Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Slothy's Official Goodbye
Hello all of AGF. This is the last time I will type this sentence. 
Recently my activity here has been shortened. I have became less involved in agario. The game isn't fun for me anymore. In the last months I have been treated bad behind the scenes. I have witnessed a staff member abuse power. A lot more. I never spoke to anyone about this, for reasons I don't want to explain. @Sora feel free to message me about it 

101 I will miss u
Dm me on discord to talk (u know mine)

Bye everyone
-Slothy

I may come back every once in a while to see how the forum is looking ( I doubt it tho)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slothy's post:
  • ✨101✨
(07-14-2016, 05:50 AM)Slothy Wrote: Hello all of AGF. This is the last time I will type this sentence. 
Recently my activity here has been shortened. I have became less involved in agario. The game isn't fun for me anymore. In the last months I have been treated bad behind the scenes. I have witnessed a staff member abuse power. A lot more. I never spoke to anyone about this, for reasons I don't want to explain. @Sora feel free to message me about it 

101 I will miss u

Bye everyone
-Slothy

I may come back every once in a while to see how the forum is looking ( I doubt it tho)

Sorry to see you go, Slothy. Sad You were a great person -- I have no idea why anyone would think to treat you poorly anywhere. As you said on Discord, if it's time to move on for you, then that's life. Agar.io / AGF / these forums are a passtime that does not really advance your life much, in most cases. Hope you're doing famously, wherever you are, and "killing it" at whatever you're doing!

Take care, my fellow tree-liver! (And I do hope you'll return, if only to check in and let us know what's up with you!)

PS: With allegations of abuse, I hope that if anyone has something like that, they'll go to @Sora, and take up his time to explain it. I can assure you that he cares, and wants to know.

There is nothing worse for an owner of such an enterprise, than this sort of message -- to find out, too late, that something was going on, that should not be.

As with all things in life, a simple forum may not seem like much, but "power", and even "reputation" appeals to many. So there's often opportunities for abuse, especially when some of the volunteers are not that old. I've been there, as the software guy asked how to control and catch abuse, and make a space as safe as is possible.
\
So if there's anyone else with such a story, PLEASE make sure that Sora hears about it! And please, while it's occurring, gather as much evidence as possible. Generally an owner will only give trusted people a bit of power, so they will typically not want to believe it.

For anyone not sure how to collect evidence, PM me, and I'll be happy to try and advise you.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Breakfast , DTricksplit, Voakie , ℱIRE
I'm sorry to hear that Slothy...

You were a good friend, probably the first person I've met here.

I wish you a great future and I hope everything goes right for you.
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

Well I think I've made my position pretty clear on where I stand with that sort of thing. I am sorry to hear that you are going through that. I never got the chance to know you, but I'm sure you are a lovely individual. Don't ever give your power to someone else. Let me explain further what I mean...just because someone says something or does something hurtful to you doesn't make it right or true. If you listen to the crap someone says and you believe it, then you've given your power away. Take your power back and know you are worth so much more. Everyone should have good people in their lives that care and build them up. The only people that tear others down are the ones who are insecure and unhappy with themselves, they are miserable, so they want others to be miserable. If you need backup let me know, I'll be your support or I'll knock them out. Sucker punch. Hang in there, this to shall pass.

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
Well... where to start? I could've expect it Slothy. I noticed you were less active then you were before. It's the same for me. So sad to see many great people leaving the forums.. You.. Hazr.. XC...

Slothy, i'll miss you <3
Tired of living.
What is going on here in this forum, it doesn't sound good people. I'm not new to Aga.io the game, but I am new to the forum. It's very concerning to hear so many people feeling the need to leave. We all apparently got sucked into the vortex that is Agar.io. When I first saw the concept of the game I thought how dumb...but wait, I'm getting bigger...cosmic power, I'm eating everyone, then your hooked. At the end of the day we are all human beings, we have all been sucked into the vortex that is Agar.io. Why can't we just recognize our commonality and show our fellow gamers some respect. Here's a concept, if you've hurt someone's feeling you say, "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I should never have..." The world could be a much better place if we showed each other more compassion and understanding. Don't be a jerk, it's far easier to choose the path of ignorance but the stronger person chooses the path of compassion. Don't mistake compassion for weakness.

[-] The following 4 users Like DTricksplit's post:
  • Doigt, Squirrel , Voakie , ℱIRE
(07-14-2016, 07:05 AM)DTricksplit Wrote: Well I think I've made my position pretty clear on where I stand with that sort of thing.  I am sorry to hear that you are going through that.  I never got the chance to know you, but I'm sure you are a lovely individual.  Don't ever give your power to someone else.  Let me explain further what I mean...just because someone says something or does something hurtful to you doesn't make it right or true.  If you listen to the crap someone says and you believe it, then you've given your power away.  Take your power back and know you are worth so much more.  Everyone should have good people in their lives that care and build them up.  The only people that tear others down are the ones who are insecure and unhappy with themselves, they are miserable, so they want others to be miserable. If you need backup let me know, I'll be your support or I'll knock them out.  Sucker punch.  Hang in there, this to shall pass.

Thank you. If you ever want to talk further about this, pm me. I may not respond quickly or ever, your call.
You had one of the best replys and we never even met. You seem like a great person. Keep it up
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slothy's post:
  • Squirrel
I don't want to offend you, but if you actually got treated bad behind the scenes, talk to us about it, and don't make a secret! You don't help us at all like that. Hit me up if you feel like talking about it Smile

Sorry to see you leave! We'll hopefully see each other again soon.
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • Squirrel
Good bye Slothy, it's sad to see you go, I remember you telling me about stuff that happened sometimes and your feelings about it, but you didn't really make it 100% clear to me. You have my discord, we can keep in touch there, thanks for all the good memories, it's sad to see such a great personality of AGF go, I wish you the best of luck in life. HeartHeartHeart
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Squirrel
Best Sloth ever 

Gl my friend Cry
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
Slothy, I hope you reconsider your decision to leave. Show the @ssholes you will not be shaken. I don't know who they are, but if your one of them, you better knock your ship off. Sorry goes a long way, lead with compassion. Compassion is not weakness, bullying however is. It's harder to take the high road than to stay in the gutter with the scum. Yeah, I Said it!

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Voakie
NO WHY? I will always remember you. keep in touch.

If you ever want to talk about anything I will help. I Stood up to my friend who was being bullied and abused by a 19 year old so I will not just stand here and watch you.

I will remember you.

Always,
Breakfast

(07-14-2016, 06:29 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 05:50 AM)Slothy Wrote: Hello all of AGF. This is the last time I will type this sentence. 

101 I will miss u

Bye everyone
-Slothy

Sorry to see you go, Slothy. Sad You were a great person -- I have no idea why anyone would think to treat you poorly anywhere. As you said on Discord, if it's time to move on for you, then that's life. Agar.io / AGF / these forums are a passtime that does not really advance your life much, in most cases. Hope you're doing famously, wherever you are, and "killing it" at whatever you're doing!

Take care, my fellow tree-liver! (And I do hope you'll return, if only to check in and let us know what's up with you!)

PS: With allegations of abuse, I hope that if anyone has something like that, they'll go to @Sora, and take up his time to explain it. I can assure you that he cares, and wants to know.

There is nothing worse for an owner of such an enterprise, than this sort of message -- to find out, too late, that something was going on, that should not be.

As with all things in life, a simple forum may not seem like much, but "power", and even "reputation" appeals to many. So there's often opportunities for abuse, especially when some of the volunteers are not that old. I've been there, as the software guy asked how to control and catch abuse, and make a space as safe as is possible.
\
So if there's anyone else with such a story, PLEASE make sure that Sora hears about it! And please, while it's occurring, gather as much evidence as possible. Generally an owner will only give trusted people a bit of power, so they will typically not want to believe it.

For anyone not sure how to collect evidence, PM me, and I'll be happy to try and advise you.

please tell me more I want to catch the thief

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
(07-14-2016, 07:05 AM)DTricksplit Wrote: Well I think I've made my position pretty clear on where I stand with that sort of thing.  I am sorry to hear that you are going through that.  I never got the chance to know you, but I'm sure you are a lovely individual.  Don't ever give your power to someone else.  Let me explain further what I mean...just because someone says something or does something hurtful to you doesn't make it right or true.  If you listen to the crap someone says and you believe it, then you've given your power away.  Take your power back and know you are worth so much more.  Everyone should have good people in their lives that care and build them up.  The only people that tear others down are the ones who are insecure and unhappy with themselves, they are miserable, so they want others to be miserable. If you need backup let me know, I'll be your support or I'll knock them out.  Sucker punch.  Hang in there, this to shall pass.

Wow, that was an amazing piece of positive writing! And so true.

He might not see it, unfortunately, if he stays true to his word... but I'm going to copy it over to the Discord channel he was on too, just in case he goes back there.

There's nothing more to add, but all I can do is click 'Like', and I wanted to stand up instead, and let out a loud cheer!

I was the target of some bullying back-in-the-day, and it's hard to say how much it affected me. It certainly made me more timid, trying to make friends. I would let them come to me, and then I figured I was good. And I don't think I've ever turned someone away, unless they did something to me, or one of my friends, or at the request of someone important to me.

But still... it was there, and there's no question, it left marks. Still, a person can slowly heal thereafter, and I think I'm mostly okay now. I'm pretty sure Slothy wasn't too far on in life either, so he has lots of time to find all the answers he needs.

It's too bad he didn't give us more of a warning. Sad

(07-14-2016, 01:54 PM)Breakfast Wrote: NO WHY? I will always remember you. keep in touch.

If you ever want to talk about anything I will help. I Stood up to my friend who was being bullied and abused by a 19 year old so I will not just stand here and watch you.

I will remember you.

Always,
Breakfast

please tell me more I want to catch the thief

I see your point now. Whoever it was, is partially responsible for us to lose someone who was nice, shared with us, and made people happy. Sad Okay fine, @Slothy was probably right that he wasn't advancing his life as he should be at that age, while on here. But our youth is not just about the learning, it is a time for fun and frivolity! Both are important, later on in life.

Fine. Because I didn't have an excessive number of friends at a younger age, I put more effort into learning about computers. I started that at the age of 16, and quickly learned more than the average young guy would in 5 years in just one. Because I wanted to, and I made time for it.

By the end of highschool, my teachers would brag to each other if I actually went to all of their classes... (lol), because I was usually doing computer stuff instead. (Oh. And looking back on that, I'd have devoted more of my time to the subjects I didn't like so much. It would have made me a more well-rounded person heading into university, where I failed to graduate... partly because I had the wrong mindset, partly because I just didn't put in the effort, and partly because I didn't want to "play" by a proven University-student playbook.)

Are you spending too much time here? If you think you might be, you probably are.

As with all good things in life, they are better in moderation. Consider the important things, and plot your own road to success. There's no-one like you, to make whatever it is happen! Go get what you want. Or 'never stop chasing your dream', as they say. Just do it smartly... with all things in their place, and in proper proportions. Smile

(Easy for me to say now. I think I could have been a lot more, had I just put my mind to it more. But I thought I'd share that bit of "hindsight" at least.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Voakie
For everyone asking, just pm me and I might find the time to explain everything.
(07-14-2016, 06:37 PM)Slothy Wrote: For everyone asking, just pm me and I might find the time to explain everything.

I tried contacting you on Skype
[Image: Voakie.png]