Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Confessions
(11-20-2016, 05:53 PM)DTricksplit Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 02:06 AM)d-_-b Wrote: When I was roughly four years old, at my great grandfathers funeral, I used matches to light my bed on fire (I swear this is a true story).
Then I came out of the bedroom to my mum and said "Happy Birthday, mummy, happy birthday", looking at her like Angel (I had no clue that I had done anything wrong). I had never been to a funeral before, only birthdays; and the only other time I had seen fire was when people were lighting candles at my birthday parties, so I called it "Happy Birthday", not fire. She suddenly realised that I wanted to show her something and raced into the bedroom, in time to see all the linens go up in flames.
Wow, it's amazing how childrens minds work, I can see how this could happen.  I hope the fire was quickly contained  Shy .

I had a friend who had a fire too, that was caused by a 3 yr old.

They had four kids, mom stayed at home, dad worked... so a pretty typical family, right?

But their youngest would get up around 5am every day. They could get out of their crib, so they had the run of the house. One morning, the child had climbed up on top of the stove, and turned on one of the elements. Subsequently, a paper product was placed on top of that, and before you know it... everyone was waking to the realization their house was on fire.

In their case, the fire department came, put out the fire, the young child and everyone else got out okay, and the insurance company policy covered the damages.... So it wasn't a total disaster where someone died, or was permanently injured, and so on.

Thankfully, that's less likely to happen at my place, because unless I'm working (which is only the case in 50% of days), I'm probably awake already, before anyone else gets up. Also, while our 2 yr old has figured out how to get out of his crib, we put him in a huge sleepsack, on backwards so he has trouble (and doesn't see) the zipper... so his legs are restricted enough that he can't get out.

But still... thats part of parenting... knowing the limitations of your present family existence, and dealing with it somehow to keep everyone safe.

(I think that if this did not work, that we would have set up a camera with motion detector across the youngest bedrooms, which sets off an alarm in mommy's room. There's always a way to deal with something... but parents don't always consider all the possibilities.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!