to empower users on what appears to be a very subjective criteria. It's fine as it is, or as the saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • Voakie
(07-29-2016, 05:32 AM)Doigt Wrote: Aaah, where do I start? Before I even begin, this is the wrong section. Announcements are for... well announcements and this is more of a general discussion. There are actually three good places to start this kind of thread.

(07-28-2016, 11:21 PM)REACTION Wrote: Debate Tower: Where you can post a debate, like, "Should steroids be legal?"

You don't need a category for debates, if you want to start or take part in one, just pick the appropriate subject category and go.

Quote:Forum Awards: You can earn them by having positive ratings and you can get a birthday award on your birthday, plus more.

The reason why forum awards are so rare is because they cannot be awarded automatically and I think there is also a 5 maximum, judging from observations, but that's something @Sora will have to confirm to you. I agree with you though that there should be more awards, but it isn't practical for the example above. There should be things like contest awards and there is at least two events/contests that I know of which Sora forgot to update with the winner and award list. (oops) Perhaps the community manager could do just that?

Quote:Name Helping Center: Need help picking a name for yourself? Go here!

Why? I will ask you to elaborate, because I don't actually see this becoming a popular thing if it's what I think you mean.

Quote:Private Server Ideas: Post your ideas and apply to become an ideas helper, then you can deny and accept ideas.
We actually already have a place to share ideas! YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT! Click this link here. You're welcome. I am actually serious. I know it's not quite the exact thing you described, but I don't think it's a good idea to empower users on what appears to be a very subjective criteria. It's fine as it is, or as the saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Oh sorry I'm kinda new. But don't worry I'll have more ideas.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]